TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Sink828 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

February 15th 2017, 09:51 PM

I'm taking pills for depression but they don't Seem to be helping no guys want to talk to me and I don't know what's wrong with me I try to look pretty and smell nice and be nice but it doesn't seem to work and I feel like I'm constantly drowning and can't talk to anyone

I feel so alone I can't talk to my friends about my depression and I feel like I'm constantly drowning please just someone talk to me

Last edited by .Brittany.; February 16th 2017 at 04:48 AM. Reason: Merging Threads/Posts

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount16

Edit avatar

Re: Help - February 15th 2017, 10:57 PM

Hi there.

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm sorry to hear how you are feeling recently. I'm proud of you for opening up here because that's a big step.

You mentioned that you're taking pills for depression but they don't seem to be helping. Since you have medication for depression, I am assuming you have a psychiatrist? I'm wondering if you have spoken to him/her about the fact that they don't seem to be helping. Adjustments and changes could be made if it isn't helping.

In regards to guys not wanting to talk to you; there's nothing wrong with you. Always remember to be yourself, be kind and you'll come across a guy who likes you for who you are. Making changes and going the extra mile such as putting effort into looking pretty (hair, makeup, different clothing etc) may be temping, but try to do that for you, not someone else. Dress the way that makes you happy and makes you feel pretty because you deserve to feel pretty. If guys don't talk to you, it is their loss. At some point a guy will notice your heart and be attracted to who you are, and that's what is worth waiting for.

At school, perhaps you could strike up a conversation with people who seem nice and genuine to branch out and potentially make new friends as well as meeting someone you like in the romantic sense. In the meantime, I encourage you to focus on your depression and seeking support. Your own health matters and it's important to take care of yourself. Bringing new people into your life can be very healthy and good for you as long as you still focus on your health at the same time.

Talking to a professional about your depression and feeling like you are drowning is a good idea too because you shouldn't have to go through it alone feeling like you can't talk to anyone. I'm wondering why you feel that you cannot talk to anyone? The idea probably feels scary, but could you talk to your parents or another trusted adult about how you're feeling? You deserve support and someone to turn to. A support system can make a world of difference when you're feeling the way you are feeling because it prevents you from bottling it up inside and dealing with everything alone. Opening up verbally may be difficult, so you could go another route by writing a note explaining how you are feeling and give it to the person you'd like to talk to.

In addition, you are more than welcome to reach out here anytime you wish. If you feel comfortable, you can message me if you'd like someone to talk to, okay? I'm more than happy to listen. I just want you to know that you aren't alone and that you have support here. I hope we can help you out and that you feel better soon. Take care!

Last edited by DeletedAccount16; February 16th 2017 at 03:39 AM.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Sink828 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Help - February 16th 2017, 10:52 AM

Thank u very much that actually did help u see I go to an all girls school that's quiete small so there's not a lot of people I can talk to also I feel anxious around my family and want to leave. Yes I went to a person but they just made me feel worse and worse so I stopped going . I took blood tests but they haven't come back yet . I don't want to talk to anyone about y that I know because they will treat me differently but thank you

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount16

Edit avatar

Re: Help - February 16th 2017, 08:31 PM

You're very welcome!

Are there are clubs or other activities at your school and in town that you could go to so that you can socialize with more people?

Is it okay if I ask why you feel anxious around your family and want to leave? Have they upset you, or do you not feel comfortable around them in general? I'm wondering if there's a way you can become closer with your family and feel more at home. Perhaps you could redecorate your bedroom in a personalized way you feel safe and happy in?

I'm sorry that the person you went to made you feel worse. Was it a therapist or counselor? If they only made you feel worse, I understand completely why you'd stop going. But assuming it was a professional, it may be a matter of trial and error until you find one that is personally helpful to your struggles. Some people immediately find the right therapist, while some have to see quite a few therapists until they find one that helps them.

As for talking to someone you know, I understand not wanting them to treat you differently. I'd hope they wouldn't treat you differently, especially if they care a lot about you. It may take them time to process the fact that you're having such a hard time, but in the end they'd see the lovely person they've always known. It may even bring you closer because talking to someone you know and trust will show them you do trust them, and make you even closer. Plus, those around you love you a lot I imagine, and they wouldn't want you struggling alone like this, you know? You deserve support.

I'm hoping the blood tests come back perfectly fine, and that you have a good day today. Take care!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
del677 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Help - February 18th 2017, 05:07 AM

I had to try many different antidepressant meds before finding the one that worked for me.

I bet there are a lot of men who are attracted to you. They may be the quiet ones too shy or anxious to open up.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Thinking Offline
Think, and solve problems!!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ivan

Re: Help - February 25th 2017, 03:32 AM

Hello! I am sorry to hear what happened, so I will try to help.

>> no guys want to talk to me and I don't know what's wrong with me

- Well guys are shy people too, and definitely not every guy are brave enough to talk to girls. Sometimes even making eye contact is already so intimidating, how would making a conversation any easier?

Okay I cant really give too much advice on this because talking to people in real life is something rarely happened to me, but I do know that if other girls can talk to you well and make friends, I can't imagine why not the same for guys.

>> I try to look pretty and smell nice and be nice but it doesn't seem to work

- This is just my opinion (and might be orthodox to other guys), but I would rather talk to a girl who doesn't have to make artificial makeups or try too hard to look nice. Do note that I didnt say its bad to spent some time to make youself look good, but for me being tidy and clean is definitely sufficient.

Three reasons: That could mean the girl has something special other than being beautiful, and being too decorative could mean this girl is wasting too much time on appearance and could have spent more time in improving herself in many other ways. And being too beautiful can be very intimidating for guys, but being tidy and clean mean a lot about the girl and will be respected by guys a lot!

My advice is don't try to think of pleasing other guys, be what you are naturally and I am sure some guy will love you for being who you really are. Real guys look for what's in your heart, not about how you look.

>> I feel like I'm constantly drowning and can't talk to anyone

-This is what TH for! You can definitely rant as much as you want here and everyone here cares about your problems.

>> I feel so alone I can't talk to my friends about my depression

You are not alone. I had been in your position before. It was even worse because that time I even shut down my PC activities, so I didnt even try to seek help online. I can also understand your fear of telling it to your friend. But I just want you to know that your friend cares about you. If they don't you shouldn't call them a friend at all.

With this criteria, if you think you have a friend in real life, don't dissapoint them, because they deserve to listen to your problems and I am sure they are willing to do so. You deserve friends as much as they deserve you, and dont let them escape frm your life! If you think you don't have any good friend in real life, then meet new friends here! Everyone here are so kind and more than happy to help you

>>I went to a person but they just made me feel worse and worse so I stopped going.

I am sorry to hear that. Don't worry, you will be respected here, and given the support that you deserve. Its good to hear that you stop contacting that person, but is it possible that the person might be genuinely trying to help you, but failed? If its not then its perfectly fine to leave him, but if it is I hope you can give him/her a chance to help you. They might not really be of help but surely they tried their best to help you, and I am sure even the kind intention is already enough to make you feel better.

But in the end, don't force yourself. If you think you want to leave a person, then do it. Don't make yourself suffer anymore.

I hope I can help you to be a bit more happier after reading this. I really tried my best to help! That should make you realize that you are not alone and you matters!

Best Regards,
Ivan.

Do my best at everything I can to live a happy, perfect life.

Happy life won't come by being happy everyday. Struggle and always work hard.

Forgive other's imperfection, they will work hard about it once I point it out to them, just like what I should be doing.

On the other hand, never tolerate with my own mediocrity. Never slack and always strive improvement.

Never settle. Never give up.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Thinking 
Closed Thread