TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Svetlanavolkova Offline
Svetlana Volkova
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Svetlana Volkova

Exclamation Please Help. - February 17th 2017, 12:50 PM

Recently, I got a virus on a pad I have. A bunch of apps with profiles that are not mine were downloaded with a lot of pretty....naughty pictutes. Anyway I got this antivirus thing and deleted what I thought were all the apps and pictures. However, my uncle went through my pad and called me a lesbian and said I was talking to so and so (I honestly have NO idea). I'm very upset. He's taken it away from me but offered to give it back. I refused because I didn't think anything was left on there. My point being, I had a very great friend on there. I no longer can find him and my device sucks with facebook, I wasn't able to find him and I KNOW he has it. He is the one who truly keeps me sane.....and I can't speak to him because my uncle is getting rid of the pad anyway. Not speaking to him shows me how alone and depressed I truly am. I don't want to live anymore. I am sick. I have this strange feeling of staying stuck in this hole. No, I can't say this to anyone. I want to die without him.

Last edited by .Brittany.; February 17th 2017 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Removed Triggering Prefix

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: Please Help. - February 17th 2017, 06:22 PM

Hi Meredith,

I'm so sorry that you're feeling this way. It's always hard when you lose connection with your friends.The reason you might be having trouble finding him is if he has his Facebook extremely private. If you ever find yourself in this situation make sure that your iPad is completely wiped before you give it to a family member to fix.

Your friend wouldn't want you to kill yourself because you aren't able to talk to him. I'm sure you guys will eventually reconnect.

Stay Strong
Brittany

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Svetlanavolkova Offline
Svetlana Volkova
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Please Help. - February 18th 2017, 03:30 AM

My uncle said he would get me an ipad but I don't know when. Either way he's a freak and I don't know how to hide my chats from him. Either way, I feel like my friend will forget me. I feel helpless. I have no friends at school.....

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Svetlanavolkova Offline
Svetlana Volkova
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Please Help. - February 18th 2017, 03:31 AM

What I had before wasn't an ipad. It was just a cheap pad thing.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
del677 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Please Help. - February 18th 2017, 05:15 AM

Did you have a backup?

Maybe ask your uncle to just get the friend contact info off the pad?

Or, rather than a specific friend contact, ask for all the contacts?

One good friend can be a very special thing for both.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount16

Edit avatar

Re: Please Help. - February 18th 2017, 08:59 PM

Hi, Merideth!

Have you spoken to your uncle and explained that you didn't intentionally download what he saw, and that it was a virus? You could ask him if he knows how to fix it and further help him realize that this was not your intention. If your uncle listens and decides not to get rid of it, you could try other antivirus sources and if that doesn't work, do a complete wipe

How were you talking to your friend? I'm wondering if it was through a different website or app. You could go back to that website on a library computer to request a different, easier form of contact other than Facebook. Or if you wanted to try to use Facebook on your current device, you could for him to see if you can find him or look up his friends and see if he's on their friends list. As Brittany said, some people have their Facebook settings very private.

I am sorry you have lost contact with your friend. I feel you'll get to talk to him soon, and I hope you do. But in the meantime try distracting yourself with things that calm you and make you happy. I know it's really hard when you lose contact with a close friend and a source of support. Which is why I wanted to reassure you that you aren't alone. You always have support here at TeenHelp. We don't want anything to happen to you. I know life is really hard right now with this happening, but it will get easier. I know it doesn't make how you are feeling today any easier, though. It's okay to not be okay, but I do encourage you to stay safe and remember you can always reach out here.

Stay safe and hold on, Merideth. You can message me if you need someone to talk to.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Svetlanavolkova Offline
Svetlana Volkova
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Please Help. - February 18th 2017, 10:17 PM

I can't ask him for the contact info he will get angry if he finds out I was talking to a guy. It was on an app, Horror Amino.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Svetlanavolkova Offline
Svetlana Volkova
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Please Help. - February 19th 2017, 01:01 AM

I know it sounds stupid

(#9 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount16

Edit avatar

Re: Please Help. - February 19th 2017, 02:22 AM

It isn't stupid at all, Merideth. I completely understand why you'd be upset since you seem to really care about this guy.

Are you able to download the app on any other device? And if not, do you have a trusted friend or someone you know to borrow their device to download the app? You could log into the account once you get the app, and send your friend your Facebook contact details and then log out, delete the app and hand the device back to the person. It may seem weird, but if it's a trusted friend then I doubt they'd mind at all.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Svetlanavolkova Offline
Svetlana Volkova
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Please Help. - February 19th 2017, 02:28 AM

I have no friends or other devices.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Please Help. - February 19th 2017, 05:57 AM

Well, I'm sure that this friend can still talk to you. If this friend is who I think it is.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

Closed Thread