TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Angeal Offline
Average Joe

Name: Ranada Givens

Unhappy Not Doing Good - February 24th 2017, 02:35 PM

I've had so much going on in the past few months, and I've been trying to shoulder it all myself, but I just can't anymore. Today was a major breaking point, because my dad wants to get rid of two of our dogs. One we've had for 6 years and the other only a few months. All because my sister decided to leave,and he can't take of four dogs himself, because I have school and work, and apparently no time for them. I tried to eat something today, and just couldn't stand the taste of it. I cancelled plans that I have been looking forward to for a two weeks and was really excited to do, but now i don't want to. I spent $100 for no reason. I don't want to do nothing now. I told an older lady that I was about to drop all of my classes, and she talked me out of that, and said to keep going with my schooling. I don't even want to go to work. I've never been this low before, but I just don't know how to deal with this. I was 10 minutes late to my class, because I was just sitting in my car crying, and couldn't stop.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: Not Doing Good - February 24th 2017, 05:30 PM

Hi Ranada,

Thank you for reaching out to us, that's one of the hardest parts. I personally keep everything that I'm feeling and all the stress I'm going through bottled up. I try not to confide in my friends as I realize that they all have their own issues. Eventually my bottle would literally explode, which turns out really bad, because I don't normally reach out, I have a very hard time reaching out to someone. This is why bottling everything up, is a very dangerous thing to do.

I'm sorry to hear that your dad wants to get rid of your dogs. I've always had a hard time when it comes to losing animals. We've never had to take an animal to the humane society before, but I can't imagine how hard it would be. Are you able to see if your sister is able to take a couple of them? Could you guys look into getting a dog walker? A dog walker is someone who will come during the day to walk your dog.

I'm currently working more than full time, and I completely understand having no time, thankfully my dad is okay with taking care of my dog. However, when there's a time I'm not at work, or I have some time before I work, I spend 20-30 minutes playing with my dog to give her some attention from me.

The main thing I can recommend that you do, would be to go see your doctor. I was in the same place as you a couple years ago. I went to the doctor and psychiatrist and then got diagnosed with Bipolar disorder. When I got on the right combination of medication I started feeling a lot better, and was able to hang with friends and go to school. I also wasn't spending recklessly.

Another piece of advice, don't drop your classes. I planned to take a year off school when I graduated high school. One year turned into five. Eventually I went back. I had a lot of horrible life changing things happen while I was at school. I lost a lot of family, went through a divorce, lost a couple animals, and my family had major surgeries. My grandma and grandpas last wishes were for me to graduate. So I used that as motivation and I graduated. I now have a job in my field (I graduated with a job) and it's a well paying job to. So that is the biggest piece of advice I can give. I know it's hard, but it needs to be done.

Stay Strong,
Brittany

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Thinking Offline
Think, and solve problems!!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ivan

Re: Not Doing Good - February 27th 2017, 06:26 AM

>> I've had so much going on in the past few months, and I've been trying to shoulder it all myself, but I just can't anymore.

-Please reach out to us. We are always here listening to your problems. You don't have to and don't deserve to take it all by yourself, we can help you by listening!

>> Today was a major breaking point, because my dad wants to get rid of two of our dogs.

- I am sorry to hear that. You must have a very loving relationship with your dog, and I can understand why you feel so bad about it. They might be no longer there with you, but they are always in your heart.

I would suggest you to collect all photos or details that you had with your dogs, and put them in a special box. I am sure you will smile to see and recall back those wonderful memories you had with them.

>> I spent $100 for no reason.

- Do you mind explain further what happened here?

>> I told an older lady that I was about to drop all of my classes, and she talked me out of that, and said to keep going with my schooling.

- I do agree with the older lady... I really recommend you to keep schooling. As you mentioned you don't want to work yet, so its a good option for you to keep schooling. I really feel for you when you felt like dropping classes, because I also felt so bad in school back when I am a student. Not academically, but I just felt I cant stay there for hours.

Hey, if you ever had problems with academics, feel free to send me a PM about it! I will try to help if I can. (though I myself isnt good at many subjects actually) Just try your best not to quit schooling since I think the world outside school is even more tougher.

>> I was 10 minutes late to my class, because I was just sitting in my car crying, and couldn't stop.

- I want to tell you that its okay. Do you know that people who cries alone is so much tougher than others think? Others will never understand how much pain it is to go through all by themselves, and they just dont want to hurt others with the negative feelings. I really respect your choice. Please don't feel bad about it.

This is definitely better than having a horrible mood to school. Its way better than having fear that you might not able to control your anger and sadness and hurt others with your words. This is what bullies do, and I am sure you won't, because you are a nice person. But if things is getting so tough to bear, always remember to rant to people whom you trust. They will definitely want to listen to your problems, so don't worry. And here as well! Everyone here are willing to listen to you

I hope this helps you even a bit. Smiles!

Do my best at everything I can to live a happy, perfect life.

Happy life won't come by being happy everyday. Struggle and always work hard.

Forgive other's imperfection, they will work hard about it once I point it out to them, just like what I should be doing.

On the other hand, never tolerate with my own mediocrity. Never slack and always strive improvement.

Never settle. Never give up.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Thinking 
Closed Thread