TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Loneliness (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f540-loneliness/)
-   -   been very lonely in real life. (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f540-loneliness/t150473-been-very-lonely-real-life/)

Green Yoshi March 20th 2017 05:11 AM

been very lonely in real life.

I don't have anyone to spend my days with anymore since she left.

I'm in pain and I don't know what to do. I'm sad and I really feel very down.

TheAtomicBlade March 20th 2017 10:00 AM

Re: been very lonely in real life.

Hey,
I know how you're feeling. I'm going to give you a bit of rough love. You need to move on. She didn't give you happiness, you gave that to yourself.
I've not been in touch with some of my closest friends because they are busy. It hurts like crazy. I feel super alone too. But I've started finding things to keep myself occupied. I listen to music, go for runs, workout, and do other things to keep myself occupied.
You need to find that click for you. Its going to be hard yes, but you can find it. I've got depression too mate, due to causes I'd rather not discuss, but I am trying to find things to keep my mind occupied.
I understand this is a rough patch and that this friend meant a lot to you, but you can't let it destroy you. Something similar happened to me (albeit not with a very close friend) and it did hurt. But you need to move on. You need to find closure in some form.
Perhaps meeting a therapist is something you can consider to try and find closure. Or perhaps you can try journalling, or working out. Working out is great since it releases endorphins making you feel better AND as you shape up you feel better about yourself.
Also, perhaps you could look into social networking to meet new people. Perhaps use the app Bumble (you can use it to find friends) or websites like meetup.com. If you're at uni, perhaps look at some clubs and social activities they hold? Those are generally great places to meet people. Or perhaps look into a class like yoga or meditation which helps bring peace and also meet new people.

Hope this doesn't come across as attacking you, I promise thats not my intention. I'm just trying to help you get out of the rut.
Keep your chin up it will get better.

Green Yoshi March 20th 2017 12:30 PM

I'm already out of uni but i kinda stopped working because I have no motivation..

I want to find someone .. :hug: Its been very tough. Its been so hard.. She meant a lot to me and losing her..... I don't even know how to quantify how much that hurt me. I don't even know if its possible.

Don't worry.. I know that your intentions are good.

She meant the world to me. :(

DeletedAccount16 March 20th 2017 08:18 PM

Hi there!

Would it be possible to start working again? Working could have its benefits because you could put your mind on something else, stay on a schedule, and socialize with co-workers to make new friends. Working could be good for you right now because I've found that when we stay home, it allows us to sink deeper into these painful feelings and past experiences.

I understand completely that this girl meant the world to you, and simply moving on isn't that simple but it is important to continue trying nonetheless. Take this as an opportunity to explore yourself. What do you enjoy? What do you want in your future? What kind of person do you want to be? Perhaps this is an opportunity to find yourself in one of the darkest times in your life, and that could mean the world to you.

We all get lonely when we haven't had anyone special in our life, and even more lonely when we lose someone special who was in our life but it is important to find a friend in yourself. That is when you'll discover more independence in which you can take with you in future life journeys. We all find ourselves depending on someone special for our happiness, and when they're gone it is excruciating, which is why it's important to initiate that act of care by ensuring we don't place too much dependence on someone else. Others can make our lives brighter and add lots of happiness, happiness you can't get from just you alone, but make sure that person doesn't hold all of your happiness, okay?

And once you know who you are, and hold your own happiness then someone special will come along to share that happiness and admire who you are. For now, focus on yourself and building up different things in your life to make each day brighter and easier one day at a time. Everything is gonna be okay. You can get through this. I know that losing her was heartbreaking, and that you miss her greatly - I imagine she was a big part of your life, but I have faith that you're stronger than you know you are. And I know that better days are ahead of you. It is worth holding on for what the future brings.

Stay strong. You've got this.

Green Yoshi March 20th 2017 10:37 PM

:'( i have tried to work again.. i always skip lunch because I have no mood to eat, and i eat unhealthy food all the time. .

I don't even know if I'm that strong anymore... You already know that I kinda am badly broken.

Thanks. Though..It is heartbreaking and it is more than just that. I don't feel any emotions anymore.. :hug:

I know who I am. I am someone who had a bad past and no one who I could count on in the past besides my family ( they always scold me and guilt trip me about everything and my mom always said harsh things in the past which was why friends are my secret haven ) .. and I am now in the worst possible state I can be in.

:hug: Thanks though.. Ellie. :hug: You... deserve happiness. :hug:

Btw, yeah.. she was a big part of my life. We did everything from book fairs to movies to food trips to heart to heart talks together. Losing her was me losing a big part of what made my days good. :hug: