TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
into creation x Offline
Not a n00b

I don't know who I am - April 10th 2017, 10:45 AM

I feel like I don't know who I am.

I met some new people yesterday. A lot of them seem to have so much to talk about like cycling, travelling, work and different areas they've lived. I actually found myself feeling alone with a big group of people. I've never consistently stuck with exercise, the limited travel I have done I can't remember well to explain because of my still awful memory and I feel like I'm somehow a loser.

I guess I am a loser though anyway with my lack of friends and lack of motivation for life.

This was pointless.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Thinking Offline
Think, and solve problems!!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ivan

Re: I don't know who I am - April 10th 2017, 02:43 PM

Hello! I am sorry to read what you felt. It can be difficult and confusing to learn who we really are at times. Its okay.

You are yourself. You are unique. Why? You are the person who lives your own life. No one had that specialness in your life than yourself. There is so much in yourself that no one else had. Because you decide who you are, and no one will decide for you that! You are the most special person in your life because its you. No one is more unique than yourself.

And regardless of everything, you are not a loser. You still have so much ahead of you. You will able to live a happy life, and for this reason you won't be a loser. There is no loser in the world of good people. Losers are those bad people who are monsters, who do bad things in their life. I am sure you are not, and you are doing good and meaningful things in your life. That is a very huge difference and you are never a loser!

There is a point in your life. You are the focus of the whole journey. Not anything else, but you. You matters, and you decide whether its sucess or not. I think its critical for you to realize there is no such thing as absolute failure or sucess in life. Everything is relative, and there is only one judge to that. You. You decide whether you are sucessful in your life or not, and you decide whether you are a winner of your life or not. Love yourself more and be more confident. You can do so many beautiful things in your life and one day you will realize that you are so amazing.

Hey I have horrible memory too! Hi five lol. But the idea is that don't make these flaws in you to make you down. Everyone has flaws and talents, and these are what makes you you! I want to quote a famous line: "Perfection is itself an imperfection." This is true. You are unique and special for all the good and bad traits you have, and it makes you appreciate your strengths even more because of your imperfections.

Sometimes we all need some reminders that we are good people. Its okay that we forget that at times. But sometimes we do not have people around us to remind it to us, and we feel lonely. Its okay. I shall be here to remind you that you are not a bad person. You are not alone with that, and you are not a loser. You have so much in youself!

Life is meaningful. You will live a wonderful life I am sure. Keep going and don't give up! Do know that if you have any problems you can always tell me via PM

Do my best at everything I can to live a happy, perfect life.

Happy life won't come by being happy everyday. Struggle and always work hard.

Forgive other's imperfection, they will work hard about it once I point it out to them, just like what I should be doing.

On the other hand, never tolerate with my own mediocrity. Never slack and always strive improvement.

Never settle. Never give up.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Thinking 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount16

Edit avatar

Re: I don't know who I am - April 11th 2017, 09:07 AM

Hey there!

A case of an identity crisis can occur in persons of any age; you aren't alone. Despite knowing there are others who can relate, it must be difficult nonetheless to not know quite where you fit in, who you are, what you're passionate about etc. As life goes on we change, and sometimes it takes extra amount of time and effort to figure out how we have changed and who we are. An investigation of oneself in a way.

Have you thought about journaling? I highly recommend purchasing a journal with an excess page count. If you took it with you each time you go somewhere you could document the experiences in detail. Sort of like taking notes to remind yourself of later, and revisit the positive memories and sometimes even negative ones to understand situations by looking at it from a different perspective following the event. Remember that a bad memory doesn't necessarily have to be a negative thing; it means you live more in the moment, living each moment to its fullest rather than thinking of the past and allowing it to affect your present deeply. And if you have a journal to document the good parts of life you can refer back to it when you want to refresh yourself. When you choose to.

We all find ourselves with a lack of motivation at some point and it can be really hard to turn away from, but it is possible. Perhaps you could travel again, or take up a hobby? Taking up hobbies can be tricky when you have a lack of motivation, because with a lack of motivation comes a lack of interest. But sometimes taking part in something new even if you don't feel like it can lead to something very positive. You may end up discovering something you are very passionate about, and if not, you can say you gave it a try and can journal your experience. And who knows? You may find yourself going back to it one day with a newfound interest in it! As for exercise, there are many different ways you can exercise and I'm wondering if you've tried many methods? Everyone is different and they have to find their own way. And some people pursue a variation of exercise. For instance, they switch up between cycling and going for runs. Is that something you'd be interested in? Routine can be difficult to stick with, but daily exercise can have a big positive impact on your overall mood, energy and health.

You're not a loser one bit, okay? You're a human being who deserves care, respect and is of lots of value. There is no one exactly like you in every single way down to every small detail. That makes all of us irreplaceable and special in our own ways which is pretty amazing. We're all amazing, just as you are, you know? You have plenty of wonderful qualities that you likely don't see or have not found yet. Be kind to yourself and explore who you are, and I'm sure lots of wonderful realizations and adventures will come of your exploration. Sometimes opening up can feel pointless, but I am still very glad you decided to write and post this regardless. I hope we have helped you, but even if the advice isn't something you feel you can utilize, I just want you to know we are always here and happy to listen. Simply getting feelings and thoughts off of your chest can be a relief and we don't mind listening. You are more than welcome to reach out anytime you need. Take care!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: I don't know who I am - April 13th 2017, 08:44 AM

Your situation reminds me of my own and the way I feel... I also feel very demotivated and I feel like I'll never be happy again.. but you can beat this.. and I got your back.

Also, the rest of us are here for you. You can count on us.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

Closed Thread