TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Loneliness If you're feeling lonely, isolated or down and need support and encouragement, this is a forum for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Adele101 Offline
Average Joe

Points: 4,811, Level: 10 Points: 4,811, Level: 10 Points: 4,811, Level: 10

Depressed and lonely - May 15th 2017, 09:03 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hi there.I just made this account and this is the first time I ever post a thrwad here so forgive me if I sojnd stupid or do anything wrong. Basically, I feel depressed, a lot of the time. It's like there's this great black hole inside me. Sometimes I feel overwhelmingly sad and heartbroken FOR NO UTTER REASON. others I just feel nothing, like just numb from all feelings. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I need it to go away. I'm fund in it hard to concentrate on anything and I just feel so numb all the time.
No one knows I feel this way, I act fine in front of everyone eke including friends and family, I'd never be able to tell them how I'm feeling because I know for sure they'll never understand. So I've come here in search of some sort of solace.
Please tell me if this is normal. I don't even know whether its deppresion or if im just being a stupid ungrateful idiot.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
fallingstargirl Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Estelle

Points: 8,025, Level: 13 Points: 8,025, Level: 13 Points: 8,025, Level: 13

Re: Depressed and lonely - May 15th 2017, 10:10 PM

Hey!

First of all, welcome to the site I'm glad you decided to look for help here. Since we're not professionals and none of us know you, no one on the site could tell you for sure whether you're depressed, but what you described really does sound like depression. If you really don't think you can tell your parents, you should try to tell a different adult in your life, like a trusted teacher or a school counselor. School counselors can be really helpful, but know that if they think you're a danger to yourself or others, they're required to tell your parents. If you really don't feel comfortable telling an adult, tell a friend you can trust. Even having one person who knows and can help you would be really good for you. Other than that, try to keep your mind off things with work or hobbies. Staying distracted and involved in things can help.

If you ever need someone to talk, even if it's just to chat, my inbox is always open. I hope this helps you out!

~Estelle

The opposite of war isn't peace - it's creation
~Jonathan Larson

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount24

Edit avatar

Re: Depressed and lonely - May 15th 2017, 11:13 PM

Hey, welcome to the site and I am glad you decided to reach out to us. Like Estelle said, we are not licensed professionals so we can't give you a diagnosis and say whether or not you have depression. It would be a good idea if you could talk to a trusted adult, such as a teacher or a mentor. I don't think you're being an ungrateful idiot one bit! It can be hard to talk about these things, especially if we've bottled it up all our lives in fear of being judged by others.

If you ever need to reach out to us again, don't hesitate! You can also use the HelpLink or LiveHELP services if you'd prefer some anonymity and privacy. Best of luck.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Adele101 Offline
Average Joe

Re: Depressed and lonely - May 16th 2017, 02:27 PM

I know, I can't just go arround diagnosing myself, but at the same time I can't talk to anyone, I've tried but never had the guts to actually do it. Thanks for your help though!
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
Article Editor

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 63,002, Level: 36 Points: 63,002, Level: 36 Points: 63,002, Level: 36

Re: Depressed and lonely - May 16th 2017, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adele101 View Post
I know, I can't just go arround diagnosing myself, but at the same time I can't talk to anyone, I've tried but never had the guts to actually do it. Thanks for your help though!
I know how hard it is to talk to someone about how you're feeling, trust me, I've been there. It was nearly too late for me to get help as I was only forced to get help after being rushed to the hospital two nights in a row.

You really need to get some help. It will be scary, but in the end you will most likely start feeling better. It will be worth it in the end.

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

Article Editor
Social Media Guru|Live Help Mentor|HelpLINK Mentor
Chat Moderator|Forum Moderator(Young at Heart)
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Adele101 Offline
Average Joe

Re: Depressed and lonely - May 16th 2017, 09:31 PM

Thanks for your advice
Closed Thread