TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Fanatic Offline
In Christ Alone ♥
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mary

Angry Empty and thoughts. - May 24th 2017, 11:41 AM

I can't help, but post on here even though I've tried avoiding it. Right now, something's eating up at me and I can't help, but feel depressed and despair over it. It seems I have a reason to be very depressed right now. It sucks when a friend whom you trust and has said it's okay to tell them everything, but takes back what they said says to not be a burden and to not pressure your burdens on them because I'm not the only person with problems? I know for sure that's not what you say to a depressed person and it's something that can make it seem like, "oh you can only tell so much until you become a burden?" Eh no. Fuck that shit. Just why the fuck do you have to say that when you obviously said it was okay and to not worry about it? That's what I don't get about "people" and I get why people don't tell other people about their depression and when they feel suicidal, because people get tried of hearing your problems and make you "the problem". They dont want to lose precious friends so they hide it. Then it consumes them and they cant hold it in any longer but still dont want to be a burden, so they believe that suicide is the only option. This is fucking huge problem with people and why people even not tell anyone their attempts. Because people are trapped in their own world, so no one gives a shit. This is the reason why people commit suicide, because no one will hear them out or counsel them when they need it. Suicide isn't the problem, people are. I know it has turned to a rant, but I'm just sick and tired of being called a burden for my feelings. And sick and tired of people who consent to listening to a person's struggles, but turn it back to them making them the problem. End.

"I'm not a piece of cake for you to just discard
While you walk away with the frosting of my heart
So I'm taking back what's mine, you'll miss
The slice of heaven that I gave to you last night
." - "Cake" by Melanie Martinez

Send a message via Skype™ to Fanatic 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
let'sjusttalk Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Empty and thoughts. - May 24th 2017, 03:45 PM

Hi there, I am sorry to hear that someone would ever say something horrible like that. It does suck I know but my advice is to stay clear away from them and anyone else who is like that. You need to surround yourself with positive vibes and love.
Also, I will ensure you that you are not a burden, everyone is entitled to have feelings and emotions and I agree with the fact you should never call someone a burden, especially if they are depressed. It is very inconsiderate on their part.
I hope everything works out for you and I am here if you ever need to rant some more or just need someone to listen. Stay strong. x

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Fanatic Offline
In Christ Alone ♥
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mary

Re: Empty and thoughts. - May 26th 2017, 05:19 AM

Thank you so much. I'll keep in mind of your words and thank you for reaching out. There's much truth to your words and people like that aren't worth it. I do feel more clear and sane now after having an episode and writing this. I just wish people were more sensitive to this issue and weren't so afraid or closed off to people who suffer with depression and suicidal thoughts then maybe if they weren't, so many people wouldn't die from suicidal attempts.

"I'm not a piece of cake for you to just discard
While you walk away with the frosting of my heart
So I'm taking back what's mine, you'll miss
The slice of heaven that I gave to you last night
." - "Cake" by Melanie Martinez

Send a message via Skype™ to Fanatic 
Closed Thread