TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Nikki4164 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Honest opinions - July 31st 2017, 04:11 AM

People say you can always get better and you can always turn your life around but isn't there a point where you can't come back from everything? The point where rock bottom feels like it's the sky. The point of no return? I feel there is no turning back and there is no getting better and that it's just not possible for me.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
I'm sorry you lost.
TeenHelp Addict

Re: Honest opinions - July 31st 2017, 06:23 AM

In a way, yes. But that's not a bad thing. Sometimes something happens that's so monumental it will change your life forever. For some people that could be a single event, such as a death in the family, while for others it may just be a culmination of a series of things, such as reaching a point where recovery doesn't seem worth it anymore. From that point you can't ever "come back" - that is, you can't go back to the way you were. But that doesn't mean you can't move on.

Personally, I've found that - as cheesy as it sounds - embracing my past has been really helpful in terms of moving forward. I have reached a point where I felt like I couldn't go on, and I wouldn't say that I came back from it. I worked through it. My life is different than how it would be if I hadn't reached that point, but that doesn't mean I can't still be happy. Sometimes you have to give up on your idea of what your life was supposed to be in order to make your life the best it can be.

I believe that it's never too late for someone to turn their life around. There are plenty of stories out there about people who reached rock bottom and managed to pull themselves back out again. These people have felt like there was no light and no hope for them, but they rose above that in order to rebuild their lives. And here's the most important thing - most of them didn't do it alone. If you've lost sight of where you're going or what you want your life to be, then maybe you need to spend time with people who can remind you of it.

At any moment in time, you have a choice. If you don't like where you're at or where you're going, you have the ability to change it. It probably won't happen overnight, but if you keep your resolve, it will happen eventually. Maybe instead of trying to work on going back to how things were, or who you were, try to move forward and become who you want to be, living the life you deserve to live.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
del677 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Honest opinions - July 31st 2017, 08:56 AM

I can identify with that!

I've been there too.

The tunnel can seem endless. I had no idea if or when it would ever end. And it went on for months, which lasted over a year, and longer.

But once they got me on the right medication, then I started to recover. Two weeks and I could at least tolerate being alive again. A couple months and I felt "I could live with this." But to my surprise it got even better, and better, and just kept getting better, for a full year, until I was astonished, and wondered, "Is this how normal people feel? Well, that sure explains a lot!"

Yes the brain can slowly heal itself completely once it's given the right medication and environment.

In the mean time, whatever it takes to survive and get through this. Whatever helps. Come talk here. Telling someone your misery can be cathartic. (Makes one feel better.)

Best wishes.

Closed Thread