TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Chaotic_ Offline
Average Joe

Name: Cass

Please Help - August 4th 2017, 09:59 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So I have gotten literally a two hours of sleep.
My depression is taking over as well as my anxiety.
I'm having crazy thoughts but I know I wouldn't act on them.
It's just I'm stressed.
Between work, an internship, a 3 hour Spanish class that gives me anxiety, and daily life I'm exhausted.
I broke my tooth and I'm deathly afraid of the dentist.
This whole tooth thing is literally "the straw the broke the camels back"
How dumb, right ?
I'm having thoughts over a stupid broken tooth.

I need to talk to my counselor, ASAP.
I don't want to e-mail him and tell him these thoughts, I need to sit down and talk to him, in person. He can decide what to do then, I just need to talk though.
How can I explain this to him and how serious it is, without getting in trouble.
I don't want him to just call the cops and I don't know until there at my door.
But I don't know how to put my thoughts into an e-mail correctly to where he doesn't flip and feel morally and legally obligated to call.
I want his help. If he felt that way after meeting and chatting I wouldn't argue him. I trust him.
I just need to explain.
I can't call because it just goes to his secretary, and I wouldn't know what to say to her: "Hey, can you have my T give me a call, I'm feeling really off today."
Someone gave the advice of just showing up, but that's breaking so many boundaries.

I really need ideas.
I want to stay safe.
He's my safe space at the moment.
I'm just worried I can't make it until my next appointment.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Wonderlust Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Sunny

Re: Please Help - August 5th 2017, 12:36 AM

Hey Cass.

You need to address the matter clearly and show him how important it is. The dentist thing I get. Honestly Im sorry, this is heartbreaking to read. My help wont be that good as I am currently not doing great myself. But honestly keep PMing me so I know you are ok. Talk to friend, watch TV, do something to keep your mind at ease. Try something creative, those work well. Power through until your appointment. Sending love.

Life's a tough b**ch, but you are tougher. Go show it who's boss. <lots of love and hugs>

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Adele101 Offline
Average Joe

Re: Please Help - August 5th 2017, 07:07 PM

Hello,
Honestly I agree that you need to address the matter directly. If you don't your the only one who will suffer from it. You need to let it all out and have an expert's opinion on what the best way to deal with it is. I understand what you mean by not being able to get your point across through an email or phone call, could you perhaps arrange a Skype call with him? I saw in another one of your posts that you were going to tell your therapist about you being passively suicidal. Have you already told him, if so then he obviously hasn't told the police and there may not be much reason to worry. I wish you the best of luck, and sorry if this is abit of a long- winded answer.
PM me whenever!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Chaotic_ Offline
Average Joe

Name: Cass

Re: Please Help - August 6th 2017, 08:21 PM

Thanks for your response!
I haven't chatted with him about it yet.
I did send him a very vague e-mail telling him that I needed to talk to him about something important but I didn't feel comfortable to talk about it via e-mail and if he could help hold me accountable our next appointment that would be great.

I have five days until my next appointment, some days that feels so long, others I feel like I can handle it. It was just that three weeks wrecked me. I can't do three weeks right now, sooo, I think that brought on those thoughts as well.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Wonderlust Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Sunny

Re: Please Help - August 6th 2017, 10:16 PM

Im glad you got in touch with your therapist! Definitely tell him everything thats going on. Stay strong, fight for it!! Sending love your way!!!

Life's a tough b**ch, but you are tougher. Go show it who's boss. <lots of love and hugs>

Closed Thread