TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount42

Edit avatar

Telling my doctor? - August 7th 2017, 01:11 AM

Hi! So I am planning to tell my doctor about what's going on and get a therapist. I'm not really sure how to tell her and how to address the situation, so how do I do that? I'm pretty nervous. I don't want to be put on meds at the moment because I don't really feel like I need them right now, and I can't swallow pills for the life of me. (Believe me I've tried soooo many times) Anyways if you have tips on how to tell/ask her, that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! PM me anytime! <3
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 107,364, Level: 46 Points: 107,364, Level: 46 Points: 107,364, Level: 46

Re: Telling my doctor? - August 7th 2017, 02:50 AM

Hi Sunny,
I'm glad you're going to tell your doctor about what's going on that's a huge step. Good job and good luck. Can you make a list of things that you want to ask her? That can be a lot easier, to talk to her. I hope it goes well for you. Hugs.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,194, Level: 59 Points: 172,194, Level: 59 Points: 172,194, Level: 59

Re: Telling my doctor? - August 7th 2017, 04:44 PM

What I've done in the past is wrote a letter detailing everything that I've given the person I wanted to tell because this let me get everything out without forgetting anything or without backing out because of nerves. Maybe this is something you can do? You can write down the main points of what you'd like to tell your doctor or so she can read it and then the two of you can discuss from there.

You definitely don't need to go on medication if you're not comfortable with it either. It's something that can be discussed down the road if you want, but for now you can focus on the therapy.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38

Re: Telling my doctor? - August 7th 2017, 05:47 PM

Hi!

Thank you for coming to us here for some help. I am glad you have recognised that you are struggling and have decided to reach out for support and help because you don't and never will deserve to go through this by yourself.

In all honestly, be honest. It might be very hard, but I always think the first 20 seconds are the worst. So take 20 seconds of bravery and spill it out. If you really feel you can't say the words verbally, you can always try writing them a letter about how you are feeling, any thoughts or/and urges you are having and what is triggering you to feel this way. Then they can read it and begin the conversation with you.

Doctors can be very helpful, espeically as a first point of call. I have been seeing my GP for nearly ten years (was every week up until this year and now every few weeks) and honestly, he helps me so much and has saved my life at times. I want to remind you, you are not the first to go in and talk about this. You are not the first and sadly most certainly won't be the last. They have experience with this and you need to remember that. They are there to help you and you deserve that help.

I just wanted to say that we're always here for you too. I know sometimes talking to someone online like this isn't as helpful as talking to someone in "real life" but we're still here, we'll always listen and we won't ever judge you but try to help and support you as best as we can.

You can do this. Have hope and believe in yourself!

Take care,
Jessie

’Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.’

Big sis, always and forever, 15/04/2018
Closed Thread