TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ikigai Offline
la razón de vivir en japonés
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sue

I'm afraid - August 22nd 2017, 07:53 AM

My boyfriend and I broke up. It didn't happen because we quarreled but of different reasons, I don't wanna go into detail here, we're still getting on well though. Anyway, he was my first bf and for the first time in my life I actually felt loved and cared for. I'm really emotionally drained now, I feel like a zombie. I could just stare into the wall and nothing interests me. I even fell physically ill.
The thing is, I'm going to a new school in September. I have always known this school would be a challenge; not only is it very demanding as far as education is concerned, but it's also attended by talented and very ambitious pupils.
But I never knew I would have to go to this school for the first time in such state. Maybe if the break up had happened at the beginning of holidays I would have got myself together during those 1,5 months. But now? I'm afraid I won't make it. I'm not able to handle the emotions now and I'm really scared of what is going to happen in September...

Nada es verdad, todo está permitido

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ikigai Offline
la razón de vivir en japonés
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sue

Re: I'm afraid - August 23rd 2017, 09:58 PM

What can I do? I vomit and feel really bad (physically as well), I don't know what to do...

(#3 (permalink)) Old
TheAtomicBlade Offline
Resident Sith
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tortellini

Re: I'm afraid - August 24th 2017, 01:53 AM

Hey there,
Firstly I'm sorry you went through such a nasty break up.
There are a few strategies you can employ. First up, if your school offers counsellors, I'd recommend making use of them. That will definitely help ease your transition into the schools rigour as well as with your emotional state. In the same breath, if you feel close enough to perhaps a buddy you are assigned to, you could talk to them about this.
Perhaps, if you have a bit of time, you can talk to your family members or friends about your concerns. Voicing them to someone may help you feel better as well as let them know whats happening.

Something else you can perhaps think about is, that this is a new school, and so a fresh slate. People may not know you so you have a chance to meet new people an get over your ex. The rigour of the school may also help you keep yourself busy enough to not brood.

I hope this helps and you're welcome to PM me if you'd like to talk.
Cheers
Tort

PM me if you ever wanna talk. Send a message my way.
And remember, you matter. You're awesome. You're beautiful. Stay strong, the world will get better.

May The Force be With You.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
del677 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I'm afraid - August 24th 2017, 09:31 AM

Schools often have counselors you can talk to.

Schools want their students to do well, and they know students go through rough times and have things happen like relationships break up which can affect their ability to do well in school, so they want to work with the students to help adjust whatever they can do. They can adjust your work load so you're not taking more than you can handle. They can help with feelings of breakup, which they are likely good at because it's so common. They're usually good people to talk to. (Then again they are people, and people vary.)

It may be normal to feel this way after a breakup. I like to have someone keeping tabs on me when this happens to me so I know someone else is watching over me ready to step in if I stay depressed for too long. That's why I like having a counselor. I can talk to them, tell them what's going on in my life, and they are watching over me making sure I don't sink. I like to have one established before something bad happens to me, so I'm ready for it.

Going to a new school can be scary. Moving in to a new location is always stressful and scary (at least for me!).

and you can always write here too.

Blessings!

Closed Thread