TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AMA on teenhelp Offline
im just a dead man walking
Regular TeenHelper

Name: .

Having no friends - August 26th 2017, 01:13 AM

Im so depressed lately i just have 2 people i know and somethings hang out with i just dont get it im outaide alot talking to people but people just dont like and im getting sick of it

it takes a strong man to deny whats right in front of him and if the truth is undeniable you create your own

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Adele101 Offline
Average Joe

Re: Having no friends - August 27th 2017, 11:13 PM

Hey there, maybe you havent found the people you would click with. Have you tried joing some clubs for hobbies your interesetd in? That way you'd get to know people who have things in common with you. And just remember that the number of friends you have doesn't lessen your worth or your importance. Don't bother listening to what people think and their comments because their criticism will never end. And don't forget you'll always have friends here who care about you. Hope this helps

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jess~ Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: jess

Re: Having no friends - August 28th 2017, 01:14 AM

A lot of times the less friends you have the stronger and closer your relationship with them can be. Don't envy the popular kids who have 10-20 acquaintance "friends". My mom always told me when it comes to friends, quality matters more than quantity.
I'd rather have 2 friends who I know have my back and will support me through thick and thin rather than 20 people who I can go to the mall with.

Maybe try hanging out with your two friends more? Try to strengthen that bond and get to know each other better. In the meantime, like the above poster said, I definitely suggest joining clubs or looking into activities like sports and stuff where you can meet new people. I know it's hard to be lonely right now, but just know that people will constantly be coming into your life and going out of your life, especially after high school when you don't see the same people every day.

i don't know what i'm supposed to do
haunted by the ghost of you

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Concinnity Offline
Go gold.
Not a n00b

Name: Hailey

Re: Having no friends - August 28th 2017, 04:03 AM

Sometimes it takes a while to find people you really click with; I've only had one friend like that in my entire life. Maybe you just haven't really found your circle yet. It might help to join clubs/sports/etc., or make some friends online, because those are totally legit friends, too! Remember that the number of friends you have really doesn't matter as much as the quality of the friends you have, and I'm sure you'll find a friend or two that you really click with someday! It just takes time and a little luck.

"Chase your stars, fool. Life is short."

(#5 (permalink)) Old
del677 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Having no friends - August 28th 2017, 10:16 AM

I have the same problem too.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Having no friends - August 30th 2017, 06:50 PM

I agree that sometimes having less friends is better than having a whole lot of friends. I have two-four core friend's and the rest are aquaintances. I can say that I would prefer only ever have my core group of friends because I know that they care and have my back.

If you would like to meet more people I suggest that you look into clubs in your area. Either look at your school or do a google search and see if anything pops up. I know my city has quite a few different groups/clubs. Book clubs, movie clubs, atheist groups, christian groups etc. There is even a group dedicated to filmmakers.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Having no friends - August 31st 2017, 06:35 AM

Maybe you could join some societies and look at activities where people meet up for the sake of just meeting up. Also keep in mind that online friends can be real life friends .. and one thing to remember is that you should always have faith in yourself. You're someone who's completely your own and if they ignore you, then that's their loss.. not yours.

Keep the faith and remember that you deserve the best!

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Markus Offline
Professional Human

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Marcus

Re: Having no friends - September 3rd 2017, 08:19 PM

Friends are sure important, but make sure you make the correct friends. The number of friends you have does not matter. What matters is the quality of the friendship A good quality friendship last a long time, even for a lifetime.

Last edited by Markus; September 4th 2017 at 12:33 PM.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
CollinsJordan Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jordan Collins

Re: Having no friends - September 5th 2017, 01:41 PM

Well, maybe that is even better - you will have really close friends)

(#10 (permalink)) Old
lauridoglover Offline
Not a n00b

Name: lauri

Re: Having no friends - September 6th 2017, 02:37 AM

I'm sorry. I get it, I have no friends }: I'm 25 and have no friends. It does suck and it's lonely and depressing.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
DannyGShields Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Having no friends - September 15th 2017, 09:49 AM

Try to be happy in your own company! People will be directly be attracted towards you.

Closed Thread