TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
KahlieDaPotato Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: kahlie

I feel worthless - September 21st 2017, 03:48 PM

my parents yell at me for getting a slightly below-average grade not letting me have normal fucking weekend making me work on thing that CAN be worked on if you want to get a better grade but I fucking don't want to I just want a normal childhood I recently relapsed after being clean from 6 months thing just got so hard for me to handle I recently cut deeper than I ever have (which may seem shallow for some ppl) I'm having suicidal thoughts again thinking about stopping eating I just don't know what to fucking do

EDIT: right now I've never wanted to kill myself more than I do now ik its the same day but sheesh my school make FUCKING 6TH GRADERS DO 10TH GRADE STUFF they push us soo hard all I want is a normal childhood my friend said that when I turn 13 her mom would let me move in with them. I just don't know what to do

Last edited by KahlieDaPotato; September 21st 2017 at 06:10 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
KahlieDaPotato Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: kahlie

Re: I feel worthless - September 21st 2017, 06:09 PM

my parents yell at me for getting a slightly below-average grade not letting me have normal fucking weekend making me work on thing that CAN be worked on if you want to get a better grade but I fucking don't want to I just want a normal childhood I recently relapsed after being clean from 6 months thing just got so hard for me to handle I recently cut deeper than I ever have (which may seem shallow for some ppl) I'm having suicidal thoughts again thinking about stopping eating I just don't know what to fucking do

EDIT: right now I've never wanted to kill myself more than I do now ik its the same day but sheesh my school make FUCKING 6TH GRADERS DO 10TH GRADE STUFF they push us soo hard all I want is a normal childhood

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Lumos. Offline
Used to be Don'tForget
I can't get enough

Name: Dionna

Re: I feel worthless - September 21st 2017, 10:16 PM

Hey there,
I am so sorry that you are having such a rough time, and I know that me saying that doesn't do anything but I sincerely wish there was more that I could do other than give you words of encouragement and advice.

Have you thought about speaking to your parents or a school counselor about the rough patch that you have been going through? I know in some cases that is not the best thing to do, but if you feel like it could help it would be a really good thing to do because then you would have someone who knows what you're going through. If not your parents then there should be guidance counselors at your school who you can talk to and possibly get some advice or even just a listening ear.

Its hard to deal with a recent relapse, for me it has always seemed to make things feel more unbearable, even the slightest things. Relapses are difficult, but they are a part of addictions. A relapse does not mean that you failed, or that you are weak. Cutting is a hard thing to beat, but there are skills that can help you. Here is a list of skills to try instead of self harming. Skills can be very helpful in recovering from self harm. I would also suggest using some of those skills to get past strong emotions or suicidal thoughts. Distracting or delaying the urge can be major in being safe.

As for right now, try taking a few deep breaths and remember that this feeling isn't forever. Feeling bad doesn't last forever, I promise. It is hard right now, and that is okay, but it will pass. If you ever need anything feel free to PM me, I'm on pretty frequently and I don't mind helping one bit. <3

As for school being really difficult and feeling like the work is too hard for you, talk to some of your teachers and see what they can offer to help you. Your teachers don't know that the work is hard unless you bring it up with them. Often teachers want people to ask questions and ask for help. They can sit down with you and go over things or even offer you resources to help you with the school work. They may even be able to tutor you, or find someone who can.

Again, this won't last forever. I hope this helped in some way, and if you have any further questions feel free to ask.
Best of luck and stay strong.

From day one I talked about getting out
But not forgetting about
How all my worst fears are letting out
He said, "Why put a new address on the same old loneliness?"
When breathing just passes the time
Until we all just get old and die
  Send a message via Skype™ to Lumos. 
Closed Thread