TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Adele101 Offline
Average Joe

I want to die. - November 29th 2017, 08:07 PM

Anything and everything makes me hate everyone and everything. I keep having crazy mood swings and its all a just so frustrating. I can't deal with this anymore, it's all so worthless. I just want to die. Dw (that is if anyone even cared in the girst place) I'm not self harming, so I'm not actually going to kill myself but I wish I could.

Keep calm and carry on.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: I want to die. - November 29th 2017, 10:39 PM

Hi Adele,

I'm so sorry that you're feeling this way, sometimes suicidal thoughts are the hardest to deal with. It's really good that you've decided to reach out for help, that's a huge step, that's not always that easy.

Can you try doing something that will distract your mind from the thoughts? I find watching TV, movies, or going out helps with my thoughts. I definitely recommend trying one of them out.

Don't forget, we are here if you need to talk to anyone. Stay Strong

Brittany

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: I want to die. - November 29th 2017, 11:45 PM

Hey there,

Dealing with these thoughts can be difficulty. I am glad that you reached out to us here. I hope that with time things will get better for you. I am wondering if you have considered looking into counseling either individual or group? I know that might be a tough thing to consider but it might be something that could prove beneficial.

When you are having these intense urges, it might help if you tried to do something to distract yourself. I know, for me, when I am thinking about harming myself I will either read, watch tv/youtube videos or I will come online and chat on Teenhelp or post a blog. Maybe you can find some activities that you can use to distract yourself with.

Lastly, do you know if there are things that might be triggering your suicidal thoughts? It might help to figure out what those things might be and see if you can come up with some type of resolution.

Best regards and I am here if you'd like to chat.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
CatoriOnawa Offline
Love & Light!
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alicia Colville

Re: I want to die. - December 1st 2017, 06:42 PM

Hey there Adele,

I have a different take on suicidal thoughts.
When I was 13, I was hospitalized, in seclusion for being suicidal. I attempted, [edited]
My counsellor at the time suggested things to help distract my mind, find a happy place, etc. It didn't work. I couldn't distract myself with anything.

The thing that worked best for me was support. A place where I was free to express how I was feeling; I could cry, scream, do what I needed to do for release.
It was having the people who were in the same mind state as me, knowing that they were reaching out too. I offered my help to them, which in turn, helped give me purpose in my life.

I had quite a bit happen in my life that caused me to become suicidal. I struggled for years, but it is overcomable! You can get through this. It may be one step forward 2 back, but you will get there.

Last edited by .:Bibliophile:.; December 3rd 2017 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Please do not post methods of suicide. It goes against the Terms of Service.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
BusyGirl1995 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I want to die. - December 1st 2017, 08:48 PM

Hey
Whenever I have thoughts of anything negative I try to think of the good things I have in my life. I will find something that I can always go back to. For instance, I have a church family I lean on and they pray with me.
There are times though when I dont want to bother anyone so I will Journal about it. Journaling has always helped me through anything tough I couldnt tell anyone. I hoped that this helped some!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: I want to die. - December 2nd 2017, 02:18 PM

No,dont die.. there's so many things you have to live for!

1. Cute kitties.
2.Love.
3.The possibility that things will get better.
4.Relaxing in bed with cats.
5.Murakami books.
6.friendship.

And the truth is no matter what.. you'll always be worth it. And there's so many blessings to behold.. and also the fact you'll love, and be loved in return.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

Closed Thread