TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Average Joe

Exclamation I Am So Scared. - December 12th 2017, 12:17 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

[SIZE="a"]Hello, everyone.

I'd try and keep this short, but that seems a little difficult to do at the moment. So I'll just let it go.

I have two best friends. We'll call them Frank and Robin.

Now, despite not having known each other for very long, we are all incredibly close. So close that we can trust each other with every secret we have.

During an admittedly fun drunken sleepover on Friday night, there were a few things going wrong.

At around 3am, Frank had gone outside after watching Lilo and Stitch. It reminded him of his family. I went out shortly after, worried, to find him crying and replaying the video where the characters discuss their family.

I sat by him and let him talk about things for a while. And he told me about how his family was falling apart, with an autistic sister he needed to care for and a severely depressed mother. I comfort him, and we go back inside, as it was f***ing freezing.

Robin and I hugged him for a good hour, before they went off to get a drink. And this is around the time I had a mental breakdown of my own. I sat out in Robins backgarden, by the wall. I was in shorts because they were my PJs.

Frank came out the join me after ten minutes. He had been worried. We talked for a bit, but I didn't tell him much.

He then confessed he was wondering if he could have used the [edited]. He hadn't tried, luckily.

The rest of a night was a blur.

Fastforward a few days, and he's over my house with Robin. I had just gotten out of a long, hard band practice. And Frank was serious. He was talking about killing himself. [Edited] near where we all live. Robin and I talked to him, and talked him out of it.

Another fastforward to tonight. We were playing cards against humanity. And Frank is making jokes about it. Naming his username after the name of the [Edited] Stuff like that. Spamming the skypechat with worrying messages.

I'm terrified that he's going to do something to himself. And, now he's openly suicidal, I feel I can't tell anyone that I'm struggling because it would seem like I'm copying him. Especially to Robin and others.

I don't know what to do.[/size]

Last edited by .:Bibliophile:.; December 13th 2017 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Please do not post suicide methods as it goes against the TOS

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: I Am So Scared. - December 14th 2017, 09:44 AM

Hello

I feel like you need to talk to him about his suicidal desires. Talking about suicide is a sign that it might be coming. You need to tell him that he's precious and that you'll be here for him.. always. Part of the reason why he's thinking of doing it is probably because he's having a lot to deal with and he feels like there's no escape or any form of salvation for him. You have to prove him wrong and let him know that you guys are there for him.

And maybe one day.. you'll need to tell them about your pain and inner suffering. But I do understand that you have reservations about letting them know.. So I do think that you should do that at your own pace. But whatever you do.. don't hurt yourself. You're more precious than you think you are.

Also, you can count on us. We're always here.

Much kindness and warmth,
Darren

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

Closed Thread