TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TheEdenProject Offline
Not a n00b

getting better?? - December 18th 2017, 07:46 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

i'm just really depressed right now and i feel like through all the help i get, i'm not getting any better and that i'm just the most unthankful human being for still feeling bad and starting with the h and the pills again.

i'm being helped for the substance abuse but it's hard and the guy today said it's a road and that getting better doesn't happen from today to tomorrow, which i know, but i'm still just.. feeling so alone and down. maybe it's the fact that i just used that makes me feel worse, but i just don't know how to feel okay and i feel worthless and unthankful for not being okay.

i just wanna know what other people do when they feel this way. when they feel misunderstood maybe. when they feel alone, depressed and don't know what's wrong with them.

"We drift away
Diffusing light
Confusing times
Growing up
Or cascading down?
Cascading down
I'm hurting now"

- EDEN // crash

feel free to PM or VM me if you need someone to talk to, i always have a listening ear and i never judge anyone.

former HelpLINK Mentor - 01/20/18

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Online
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: getting better?? - December 18th 2017, 08:47 PM

Hey there,

It is definitely a possibility that using has caused you to feel a lot more negatively. I know that is something that happens when people use drugs and it becomes a vicious cycle; they use because they are feeling really badly and than they end up feeling even worse.

I am wondering if there is something that has sparked these feelings? It might help to identify the trigger for these extreme feelings. It might be hard to do but it could help you to identify healthier coping skills.

One thing I am going to suggest is that you talk to the people who are trying to help you with your addiction. I know reaching out can be difficult but that is one of the things they are there for. They might be able to help talk you through the urges you might get to use and they might be able to help you figure out what you need to get to a better place.

One of the the things I have learned over the years is that there is absolutely nothing wrong with reaching out for help. I know that reaching out during the times I have felt this low helped me in the past.

Lastly, I want to say that you aren't ungrateful or anything like that. When a person struggles with these types of things it takes time for them to get to a better place. It is also important to remember that even if you are at a better place there might be periods of time when you feel a bit down. The key is to refrain from beating yourself up and try and figure out what you need to overcome these difficult times.

Best regards.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread