TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Elianaa Offline
4K Miles <3
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Eliana

Points: 3,218, Level: 8 Points: 3,218, Level: 8 Points: 3,218, Level: 8

School is becoming a huge problem - January 16th 2018, 05:15 AM

Hi my name is Eliana and school is becoming a huge fucking problem okay? I live in one of the toughest states for homeschooling, (Massachusetts) so that is not an option. I’m having panic attacks and anxiety attacks way too often than I should and the only friends I have to support me are across the country. Everyone else isn’t there for me. We have a teacher who is screaming at us for no reason,calling assistant principals (will explain why that’s bad later),making fun of us and this teacher has even pushed my friend into a desk once. The guidance counselors will not help us and actually force us to admit we are wrong when we’re not. My friends in California are all telling me I need to get out of this school but I can’t go to another public school due to having really bad social anxiety and I cry daily in the 2 classes I have with 30+ kids. The teacher hard giving us issues is our special ed teacher, I’m in those classes due to ADHD and anxiety. I can’t do homeschool because of my states laws are too intense for my mom to follow (having to be awake while I do work, she works nights and has to sleep and other unfair laws) I have no options. The assistant principals also force us to admit we are wrong when we’re not and make us cry and tell us to “shut up” and I’m forced to stay at this school. I really need help...

-Ellie
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: School is becoming a huge problem - January 16th 2018, 09:45 PM

Hey there,

The things you are describing are not appropriate behavior for any school employee to be exhibiting. If you are unable to get help from the employees at the school (guidance counselor, assistant principle etc) you might need to talk to your mom about everything and have her write a letter to the school board/the superintendent. It's possible that you could write these letters but it's more likely that they will take action if your mom complains.

The things you are describing could be viewed as abuse of power and the biggest way to deal with that is by making people who are 'higher up' award of the situation.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Elianaa Offline
4K Miles <3
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Eliana

Points: 3,218, Level: 8 Points: 3,218, Level: 8 Points: 3,218, Level: 8

Re: School is becoming a huge problem - January 24th 2018, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Abibliophobe~ View Post
Hey there,

The things you are describing are not appropriate behavior for any school employee to be exhibiting. If you are unable to get help from the employees at the school (guidance counselor, assistant principle etc) you might need to talk to your mom about everything and have her write a letter to the school board/the superintendent. It's possible that you could write these letters but it's more likely that they will take action if your mom complains.

The things you are describing could be viewed as abuse of power and the biggest way to deal with that is by making people who are 'higher up' award of the situation.
I told her to do that and the school wants me to go in with her. That’s a huge no because I know they’re just gonna be like “Mrs ____isnt really doing that, you’re just lying for attention aren’t you Eliana?” and then when I say no I’m not they call in the assistant principals to say the same thing but in a much rider,more threatening way which forces me to admit to that even though what I said was 100% true.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,622, Level: 34 Points: 57,622, Level: 34 Points: 57,622, Level: 34

Re: School is becoming a huge problem - January 24th 2018, 05:15 PM

It's good that you are trying to get help when dealing with this situation. The school wants you to go in so that you can share your side of the story, and only you can do that. They shouldn't accuse you of lying though. If the assistant principals have to be brought in then it's good to stick with your version of events and not be made to feel like you are lying.

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer
Closed Thread