TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Bumblebee123 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Don't Know How to Share that I'm Struggling with Suicide - February 19th 2018, 01:30 AM

Bottom line is I feel suicidal. I have been for a long time, which is why I think I'm so prone to these feelings even though I can recognize good things in my life. Right now I feel suicidal because I feel hopeless for the future and my mental health is overwhelming. I'm going through some things currently as well, but like I said I recognize the good things in my life.

I'm scared because I don't want to leave the good things behind-- I really don't want to die. But I've started accepting the suicidal feelings as normal which makes me neevous that I might actually do it at some point. As I'm typing this, I'm in an especially bad place...

My relationship with my parents is very complicated, and I find myself physically incapable to initiate a conversation or speak truthfully to them about this. Especially considering family situations contribute heavily to my depression, it's too overwhelming for me.

I have a very good relationship with teachers at my school. I'm at a unique magnet school with a strong support system. I want to tell a teacher there so that I can get support. I want support but I'm scared of not being able to control what happens around me after I reach out.

Also I have no clue how to bring myself to have this conversation. I'm typically not sullen at school. When I'm around people I do a good job putting on a positive front and keeping myself from getting in my head, which almost makes me feel like I'm faking it. So if I go have a conversation with a teacher about this, I'd have to really have a plan and commit to it, I couldn't do a spur of the moment heart to heart.

I already have a friend I talk to about this, and that helps. He's doing the right thing and encouraging me to get help, but I'm scared. I need help getting help...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Svisttt Offline
Art Dork~

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Crystal

Re: Don't Know How to Share that I'm Struggling with Suicide - February 19th 2018, 06:07 PM

Hey there!

I'm really glad you're reaching out with this, and I'm extremely grateful you're wanting to get help, even if you aren't sure with how to go about it.

I would definitely see about talking to a teacher about this, or maybe a school counselor if you're able to. It might be a little intimidating at first, but I feel like it'd be a really good way to get the support you deserve. Telling someone about my depression was really scary to me at first, but in the end it helped me to get better.

I'm not really sure how'd you'd go about bringing it up to them, maybe you could ask to talk about it during lunch or at the end of a class? You could also probably get your friend's help with it if you'd like and if they are willing, but whatever you decide to do, I'm hoping it all goes well and you get the support you need

If you ever feel overwhelmed and are in need of distractions or anything, maybe check this out! http://www.teenhelp.org/alternatives/ And if you ever need to talk about anything we're always here c:

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Don't Know How to Share that I'm Struggling with Suicide - February 19th 2018, 06:41 PM

Hello! I know what sort of position you're in ... better than I should.

You should probably get involved with people your age more ( avoid being around your family for now because they cause you stress ) and never stay isolated. Being lonely is literally a multiplier for suicide risk, and it's bad.. stay away from negativity, and also stay closer to those who make you feel warm.

You might also wanna consider doing things like walking around the neighborhood and feeding cats. Animals that you think as pets or anything along those lines calm you down, and may help you to find that peace and perhaps propel you towards a healthier mindset, where you might find your happiness again.

I know that these ideas seem a bit random, but every little bit helps. Its the combination of all of these that will truly help you overcome it.

Much kindness and warmth,
Darren

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

Closed Thread