TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SilentBunny Offline
Formally Sn0man
Regular TeenHelper

Name: jake

Does it get better ever? - April 22nd 2018, 01:56 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I am going through a rough time lately. My girlfriend left .e and is aborting my child at the end of the month.

She texted me last night saying she has someone new and I should leave her alone. I couldn't deal with that and attempted to take my life, my friends ended up coming and getting me to keep an eye on me.

I feel like shit this morning having only got 3 hours sleep. I fear I may attempt again soon.

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Online
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Does it get better ever? - April 22nd 2018, 04:14 PM

Hey there,

If you are going to try and harm yourself again I think it might be a good idea to let your friend's know and seek out help from a hospital. I know that can be difficult but I think that it could help you stay safe until you get to a place where you can keep yourself safe. The things you are dealing with are difficult and it is understandable you are struggling.

As for your question, I think life has it's up and downs. I think things can get better because of the ups and downs. I know I struggled a lot with my depression, self harm and suicidal thoughts and attempts for years and I have gotten to a better place. I still struggle with the thoughts but I am able to get through those tough times better than I could. I believe that the same could happen for you but it might take time. When we go through struggles it can take time for us to find the things we need to cope which is why it can be important to find ways to keep yourself safe until you can get to a better place.

Please know I am here if you need anything.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Noire Online
When is the future?
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jordan

Re: Does it get better ever? - April 24th 2018, 12:44 AM

I agree with Jenna. If you think you are unsafe please call your friends or go to the nearest emergency room to seek help. I know things seem bleak, but they do get better. Life will always have ups and downs. To some that isn't very reassuring but for others it means they recognize they will never ALWAYS be down. For a long time I thought I would always be down, but recently I've really come into myself. I went from being suicidal, attempting several times, and self-harming frequently to feeling happy, positive, and self-harm free. The things you're experiencing are difficult, but they don't need to be the end of everything. There is always another day, and it will get better again. However, like I said, if you feel your safety is in danger, go to a hospital.

Love joins
Love unites
Love breaks us apart
The power to conquer here in our hearts
Enduring and sacred
Eternal as time
For love, love alone will conquer all

"A Million," by VNV Nation
  Send a message via Yahoo to Noire  
Closed Thread