TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Nikki4164 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

It's over - May 5th 2018, 08:36 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

No one will ever care what have to say or understand who I am. I know I have nothing to live for and I know I will never have a friend or a significant other. And I know I will never feel anything except pain. People think I'm just being negative but I know what my life has shown and what my life has in store and I'm done being alone. I'm ready for silence and peace

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: It's over - May 6th 2018, 09:36 PM

Hello,

I am sorry that it took so long for you to get a reply. I know things are tough right now and I hope that Teenhelp can provide you with support while you try and get to a better place. I am wondering if you know what is causing you to feel so low? Do you think you are struggling with depression or is a lot of it situations in your life that are causing you to feel overwhelmed. It's possible that sharing some of things that might be causing this might be help us to provide you with support. It also might help you to vent about anything that might be causing this.

If you are in immediate danger of harming yourself please reach out to friends, family or go to your local ER and allow them to keep you safe. I know reaching out can be difficult but you deserve to be safe.

Do you currently have a counselor that you can talk too? If you do not it might be a good idea to look into counseling options near you. It is possible that you might be able to find a therapist who can support you through this.

Please hang in there and if you need anything please feel to message me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Noire Online
When is the future?
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jordan

Re: It's over - May 6th 2018, 09:39 PM

Except for the fact that no, you don't know what your life has in store for you. No one does. Even though it's tempting to think so what's happened in the past isn't indicative of the future. Even if your life up until now has been one depressing mess and you have never felt an ounce of joy (which is unlikely because it's hard to know what depression is if you've never felt happiness) that doesn't mean it will always be like this. No one, not even you, knows what the future holds. It's tempting to give in to those self-destructive thoughts and urges when things get bad but it only ever makes things worse.

I'm not you and I don't know what you've been through, but I've had some pretty shitty times in my life. Up until early this year I spent the last two years in the midst of a horrible depression in which I tried to commit suicide a few times. It wasn't helped when something bad happened that triggered my PTSD something awful and I was prone to erratic behavior and dissociative episodes that put me in physical danger. I had to be restrained to be kept safe. My point is, things were crappy and I though they would always be crappy. I was ready to die.

But the beginning of this year, things started to change. I met new people, took up new hobbies, started school. Started building a life of purpose. It was hard at first, but I began to feel joy. I was scared it was just going to disappear again but it's stuck around. And now I know, even if it does disappear again, it won't stay that way. There's always happiness out there, somewhere, even when it doesn't seem like it. Yeah you might have to slog through a lot of shit to get to it but it will come around eventually.

Bad times come and go. Life is just like that. Some times are crappier than others, and they may last a while, but it's not worth giving up your life. Don't let all that's weighing on your mind bury you; it's not worth it. You never know who you will meet or what will happen to you. Isn't the possibility of happiness worth holding on to? Isn't it better than just giving up and dying, especially when you don't know that things will always be miserable? Just something to think about.

Love joins
Love unites
Love breaks us apart
The power to conquer here in our hearts
Enduring and sacred
Eternal as time
For love, love alone will conquer all

"A Million," by VNV Nation
  Send a message via Yahoo to Noire  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Ruining moods since 2003
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Dori. Not the fish.

Re: It's over - May 18th 2018, 09:58 PM

Get some therapy. It seems to me that one of your central problems is that you don't have anyone to talk to about this.

in the mean time, my pm box is literally always empty, so feel welcome to come talk to me if you need to.

Closed Thread