TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Dust and Ash
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Aiyannah

Points: 10,736, Level: 15 Points: 10,736, Level: 15 Points: 10,736, Level: 15

My mom doesn't want me to work at a fast food place - May 1st 2018, 08:47 PM

So my local fast food joint, Sonic, is hiring 15 year olds and older. My mom doesn't want me working there because of the employees, but thing is they all go to my school.

I really would like to begin working to get some experience and to earn my own money, but I don't know what to say to get my mom to change her mind. I tried talking to her yesterday about possible employment there, but she said no. I began telling her that I wasn't gonna work at Sonic for the remainder of my days, that I just wanted to work there until I turn 16, which I can then begin working at a grocery store. She began quizzing me on how much change to give someone if they gave me a certain amount, and I think I impressed her with how quickly and correctly I answered her. She told me she'd think about it, but I want her answer to be yes. Is there any way I can convince her that it'll be okay for me to work there?

Sorry if nothing really makes sense. I'm super tired and feel off today.

When the world drags you down, roll over and smell the roses.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount29

Edit avatar

Re: My mom doesn't want me to work at a fast food place - May 1st 2018, 11:17 PM

Unless your mom has valid concerns for you not working there, such as poor management etc, then I don't see why you can't work there. What I've always done when I want to convince my mom to let me do something or have her see my way on subjects is to write a letter of argument. It isn't an argument, per se; it's just you presenting your case with points and why it should be that way.

I think a lot of high schoolers work either retail or grocery stores or food chains. So what you are doing isn't anything out of the ordinary. My sister worked at a food store when she was 15, and I believe she was there until she went to college.
Closed Thread