TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Thinking Offline
Think, and solve problems!!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ivan

An unorthodox advice? (might be trig) - May 23rd 2018, 03:03 PM

- People forget that result is not equal to effort. It is effort multiplied by efficency.

- Without understanding this you are stuck forever thinking the world is unfair.

- It is very important to realize the statement above. You can spend years to understand this. Once you do so, only then you can proceed to the next steps below.

- Every hardwork counts. No hardwork is wasted. "Wasted hardwork" is an illusion which are equivalent to low efficiency. Failures are part of your hardwork.

- Never grumble on "wasted hardwork". Low efficiency can only be solved by lots of re-evaluation and modification to increase it.

- If you are smart enough to realize you are stupid, you are actually not that stupid. If you are smart enough to doubt yourself from time to time, then you are not stupid.

- You are not stupid enough to say "I am unable to change my life". Those who can't are those unfortunate people with developmental disabilities (interllectually), who can't comprehend that they are alive, and they don't deserve to be called stupid.

- But if you still think you are stupid, read the above setence. If you can read and understand it, then you are not in the category I mention above as "unfortunate". I am writing to you! You are not them!

- So you must not say "There is nothing I can do to change my life". If you think you are stupid, work on how to be smarter. With hardwork you will be smarter. By being smarter, efficiency will come naturally.

- If you are smart enough to realize you are stupid or inefficient, you are also smart enough to solve stupidity and inefficiency problems.

- Grumble and rant decrease efficiency. This is bad. Don't do that often. Do it in a constructive way so that people can help you.

- Small talking to people also decreases efficiency. However, talking can help increase efficiency when you really need to talk to someone, like asking for help. Or when the conversation is meaningful and constructive.

- Choose not to get help and advice from other people despite you need it, is stupid. You do not make full use of your avalible resources around you.

- Giving up is stupid. You choose to waste every single effort you had devoted into it. This is the only exception of "wasted hardwork", which is what you chose.

- If you choose not to do your best at something, you choose not to be efficient while working on it. This is also stupid.

- If you realized you gave up, or not doing your best at something, then you are smart enough to realize you did something stupid. You are also smart enough to choose to start again.

- You want a happy life. But you can't do so by "finding happiness" everyday. This illusion tricks you to slack, instead of working hard to acheive what you really want instead. The so called "happiness" must come with a lot of struggle and frustration.

- Do your best at everything you can so that you will not fail your life. There is no way to get out of depression other than work hard and maximize efficiency.

- Never settle. Always be zero mediocrity-tolerant.

- NEVER GIVE UP.

- The world is fair.

What is a "more human" alternative to above? It's simple.

- Do only things you love. Then every effort you spent into it will motivate you to do better. Even if the world isolates you, your work will always be with you and make you truly satisfied. You will realize you never stop working on the things you love, and you will not give up on them no matter how bad your life is.

- If you ever find that you are stuck at your work, feeling hopeless or depressed, don't give up too early or start ranting to people right away. There are still a lot more you can do by yourself before that. Identify the problems and work on them in detail, one at a time.

- On the other hand, if you think that talking to people can help you feeling better and thus able to get back to your hobbies, don't force yourself not to do so. Don't succumb to any reasons, may it be your lack of time, your ego, or others. Talk to people, help yourself. You will get out of your sadness and re-gain interest in your hobbies again.

- Don't stop your hobbies even during your worst times. Let it be that you will have to force yourself to do them, don't stop doing your interests. Because they are your identity and they are dear to you some time ago, and will always stick with you.

- People won't stick with you forever. But what you do will. Treasure yourself and your work above anything. Then your loved ones. Only when you have spare energy after these two things... relax? No, keep working hard, or stay with the people you care about!

- It's hard to believe that "relaxation" can lead to low-quality life. But this can cause dissatisfaction, frustration, guilt and make you depressed. Never "relax". The real "relaxation", is actually to be with your friends and your loved ones, or people you care about.

- A high quality life is really, very, very easy. It really breaks down to two things: Do what you love, Be with who you love. Nothing else matters. You have a choice and wise enough to make a way to get rid of everything else that doesn't matter in your life.

- And lastly, the most important key: NEVER GIVE UP.

PS: Here is another unorthodox advice regarding friends and relationships (I seperate them since it doesn't flow with the above):

- If you make friends with too many people, you will bound to met one or two who will hurt you after some time.

- If someone hurts you, don't feel sad.

- The moment they betray you or hurt you, you can choose not to trust and care about them anymore.

- Spending energy to be sad because of people you don't care about is wasting time and inefficient.

- The more efficient thing to do is to find new people.

- The even more efficient thing to do is to reduce the number of friends from the beginning. You really don't need so many friends.

- It's simple: Do you need so many people to help you when you need them?

- Dedicate more time and energy to smaller amount of people, and having more time for your work. Your friends also deserve more time from you.

- Higher quality friends and higher quality of work is always better. Don't make too many friends.

These are some ideas from me, I have gave in a lot of thought into every sentence here since they are exactly the conclusions I had when I struggle alone with myself.

I hope I can help people with my words here. I am very sorry if I insulted anyone, because I am self conscious enough to realize that some sentence here are very strong statements and might be false.

But I will still take my stand strongly for my opinions here, I must be confident enough with what I say, if they are what I had given a lot of thought and really think is true.

I hope I can help you, if you are reading this.

PS: I finally understand that the less things I have, the more high quality time I am able to spent on it, the happier I am.

With much love,
Ivan

Do my best at everything I can to live a happy, perfect life.

Happy life won't come by being happy everyday. Struggle and always work hard.

Forgive other's imperfection, they will work hard about it once I point it out to them, just like what I should be doing.

On the other hand, never tolerate with my own mediocrity. Never slack and always strive improvement.

Never settle. Never give up.

Last edited by Thinking; May 23rd 2018 at 04:49 PM.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Thinking 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: An unorthodox advice? (might be trig) - June 3rd 2018, 10:53 AM

I found this insightful and I am glad you shared it. I hope learning all these things helped you in some way.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: An unorthodox advice? (might be trig) - June 3rd 2018, 12:14 PM

This was very thoughtful! I loved it. Thank you for sharing

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

Closed Thread