TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

Gonna lose another job depressed - July 12th 2018, 07:24 PM

I worked in a phone shop this year from January I lost my job because I wasn't good enough I got another one working for another company 2 weeks after I got sacked from the other phone shop. Funny thing is the guy who sacked me form my old phone shop is the manager at my new phone shop guess he moved jobs.

I also had a lot of trouble at the supermarket I was working at I got fired a few times but because my brother is the best manager there is he got me my job back. So really I have been sacked 3 times this year if I lose my job again which I am all most certain to do so.
I do have a disability but this really gets me upset I have had a lot of bad luck with jobs recently it's not fair I get so upset I just want to work like everyone else my disability isn't even that bad it's only moderate you wouldn't know I have a disability it's not my fault I am not smart I just want to have a normal life I am not asking for much.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
AmyRose Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Amy

Re: Gonna lose another job depressed - July 14th 2018, 04:32 PM

My fiance had the same problem as you for a couple of years. He was working in factories and kept making mistakes that got him fired a lot and he moved from factory to factory and he was really depressed and down on himself all the time. Then he decided to do an apprenticeship to be a truck mechanic and he loves his job. He has a minor learning disability as well and at first he struggled and got fired from a couple shops in the first year but he kept trying and slowly improved, now he is a licensed mechanic and has been at the same job for almost 2 years. So I guess what I am trying to say is if you keep trying and don't give up then you will improve and it will eventually work out. Also if your making a lot of the same mistakes and feeling depressed you might be in the wrong career and should possibly try out a few different jobs. Everyone has something they are good at. Are you good at driving? My fiance's brother also had the same trouble in his first few years of working but he found that he is good at driving so he got a job as a cab driver and also works part time as a pizza delivery driver and he enjoys it, so maybe that's an option? I don't know what sort of disability you have but I know that a lot of people who have a hard time learning and remembering things prefer easy and repetetive jobs. Try to stay positive because it will get better if you keep trying, good luck!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Gonna lose another job depressed - July 15th 2018, 04:36 PM

I struggle to remember things that's the worst part about my disability that's the worst part of it I struggle to take in information working a phone shop you have to think about to sell things prices change systems change etc it's stressful but I do try my hardest I worked in a supermarket but lost my job. I can't drive I am good with phones and stuff I need to be in an environment where I don't have to remember to much and I can learn at my own speed I don't get enough time to learn at these jobs they sack you quickly if you don't show signs of improvement quickly.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Lindiana Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Gonna lose another job depressed - July 17th 2018, 06:27 AM

Be sincere and do your work. Nobody will fire you. Never get depressed if you lose your job. Sometimes that can be an opening to another high post. So be positive.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Gonna lose another job depressed - July 18th 2018, 02:48 AM

You will live a normal life. It's just that normal life itself.. is filled with hardships. I'm going through some horrible ones myself.. and there's no end to them. But, if you persevere through them , you'll find that the tough moments will lead to hope and salvation.

Stay strong. You can do this.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

Closed Thread