TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Thinking Offline
Think, and solve problems!!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ivan

I don't belong anywhere - February 26th 2019, 08:50 PM

I don't belong to anywhere.

No matter where I go no one cares about me. I am not good enough.

I can't make friends and I am left behind. I don't know what I can do to make friends. Am I so despicable that no one want to make friends with me?

Or is it because I am not making enough effort? Or am I putting people off? I don't know and I am bad at reading hints I know. But one thing for sure I had always been genuine and want to make friends. Am I so uninteresting?

Then for any people I talk to I had to always put in lots of effort to talk to them but I don't see any results of getting better. And when I left out for a while I became the uninterested one and I am left out again. Even for Teenhelp, I am know I am away for a year or so, but now I find it hard talk to people here anymore. It is my fault but I don't know what to do anymore...

I had always been alone anyway.

Do my best at everything I can to live a happy, perfect life.

Happy life won't come by being happy everyday. Struggle and always work hard.

Forgive other's imperfection, they will work hard about it once I point it out to them, just like what I should be doing.

On the other hand, never tolerate with my own mediocrity. Never slack and always strive improvement.

Never settle. Never give up.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Thinking 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ikigai Offline
la razón de vivir en japonés
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sue

Re: I don't belong anywhere - February 28th 2019, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking View Post
I don't belong to anywhere.

No matter where I go no one cares about me. I am not good enough.

I can't make friends and I am left behind. I don't know what I can do to make friends. Am I so despicable that no one want to make friends with me?

Or is it because I am not making enough effort? Or am I putting people off? I don't know and I am bad at reading hints I know. But one thing for sure I had always been genuine and want to make friends. Am I so uninteresting?

Then for any people I talk to I had to always put in lots of effort to talk to them but I don't see any results of getting better. And when I left out for a while I became the uninterested one and I am left out again. Even for Teenhelp, I am know I am away for a year or so, but now I find it hard talk to people here anymore. It is my fault but I don't know what to do anymore...

I had always been alone anyway.

Hey Ivan,
I really believe I understand what you mean, because I'm struggling with the same problem. I know what it's like. I've learnt to live by myself - I've always been kind of an introvert anyways - but it's sometimes really difficult. More often than not I feel lonely and I wish I had someone to talk to.

I've also thought of why it is this way and I came to a conclusion that the structure of today's world might be to blame. It has to do with the development of communication means and technology and the pace of life that's now faster than ever. The relationships between people have become shallow; rarely do we open up to people we know, let alone strangers. This way it's extremely hard to find a true friend - how could you get to know each other, after all?

I know it might sound pessimistic. However, I believe there are many bright sides of life and the best way to survive - and actually enjoy it - is to seek them out.

In my opinion the first step to get to know a person you'd get on well with is to find common ground. Common interests work best - it's the thing you may start a conversation with. And what's more amazing than sharing the same passion with a friend?
I know you've got certain interests. How about you tried to find people similar to you? Maybe some forums, websites, (chess? ) clubs? You're keen on music, so what about some concerts? From my experience, there are always some people hanging around alone on gigs, so that's a great way to meet new acquaintances.
When it comes to uni, maybe people there are just not right for you. I'm completely sure you'll find some good friends - just maybe somewhere else
I hope you get better soon.
Have a wonderful day,
xx Sue

Nada es verdad, todo está permitido

Closed Thread