TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lvpeyton Offline
stronger than yesterday
Average Joe

Signs of Depression . . - May 31st 2009, 04:10 PM

lately i have been feeling really strange. it is like i am withdrawn from a lot of people. i also don't feel like doing anything that i used to do. part of the reason is because of the people in my life. i just seem to have these "friends" that could very well be my enemies. everyday it feels like another person is just letting me down and it is kind of crushing my spirits. it is like being inside this circle with all these people surrounding you, and everyday you wake up, less people are there. people who i believe are my friends are talking about me or using me, and i am just not happy anymore. i feel so stupid you know? like when someone is confiding in me, and i do not tell any of their secrets, then later they just go make up some ridiculous rumor . . it makes me want to just tell their secrets to hurt them, but then again i don't want to stoop their level. ughh and it seems like everyone here needs to get drunk or do some drugs to have a good time . . doesn't anyone ever want to go see a movie? or play some sports? i am getting tied up in drinking and it is just not me. i have been cutting myself for 7 years now . . and honestly, i have been doing it more often. and last week i was sick, lying in my house alone because my parents were away, and for an 8th of a second, i found myself thinking, it wouldn't be so bad if i just, well you know.
i just want to know if anyone knows what i can do? or what i should do, please?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SaraCroft Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sara

Re: Signs of Depression . . - June 1st 2009, 12:33 AM

I, myself, can't really tell you anything that you probably haven't heard before.

This is what I think you should do:

First I think you should try to find someone who you can talk to face to face. If you don't feel comfortable talking to your parent's... is there any other adults you trust? A family friend, an aunt/uncle, a cousin, a counselor?

It seems to me like you are surrounding yourself with people that do not have your best interest in mind. I know it's hard to accept the fault's in your friends sometimes but you need to think about yourself more instead of letting these people confide in you and in return, back stabbing you. I can tell your better than that. I know it's hard sometimes when you feel like you have no friends but you have to stay positive or optimistic about things. That being said, don't close yourself off emotionally to people.

You are absolutely right thinking alcohol and drugs are a bad thing for you. You don't want an addiction to become a clutch to escape from the real world. One important thing is that you need to ground yourself, thinking negatively will just make you feel worse. Putting yourself in negative situations will make you feel worse.

And about friends. Quantity doesn't matter, quality is the key. Even if you can find just one person, open up to them and that relationship can be better than having 50 friends.

And most of all... you have to love yourself first, for other's to love you.

If you ever need someone to talk to you can always message me. I hope I helped you out and I hope things get better for you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
lvpeyton Offline
stronger than yesterday
Average Joe

Re: Signs of Depression . . - June 1st 2009, 02:16 AM

thanks. that was a really good reply

Closed Thread