TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

Unhappy I don't know if she's my friend anymore - September 20th 2020, 07:43 PM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]hey, i really need some honest advice. i've been bestfriends with a girl for the past 3 years. we're really close and all but i feel like letting go. for context, i love bts and kpop and she hates it (prefers rap ). recently she posted an instagram story asking for song suggestions. i recommended a bts song with juice wrld that i thought she would like, i didnt mean any harm. but she responded to me saying that i have to stop sending her my type of music becsuse she doesnt like it and it bothers her. i felt quite hurt. i respect her musical opinion ofc, i'm not forcing her to listen to anything, i just wanted to give a suggestion. i confronted her about ir because her saying that it bothers her made me sad. i told her that i didnt mean to "bother" her and that i've always supported her likes and always tried to know about them for the sake of being friends. she does the opposite, she mocks the stuff that i like and i don't feel confortable talking about my inerests with her. there's also more stuff that she has said/done that i didnt like but i kept quiet about it to support her. she left me on read for 3 days and told me that she wants to talk about it tomorrow at school. i don't know if we should continue being friends or if i'm just overreacting i could really use some opinions from another point of view, i would literally marry anyone who helps me out <33[/size][/color][/font]
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: I don't know if she's my friend anymore - September 21st 2020, 12:52 AM

Someone who mocks you for your interests is not a friend. Yeah, sometimes friends tease each other, I'll give you that, but this sounds like she is downright putting you down. This is wrong. You should not feel uncomfortable talking about your interests. Healthy relationships flow naturally, where both people contribute and both people get something out of it. It sounds like this friendship is very one-sided. You can try and talk to her about your feelings if you want, but honestly if it were me I'd let her go, and find friends who do care about you and the things you are passionate about. I promise if you find friends who really care you'll notice it feels a lot better emotionally than trying to hang on to someone who doesn't really care about you.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,284, Level: 42 Points: 88,284, Level: 42 Points: 88,284, Level: 42

Re: I don't know if she's my friend anymore - September 22nd 2020, 02:21 AM

Hello there,

If you don't feel comfortable talking about your interests, it seems like she isn't a good friend. The best thing to do is to talk to her about how you feel and if she doesn't seem to understand or care about what you are saying, there are other people out there that share the same interest as you and would love to be talking to you about what you are passionate about. If you ever need to talk, please let me know.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Allyson Wood Offline
Average Joe

Points: 5,350, Level: 10 Points: 5,350, Level: 10 Points: 5,350, Level: 10

Re: I don't know if she's my friend anymore - September 23rd 2020, 06:32 AM

Best friends never have the same nature, they just have best understanding of their differences.
Closed Thread