TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AlexsShadow Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alex

My parents hate me - June 8th 2009, 03:36 PM

I wish my parents would stop acting like everything that happened to me was my fault and ive tried to kill myself before but i stoped. Now im thinking of doing it again cause of whats happened to me in the past few years. So i think i need some help but dont no what to do anymore.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: My parents hate me - June 8th 2009, 04:52 PM

Hey Alex,

It is great that you recognise that you need some help. I don't know what has happened to you in the last few years but it must have been something really hard for you to be thinking about killing yourself again. Perhaps it would help to talk about it. Talking can help you to get everything out and sometimes see things from a different perspective. Is there anyone you could talk to Alex? Having someone to talk to can be a huge weight off you and often a problem shared is a problem halved. You can get through this so don't give up. It will get easier in time. Stay strong :-)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
live.laugh.love
Regular TeenHelper

Name: cassieee.

Re: My parents hate me - June 8th 2009, 08:00 PM

Hey,

It's good that you want help. Suicide is NEVER the answer. Like said above, we don't know what happened to you in the last few years but it must be something that hurts you a lot if it makes you want to kill yourself. Talking is very helpful, it helps get things off your chest and you feel a lot better after you talk it through. Do you have anybody that you could talk to? Friend, family member, somebody at school; teacher, school counselor, anybody?! If you do, I would suggest telling them about these feelings! You can do this and if you ever want to talk, PM me. <3

when life is in discord; praise ye the Lord

keep your faith alive.
we're not alone <3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
kimvia Offline
is asleep
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kim

Re: My parents hate me - June 8th 2009, 08:45 PM

I used to tell people that thought their parents hated them that that is impossible, and that all parents loved their children, as I've grown up, I've found that in an extreamly small number of parents really don't love their kids, but you have to understand something- for a parent to not love their child, the parent has to be seriously messed up mentally and/or emotionally. While I think that almost definatly you're parents do love you very very much, if they don't, it's NOT YOUR FAULT. It is their fault and their loss.

Now, you say they act like the suicide attempt is all your fault...
first of all, its not you're fault- not one bit! feeling depressed and trying to commit suicide is never your fault. not ever! its a combination of environmental stuff, and chemical issues inside you.
Second of all, I bet the reason that they blame you for the attempt is because they either don't understand or they are afriad that it is their own fault, but they can't cope with that possibility, so they reject it, and just blame you because it's easier.
I know that still sucks, but maybe having an idea of why they're acting this way will help...
pm me any time hun, ok?

PM me any time, ok? I'm always here to help.

What's the second amendment for?
Just in case the government takes away the first.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
unlovedfrankie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jessica Medina

Re: My parents hate me - June 9th 2009, 12:17 AM

Please don't kill yourself! Having a life without parents really isn't all that bad. I don't have any either. (I know you are saying you have them, they just dont like you) but you can just live without them! There has to be someone you know that cares about you A LOT, and if you cant think of any, I'm one. :]

Closed Thread