TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Gone! Offline
Not a n00b

I hate what my mom's doing. - June 10th 2009, 10:36 PM

My mom is bound to make my life a living hell for the next 2 years of my life. Bottom line is, she won't let me go to a new school next year, and my current school sucks and I'm already having nightmares about going back in September. Last summer, I thought for sure she'd let me transfer, but she never did.

I asked my dad for help, and he said, 'we'll see.' Basically, that means he's trying to avoid helping me and expects me to just 'get over it.'

I told my mom how I feel, and she said 'two more years won't kill you, and besides, I already bought the books for next year.' She doesn't understand that bullying can really kill a person- not physically, in my case, but mentally and spiritually. I feel like I'm already dead, and that this is all just some punishment I don't deserve.

I try to push everyone in my life away; what's the use? No one wants to socialize or even be around a person who's not popular. I know school's out, and status shouldn't matter, but it does to me, all too much...
I just wish I could impress people.

Me, I try to reach out to anyone and everyone, but nobody I know needs help. It's just me.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Re: I hate what my mom's doing. - June 10th 2009, 10:58 PM

If you can't change their minds... Then endure. And when you get older, you can look them in the eyes and tell them. "I regret that you never transferred me to a new school. And I'm letting you know, I'll never forget it." I always told my mom I would move out when I turned 18, and the night of my birthday I took off. There was a look in her eyes that just told me, "Oh God, she really is leaving."

You just have to deal. You can do it. Make some new friends. If you have to, make friends with some of the bigger people. Get protection.

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Gone! Offline
Not a n00b

Re: I hate what my mom's doing. - June 10th 2009, 11:40 PM

If I have to endure it again, I'll probably end up being mentally insane. I can't go on like this. I need to make friends with people who will really care about me.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
punk rocker with attitude
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jennifer

Re: I hate what my mom's doing. - June 11th 2009, 12:18 AM

Aww, you poor thing. Your parents don't sound that understanding. Maybe having somebody else talk to them about it.

You can't live a positive life with a negative mind and if you have a positive outcome you have a positive income and just to have more positivity and just to kind of laugh it off. ~ Miley Cyrus

Send a message via MSN to Pessimistic Panda Send a message via Yahoo to Pessimistic Panda  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Gone! Offline
Not a n00b

Re: I hate what my mom's doing. - June 11th 2009, 12:44 AM

Thanks. I need some sympathy, because I can't get it from friends- they're demanding- and my parents, well, they don't seem to notice me enough.

I've decided that I'll tell my aunt, and she'll tell my dad, who might convince my mom. Because my mom is the most obnoxious person I know.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
ARootlessTree Offline
ಠ_ಠ
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Toz

Re: I hate what my mom's doing. - June 12th 2009, 02:38 AM

How are friends demanding? I find that, when it comes to friends, you get as much as you give. With good friends, anyways.

If you have a bully problem talk to your guidance counselor. I promise, they'll be able to help.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: I hate what my mom's doing. - June 12th 2009, 02:55 AM

I am so very sorry that you are struggling so much with this. Sometimes school really sucks and it makes everything else seem so much more impossible. Talking to your aunt seems like a good idea, if you think she will listen and help.

What exactly is your problem at school? Why do the kids tease and bully you? As much as moving to a different school might sound like the best solution in all reality bullying occurs at all schools. I was bullied and I moved to a different school and was bullied. Sometimes endurance is the only thing that helps. Endure and when you get out don't ever look back.

Talking to your guidance counselor might be a good idea because they are supposed to put an end to bullying and help kids who are going through it. You know, give them someone to talk to and what not.

I hope everything works out and if you need someone to talk to feel free to pm or aim me.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
PSY Online
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: I hate what my mom's doing. - June 12th 2009, 04:40 AM

I, too, am curious to know what exactly is making life at school so difficult with you.

Also, how large is your school? 30 students, 300 students, or 3000 students?

It really doesn't seem like your parents understand what you're going through. Since your mother's main concern seems to be money, you could offer to pay her back for the textbooks she bought, anything to get her to let you transfer. Even if you don't have the allowance/savings for it, showing just how desperate you are to get out of this situation could get through to your mother.

If all else fails, I'd go along with what HolyValor said. If you can't get out of the situation, no matter what, don't give up. Endure. Someday, your parents will see that this wasn't a mere "teenage phase", and that your plight was genuine. They'll regret it when you move out, or move on with your life and minimalize/cease contact with them. I, too, got out of my mom's house as soon as I turned 18. The look on her face was... empowering? She thought she could control me, and that I wouldn't have it within me to follow through with my promise to do what I did. Now, she is slowly rekindling her relationship with me, as she is very much aware that I could go through life without her, and hardly be the worse for it.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Samantha

Re: I hate what my mom's doing. - June 12th 2009, 04:48 AM

Heyy
im sorry you are struggling so much with this.
Your parents and friends are not very understanding (i understand having friends and family like that) it can be really rough.
I hope you can endure it
If you ever want/need someone to talk to even if it is just to rant or to get some sympathy please feel free to PM me.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
cutie_stef Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Stefani Lima

Re: I hate what my mom's doing. - June 13th 2009, 01:39 AM

Make friends over the summer! : )

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Gone! Offline
Not a n00b

Re: I hate what my mom's doing. - June 13th 2009, 09:15 PM

Thanks, guys.

Maybe later this week, I'll talk to my aunt.

Also, since ya'll want to know, I go to an all girl school. I was bullied since freshman year for making friends with this one girl, then her friends got jealous and bullied me online under multiple screenames. Everytime I blocked them, they'd make more, and more, and more...

I was also very quiet and sympathetic, and still am. The kids bullied me there for that, and since I wasn't girly or rich like they were...

(#12 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: I hate what my mom's doing. - June 14th 2009, 02:07 AM

Wow that sounds awful. Have you ever considered that the reason your mom doesn't want you to transfer is because she thinks the school will give you oppurtunities that other schools couldn't provide for you? It definitely does not excuse it but that could explain it.

Did you show your mom what the girls were writing about you? Maybe she really does not grasp the severity of it? Also, maybe you could suggest that she read the book odd girl out, it might explain some things to her.

Idk. I hope talking to your aunt helps. And please don't let these stupid girls tear you down and lead you to do something so severe. They are not worth it.

PM or AIM me if you want!

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread