TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Oddoneout Offline
Average Joe

Name: Daniel

was it realy worth it - June 13th 2009, 02:50 AM

I have had alot of problems in the past even a suicide attempt, this year for the first time in my life I have been sorta happy but now I am wondering if it realy was worth all the effort getting here. all I have realy gain is a buch of "freinds" who don't care at all, 2 close freinds, and a crush on one of those freinds that is driving me insainer

yes I talked to her about it, she already has a boyfreind so it was mearly an effort to get it out. they say talking about something helps but only temporaraly. I still can't stop thinking about her and this is still driving me crazyer

everyone seems to find me slightly annoying at best

and before anyone asks "why are you hanging out with them?" it is because I have nothing else to do

I don't know why I even bother anymore I am never going to have a normal life I am probibly gonna be like this my entier life even if I do make it out of highschool alive I won't be able to function

wanna talk?

AIM: oddoneout667
MSN: dancl667@hotmail.com

with or without religion a good person will do good and an evil one will do evil
  Send a message via AIM to Oddoneout Send a message via MSN to Oddoneout  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Katrina Offline
you only live once.
I can't get enough

Name: Katrina

Re: was it realy worth it - June 13th 2009, 03:50 AM

Hey Daniel. (:

I really did smile as I read your first little paragraph thing. Is that weird? Probably so. Am I telling you anyway? Absolutely. You're...there. You're to a point where you're actually asking yourself if it was worth it to get "there" and I think that's completely amazing. I know this is going to sound cliche like nobody's business, but I really do think it's an uphill journey from here. Perhaps, since you've been feeling so low for so long now, now this happy is just neutral, but there is more happiness in your future. [: I'm so glad you've made friends, and I know you'll follow your heart and make the best decisions for yourself about the crush.

I actually wasn't even considering asking why you hang out with them. o_O They're your friends? I'd be more likely to ask why you weren't
hanging out with them if they were friends of yours, you know? I think it was brave of you to talk to your crush, and I think it's even more brave of you to restrain yourself and make yourself realize that she's off limits while she has a boyfriend.

Are you a senior? You're so close. Please stick it out. I haven't been to college yet, but I will be attending at the end of August, and I'm so excited to see what this new chapter holds. If not, you're probably about to be a senior. That's a YEAR at the most. You can do this. Please hang in there.

Send a message via MSN to Katrina  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Oddoneout Offline
Average Joe

Name: Daniel

Re: was it realy worth it - June 13th 2009, 04:15 AM

great I have acheaved netral happyness and it only took me my whole life so far to do it

yeah I am a senior but I am taking a 5th year of high school and it is good because collage terrifys me I have heard alot about what it is supost to be like I have no idea what to expect and I am barly able to function normaly now idk what I'll do on my own

wanna talk?

AIM: oddoneout667
MSN: dancl667@hotmail.com

with or without religion a good person will do good and an evil one will do evil
  Send a message via AIM to Oddoneout Send a message via MSN to Oddoneout  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: was it realy worth it - June 16th 2009, 05:45 AM

Hi Daniel,

the future and unexpectedness are always scary. And hey, you should be proud of any level of happiness you've achieved so far. Because working towards happiness gets easier as you go along, so things should pick up eventually. Hang in there.

In terms of college, take a deep breath - you're not completely thrust out on your own at the beginning. I have a lot of older cousins, and they still ask their parents for help or guidance or whatever, but they're still perfectly functioning individuals. They're just making sure they have the support they need to get on their own two feet at a pace that's right for them. You get to do that, too.

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

Closed Thread