TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
rem Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: phoenix

everything seems to go wrong! - June 13th 2009, 06:44 PM

Hey guys!! basically a lot seems to go wrong..i was so so happy bout 2 months ago..nd now,i've screwed up my exams,i can forget bout getting into my dream colleges,my relationship with the guy i like is falling apart..everythin is so crazy!!its like i've lost my childhood or somethin..constantly depressed!!any suggestions??

(#2 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

Re: everything seems to go wrong! - June 13th 2009, 07:13 PM

Hey love, i'm sorry to hear things are going a bit crap for you. It sounds like you're just going through a rough time at the moment. You probably haven't screwed up your exams as much as you think you have ~ ok, I know i wasn't there and don't know anything about it, but it's a general feeling after exams when you're left waiting for results..it's just easy to be pessimistic!! I know how you feel about it~ I did my end-of-school-ever exams recently and had been hoping for an A in biology..but it went so badly I'll be happy if I just haven't failed!! As for your relationship, I'm sorry to hear about that. How do you know things are going badly? Sometimes when one or two things aren't going right it feels like EVERYTHING is just fucking up, left right and centre but it might not be really.
Sorry I couldn't really be more help, but you have all my sympathies darlin'. Trust me, you may be feeling a bit shite right now, but things will probably pick up ~ in two months from now you may be feeling great!! Just hang in there, you'll be ok
xxxxx

(#3 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: everything seems to go wrong! - June 13th 2009, 07:15 PM

Hey Rem,

Firstly, welcome to Teenhelp! I am glad you joined us and I hope you are able to get the help and support you need. If you ever need anything then you are more than welcome to PM me. You never have to be alone!

You say you were really happy a few months ago, which suggests to me that you can be happy again! Exams are not everything and if you haven't done that well in them you can always re-sit them or follow a different route. I know exams can feel like everything at times but honestly they are not. You never know you might have done better than you think and are able to get into your college you want to go to.

With the relationship can you not talk to this guy and try to sort something out? That way once you have sorted that out you might be able to begin to feel a bit more positive.

Stay strong :-)

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: everything seems to go wrong! - June 14th 2009, 02:20 AM

Hey Rem,

Sorry to hear that things are going so badly right now. How bad could your exams have been? I mean did it really end your chances of getting into your dream college or are you just thinking the worst? The only reason I am asking that is because when I was in high school I used to do that. I used to think that getting a B on an exam meant that I wasn't going to get into my dream college. It doesn't always mean that.

As for the guy, maybe you could talk to him and explain the things that are going on with you and try working out the relationship.

You do not have to give up just because things are going badly right now. Stay strong and if you need someone to talk to feel free to pm or aim me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#5 (permalink)) Old
rem Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: everything seems to go wrong! - June 14th 2009, 06:41 AM

hey guys..thank u so so much for ur replies.!well fact is my situation is a bit bad..my results got out nd i havent scored high enough to get the coll i want..nd bout the guy,he's changed quite a lot(maybe it has sumthin to do wit my marks coz he's such a brain) i tried talkin to him but he says he doesnt know whats changed nd refuses to talk bout it... so i'm stuck in this mess..all depressed,hoping to get out of it soon..or i wont be able to take it anymore.being depressed is the worst thing ever!!i really hate whats happening to me

(#6 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: everything seems to go wrong! - June 14th 2009, 01:20 PM

Hey again Rem,

You are welcome. I hope I helped a little bit.

It does seem like you are in a rather difficult situation at the moment. I know you must feel like you have let yourself down right now by not getting into the college you want. Have you got a place at any other colleges? If so you could maybe go and have a look around these and see what you think of them. They might not be as bad as you think. I can understand though that you would want your first choice because that is what anyone would want.

You are blaming everything on your marks! He would be a bit shallow to judge you on the fact you didn't get as gooder marks as you hoped. There could be all sorts of reasons why things have changed between both of you. Perhaps just give him time then things might blow over and you might start getting on better.

You can get out of all of this so don't give up.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: everything seems to go wrong! - June 14th 2009, 11:31 PM

Hey Rem,

It does sound like you are in a very stressful situation. Yikes!

I am sorry that your exam score was so low. I know that must suck. Like Jen said: is there another college you could get into? I know it might not be as good as your first pick but getting into college is the most important thing right? I really do know how disappointing it can be, the same thing happened to me, but in the end life goes on and the horrible feeling(Disappointment?) goes away.

As for the guy, like Jen said: wouldn't that make him kind of shallow? And, if that is the case do you really want to be with someone who is so shallow? Also, maybe taking a step back and giving one another some space is the best thing to do. When you are feeling a little better and he seems a little better you could try talking to him again. Maybe he is just really stressed out and it is making him act this way, stress has a lot of different effects on people.

I hope this helped and if you need someone to talk to feel free to pm or aim me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#8 (permalink)) Old
rem Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: everything seems to go wrong! - June 15th 2009, 03:45 PM

heyy guys!! yeah all of u did helpn there are other colleges i can get into..though not what i want but i have no choice...nd bout the guy,i've tried getting things right..but since he's not really trying,i'm just gonna give up...i don even wanna think bout losing him..but if things don work out,i will have to..nd that gets me even more depressed!!well,feeling terribly lonely right now..for a long time actually..but nothin else i can do but wait until things get better..right??really glad to share all this stuff i'm going through..atleast i'm not allll alone!!

Closed Thread