TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
anonymous326 Offline
Bookworm 8-|
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nora

I don't know what is the suitable title for this, just click it. - June 13th 2009, 08:47 PM

Um, I don't know how to express this but I've been depressed lately... I don't know what caused this depression though, it just hits me. All of a sudden, I find myself crying for absolutely no reason. I'll even cry harder when I find a reason

I failed Algebra and I need to re-do the exam on June 22, which is a big pressure on me right now... I'm really scared if I'll fail it. I can't fail it. If I do, then I'll have to repeat 10th grade again I can't disappoint my parents again. I've been a big pain in the family ever since this year started, I can't let them down now...

So anyway, I was really happy today to the point where my brother wanted to stick a tape on my mouth just to stop me from laughing out loud. But right after I opened my Algebra book and started studying, I just felt so down.. I tried calling my boyfriend, thinking it'll be a relief having someone to talk to but then I couldn't even talk to him! We were practically on the phone for 5 minutes saying nothing and then I went to the bathroom and started crying for no reason. I don't know why I burst out crying and then the thought hit me, if I ever was a good girlfriend to him. I started crying even more. I don't know if you guys understand my post... I just needed to get this all out of my system. If there is any way to treat depression or something, please let me know.

& wish me luck on June 22... I think it'll push my feelings up knowing some people do believe in me. Please pray that I'll pass the exam!

Thanks so much for reading

``` I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when Im awake, you know? Ernest Hemingway.
  Send a message via MSN to anonymous326  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: I don't know what is the suitable title for this, just click it. - June 14th 2009, 02:14 AM

First off, good luck on your exam, I am sure you will do good on it. Why would you have to repeat the 10th grade again though? Could they give you an extra period so you could retake you math class?

Why do you say you have been a pain to your parents ever since this year began? Also, I am sure you are a good gf to your bf, why else would he stick with you and love you and all that fun stuff?

Sometimes stress can cause depression and obviously you are stressed over your math test. As for being depressed for no reason, that happens to a lot of people and there can be a lot of reasons for it; one reason could be that all your emotions and stressful situations have built up and led to this depression.

One of the best things for overcoming depression is finding someone to talk to. Your bf or friend or a therapist. A therapist might be a good idea because they can give you some tools to deal with the depression that is hitting you.

Hope this helped and if you need someone to talk to feel free to pm or aim me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Take501 Offline
Pain & Lost soul
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Dian

Re: I don't know what is the suitable title for this, just click it. - June 14th 2009, 09:07 AM

Goooood luck,hope u pass becuase iam failing this year
  Send a message via MSN to Take501  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
anonymous326 Offline
Bookworm 8-|
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nora

Re: I don't know what is the suitable title for this, just click it. - June 14th 2009, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulDisaster1819 View Post
First off, good luck on your exam, I am sure you will do good on it. Why would you have to repeat the 10th grade again though? Could they give you an extra period so you could retake you math class?

Why do you say you have been a pain to your parents ever since this year began? Also, I am sure you are a good gf to your bf, why else would he stick with you and love you and all that fun stuff?
Thank you for the good luck Well, that's how the school goes. If you fail the final exam on Algebra then you'll have to either attend summer school for two weeks or just re-do the exam on June 22. If you fail the exam again, then you have repeat 10th grade.

I've disappointed them so many times. My grade this year haven't been the same as last night, I started failing even more subjects and I keep doing what they don't want me to do. They made it clear that they don't want me to have a boyfriend because it'll affect my studies, but I had one. Also, I had a piercing which I did behind their back and eventually, they found out and got mad. Some other stuffs too, I just don't wanna go through it again. Thanks for reading and replying though

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcotikid View Post
Goooood luck,hope u pass becuase iam failing this year
Um, thank you But are you sure you're failing this year? There might still be hope...

``` I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when Im awake, you know? Ernest Hemingway.

Last edited by anonymous326; June 14th 2009 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Multiple posts have been merged automatically.
  Send a message via MSN to anonymous326  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Rudnet Offline
~Junoon~
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I don't know what is the suitable title for this, just click it. - June 14th 2009, 09:34 AM

Hey there. First of all, best of luck for your exams. I'm sure you'll do well this time. Keep studying.

How did you feel after writing all that? I'm sure you must have felt at least a little better. I know I would if I had to type that all out, because sharing always makes us feel better. So if your ever feeling depressed just stop thinking about the reasons and talk to someone, share your feelings and I'm sure that in no time you'll be feeling better.

Hope my advice helps. Take care.
  Send a message via Yahoo to Rudnet  
Closed Thread