TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Louise xxx Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Advice please.. - June 14th 2009, 08:07 PM

I'm always so upset.
I'm always thinking about suicide. It just sounds so easy and means I wont worry anymore. It's not as if I'd ever be missed. People would be glad to see the back of me, I'm sure of that.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: Advice please.. - June 14th 2009, 10:41 PM

Hey Louise.

I am really sorry that you are feeling like this. Do you know what it is that is making you feel upset? It might help to talk it through because often a problem shared is a problem halved.

I bet you have touched many peoples lived and you might think you won't be missed but the reality is you will be. There is always someone that cares about you. You might think there isn't but let me tell you that there is.

Just remember that you don't have to go through any of this alone and there is always someone to listen here. I am always here if you ever need anything Louise so you are more than welcome to PM me.

Stay strong and don't give up because you're worth it :-)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Advice please.. - June 14th 2009, 10:51 PM

Hey,

It sounds like you are going through an extremely rough time and I am very sorry about that.

Please do not look to suicide as the answers to your problems because it isn't. It may seem like it is the easiest and best answer you can come up with but it isn't. The thoughts of suicide is your sadness speaking and you can't let that sadness win. If you commit suicide you will be ending a life that has so much more to offer and so much more living to do. I know it might not seem like it now but it really is the truth.

Right now you are suffering through a very hard time and a very strong sadness but eventually that could fade. But, if you take your life you won't be able to witness the change.

Sometimes when I get really really depressed I think of a time when I felt happier. Once I get that time stuck in my head I begin telling myself 'you can and will feel that way again.' Maybe you could do the same thing?

Also, maybe you could talk to someone? A therapist, a friend, or a family member? Don't keep this all bottled up inside because it will only build up and get worse. Do you know why you have been feeling so down lately?

Don't tell yourself that no one would care if you were gone because I am sure that is not true. There is probably one person who would be very upset if you ended your life.

I hope this helped and if you need someone to talk to feel free to pm or aim me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
i_am_me_again Offline
I'm A Pyschotic Neurotic.
I can't get enough

Name: Jaymi

Re: Advice please.. - June 15th 2009, 08:06 PM

Hi Louise

Im sorry to hear how you are feeling, it must be very hard for you to cope at the moment. You know its ok to be upset - everyone gets upset at times, for reaons big & small. Whatever you are upset about can get better.

Im sorry to hear that you are feeling suicidal. You definatly need someone to talk to. People will miss you. I believe that you are special. You are strong for posting & I think that you can beat the suicidal phase, but you will need help.

Is there any teachers or counsellors you could talk to?

Things will get better, if you let them. & I know you can recover.

My inbox is always open for a chat

Keep safe

Jamie
xx

HelpLink Mentor & Forum Moderator

PM me!

Our lives are like music.
It hits its high and low notes,
But in the end,
It all turns into a perfect melody
  Send a message via MSN to i_am_me_again  
Closed Thread