TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Anonymous. Offline
I've been here a while

I'm sick of everything!!!! - June 16th 2009, 12:31 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

God!! I am sooooo sick of everything!! This is the worst summer I have had!! My family is driving me crazy. My dad keeps bugging me about religion when I talk to him on the phone. My mom and my grandma, who is visiting, are not listening to me. They never believe me, they always believe my younger sister who is always b*tchy. My sister in a big liar and she has a big mouth. No one cares. No one would care if I go. No one would care if I die. No one would care. I hate myself and everyone hates me. I don't know if I could make it through the summer.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
haleyad1 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm sick of everything!!!! - June 16th 2009, 01:51 AM

Sometimes summer is the hardest season to get through because you are left with your family for so long that just seeing them becomes a trigger. Maybe you should try to talk to a counselour about them. Although it might be a hard thing to do, a family therapy session can help you understand your family and viceversa.

In the meantime, realize people do care about you. Everyone on this website hopes you are okay. By posting on this forum, you prove that you aren't 100% sure you want to die. Somewhere deep down there is still hope that somebody can help you. PM me if you need someone to help you calm down/you just want to talk to someone.
<3 Haley

"This is your time to weep, This is your time to mourn, Not yet time to build up, Just a time to tear down old walls." -Between the Trees

"And I'll never second guess all the things that I have done. I've got too much to say, and too much to become." - Alex Gaskarth

Stop The Bleeding
Rescue Is Possible
Love Is The Movement
~To Write Love On Her Arms~
  Send a message via AIM to haleyad1  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Anonymous. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: I'm sick of everything!!!! - June 16th 2009, 01:54 AM

Why did I even post, no one understands...

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Pour the Teapot Offline
Train whistles and cicadas
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Chloe

Re: I'm sick of everything!!!! - June 16th 2009, 02:35 AM

just shut up. that's what i'm telling you. you can't forget that someone always understands. and besides, you making that post and asking for help proves that you really don't want to die. as my favorite saying goes, 'once you hit rock bottom, the only way to go is up'. i've experienced this myself. things can only get better. so i'm telling you to shut up, stop complaining and fix your life. because you're the only one who can.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Don't give up, turn to JESUS!!
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: suniesha

Re: I'm sick of everything!!!! - June 16th 2009, 02:44 AM

I've noticed that summers are bad for most people. I know this hurt and you think that no one's there.. But people are, even some you may not even realize.. Please hold on!!

2nd cor. 5:13
GREAT HOPE COMES FROM FAITH IN GOD!!!!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Anonymous. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: I'm sick of everything!!!! - June 16th 2009, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbanTiger7 View Post
just shut up. that's what i'm telling you. you can't forget that someone always understands. and besides, you making that post and asking for help proves that you really don't want to die. as my favorite saying goes, 'once you hit rock bottom, the only way to go is up'. i've experienced this myself. things can only get better. so i'm telling you to shut up, stop complaining and fix your life. because you're the only one who can.
Trust me...I've tried and you are so not helping!!

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Pour the Teapot Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: I'm sick of everything!!!! - June 16th 2009, 03:39 AM

so try again! once you're knocked down, just get the hell back up and start over. it's never too late to begin again.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Hey Nikki! Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I'm sick of everything!!!! - June 16th 2009, 04:21 AM

NIKKI! Don't do it!
I know SuburbanTiger is being a little harsh. (No offense at all.)
If you left, I'd feel terrible.

1. If you don't want to hear about religion from your dad, avoid calling him. I wouldn't avoid picking up the phone, though, because that makes people worry about you, and they go ballistic when they get ahold of you again. Trust me on this one.

2. Avoid your younger sister completely. If I were you, I'd go for walks outside and stay away from her too. She can't accuse you of something if you're not there. Also, why not talk to your grandma alone, when she's away from your mom? Usually, grandparents sympathize with their grandkids when the 'common enemy' isn't there. In other words, your mom.

3. Are you going away to college? You mentioned this in a PM to me. Then, you won't have a curfew, and you'll be away from these maniacs for a good 9 months. Then, maybe you'll make friends with someone and you can go live at the beach or something.

My sister said that college is the REAL fun part of your life- all you need to deal with is studying and taking care of yourself. You can even take classes at night if you want! Think about that!!

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Anonymous. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: I'm sick of everything!!!! - June 16th 2009, 06:23 PM

Nikki, your post made me smile. My grandma is stubborn but she is a good person. My mom is great but my sister is still so mean. But, you are right. I guess I just needed some encouragement. I have major moodswings sometimes.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Readein Offline
Not a n00b

Wink Re: I'm sick of everything!!!! - June 16th 2009, 08:24 PM

Look I know a lot of people post on here just to bitch and not listen to anyone. I don't think you are here for that. Sometimes well almost always the harshest advice is the best. Tiger was just simply trying to get you to listen because being nice didn't seem to help. No one can stop you from feeling this but you so take the advice. Stop going a million miles an hour and relax and think about the good things in life.

While I am chronically depressed if I try I can still find the good throughout the bad. The best way to deal with your sister is to avoid her. The more you make it seem it's getting to you the more she will do it. All kids are like this one time or another and trust me I'm pretty sure my younger brother is worse than your sister. Once when he was eight he had my mom on the ground in tears threatening to commit suicide and you know what he did? He said I don't care and handed her a knife.

People will always have it worse than you so remember that. To get your dad off your back just agree with everything he says this will make your life much easier. Maybe attend church and tell him you will give it a try. Well I myself am atheist I find that some people just don't understand other peoples views because they can;t see through their stubborn wall of ignorance.

Now before I get flamed in a religion war I didn't mean religion was ignorant just how it makes some people stubborn. I don't like rap but I don't judge people for liking. While that is on a smaller scale I still think it makes sense.

Stop blocking people out. You came here for advice but you don't seem like you want to take any. Today I found out I can't go to the beach visit most of my friends or go to warped tour which means all summer I'm going to be alone with my asshole of a dad while everyone else goes to the beach. Everyone I know goes to the beach 1-5 times a summer and I haven't been to the beach since I can remember. Also my dad kicked me out for three weeks and to celebrate he took my family to a lake in the mountains and isn't afraid to brag about it.

In short chill out rethink everything and don't be afraid to take peoples advice.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Anonymous. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: I'm sick of everything!!!! - June 16th 2009, 08:49 PM

I don't think you understand. My life is not going a million miles per minute, it's like one mile per minute. My life is slow and that is why I am depressed and to top it off, my Grandma visits and basically bites my head off.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Pour the Teapot Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: I'm sick of everything!!!! - June 16th 2009, 10:18 PM

I know SuburbanTiger is being a little harsh. (No offense at all.)

yeah, i know i'm being a little harsh (sorry) but i think that when someone is thinking these thoughts, what they need is a good strong talking to. sorry if i sound mean when i do it though. i lost my dad to suicide, so i know how it feels. remember, if you leave we'll all really miss you! PM me anytime you want to.

Closed Thread