TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives    The Holiday Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sasha

Unhappy Scared - June 24th 2009, 10:45 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I'm scared... I've planned to kill myself, found a way and set a date.
I'm scared to fail or be found out before I get the chance.
I'm scared I'll be sent to a mental hospital that I know is horrible.
But I'm mostly scared of myself for even thinking these thoughts and being so calm about the thought of dying.

~Crying~Crimson~Blood~

R.I.P Melissa

(#2 (permalink)) Old
live.laugh.love
Regular TeenHelper

Name: cassieee.

Re: Scared - June 24th 2009, 10:56 PM

Hey,

Don't do what you have planned because life might be hard at the moment but life can be so great as well. Why do you want to kill yourself so much?

Why don't you try to talk to somebody; a family member or a friend? Somebody that could help you. Also, have you ever tried counselling? If not, I think you should really check into that because it helps, talking helps. You need to speak verablly the pain that you hold yourself and once you begin to do that, you feel better. Also, if it's because of a chemical imbalance you would be able to get help!

Please, reconsider your thoughts. What if you did fail like you said but you had to be the consequences. The consequences from a failed suicide attempt can be life changing! Do you really want to mess your whole life up because at this moment in time, you feel like dying? I don't think so. You're stronger than this, you have to believe that! You can fight this and you will beat it!

I'm here if you want to talk!
PM me <3

when life is in discord; praise ye the Lord

keep your faith alive.
we're not alone <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Scared - June 24th 2009, 11:12 PM

I don't want to live anymore, I hate life and everyone would be so much better off without me. I can't talk to my family, and I don't have any friends that care enough to listening to what I say. The friend I had that I could talk to is dead, I just want to be with her again. I've tried counseling, many times, it didn't work at all. I doubt I can get better, this have been going on for yearsm I don't remember last time I was truly happy. I'm a horrible person, I know. I don't deserve to live.

~Crying~Crimson~Blood~

R.I.P Melissa

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Rhop101 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Robert

Re: Scared - June 24th 2009, 11:17 PM

I know its hard, but you should tell a close friend or someone. Someone who once was one of my best friends almost commited suicide, but she told her bff and she told someone and my friend got help. Yes, she did have to go through therapy and other stuff to make her feel better, but if she had not told anyone and committed suicide I would feel really bad about myself and not being able to do anything about it and it probably would have hurt me a whole lot because I cared about her and I;m sure your friends care about you, but like I was oblivious your friends are to you need to tell someone and they will help you. I think my friend won't regret telling someone even if its annoying at times.

She's doing better now that she got help

Please don't kill yourself later in life you won't regret it ;D

I always open to chat.

My friend later told me she had been depressed for 3 years prior to getting help it takes time to get worse.

I know its hard, but you need to tell someone it can be anyone have you like gone to the hospital?
My friend was in the hospital for a week and a half and locked up for a couple of days so she wouldn't hurt herself.

Are you sure that your friends won't listen?
Have you tried telling them?
have you tried telling one individually?

Anyone who is on teenhelp is not a horrible person
If you give advice to people your being helpful I no it might not make you feel happy, but helping others means your not a horrible person

Last edited by Rhop101; June 24th 2009 at 11:26 PM.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Scared - June 24th 2009, 11:29 PM

I'm glad your friend got better robert. But I don't think I can. I've gone through therapy and it didn't work. I told two friends that I was feeling down, the first didn't say much and I haven't heard from since I told her, the other got angry and told me to stop messing it up all the time The only friend that did care enough killed herself eight months ago. I don't trust anyone else.

~Crying~Crimson~Blood~

R.I.P Melissa

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Brittany

Re: Scared - June 24th 2009, 11:31 PM

do you attend a church of some sort? I have found people in church are the most helpful.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Scared - June 24th 2009, 11:34 PM

No, I don't go to church, besides I don't like the priest we have here.

~Crying~Crimson~Blood~

R.I.P Melissa

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Brittany

Re: Scared - June 24th 2009, 11:37 PM

well, you could always try and speak to perhaps a youth leader at church. I am gathering that you are catholic. if you are you may want to see if there is a lifeteen organization at your church.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Scared - June 24th 2009, 11:44 PM

The youth leader in my church went to the same school as me and was one of them who used to bully me in school. and I don't think the church would help me get better. i am after all something that shouldn't have been born

~Crying~Crimson~Blood~

R.I.P Melissa

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Rhop101 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Robert

Re: Scared - June 24th 2009, 11:45 PM

That's horrible that your friend thinks its stupid your depressed cause its really not funny,
Even if one them was mean to you in the past it doesn't mean all the youth leaders are bad.

Some people that used to bully me I helped them out once when there car wouldn't start and they didn't bully me anymore.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
live.laugh.love
Regular TeenHelper

Name: cassieee.

Re: Scared - June 24th 2009, 11:46 PM

you will get better though.
i know it's hard and all but it doesn't mean that it'll always be hard.
people get better all the time; i never though i'd get better but i found things that helped me; i.e. support from friends, church, and sports all helped me.

whats something you enjoy doing, why not try doing that.
find things that you like and put your passion and energy into that instead of your negative feelings!

when life is in discord; praise ye the Lord

keep your faith alive.
we're not alone <3

(#12 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: Scared - June 25th 2009, 01:24 AM

Sasha, I'm sorry you're going through this kind of thing, and I know it's not easy. I can relate, and I know that it's tough to pull through situations and emotions like these ones. But not impossible. You are a strong person, Sasha, and you are an important person. I may not know you well at all, but I do know that everyone has a reason they are alive today, and everyone has someone in the world who would suffer without them, including you. There are people that care about you. I think your biggest problem is that you do not care enough about yourself. Why kill yourself, why hurt your own life that badly? Things may hurt right now, you may be facing issues that are tough, but none of them are worth your life. I can guarantee these feelings won't last forever - killing yourself will. Why not consider talking to your family about these things? Sure it's tough to speak up, especially to your family, but it's worth it if it can help you. Perhaps consider talking to a professional about what you are going through. There are solutions to your problems, there are better ways out than suicide. I believe in you :] You can PM me anytime, okay? *Hugs* Take care. x

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

Closed Thread