TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xanaxbby Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jennie :]

life or death. uhhhh. :'( - June 28th 2009, 01:18 AM

I haven't been on here in forever. I am soooooooooo upset tonight! I have just graduated from high school; && you know. I wasn't the happiest kid in high school but I loved being there because it got me away from my problems. Now, I am home 24/7. I miss my teachers like crazy ..&& my mom. well she basically wants me to grow up and move out.
My dad and my step mom; I don't live with them because. I just can't deal with the house hold. I have a brother who is 7 months younger than me.(were adopted.) He gets away with EVERYTHING. He has been bothering the crap out of me lately and last night my mom said "You know what Jenny..you have to learn how to ignore him; i said what if he hits me...welll theres probably a reason he hit you so ignore him"..UGHHHHHHHHHHHH today my aunt is here and it's her birthday so my mom went out with her for the day && I have been here with my brother. well she comes home and says well im leaving with your aunt to go to this concert...ill see you later. My brother is stilllllllllllllllll bugging the crap out of me. Im already stressed out about being out of high schoool...

I don't know if I can do this anymore
  Send a message via MSN to xanaxbby  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Nicolette Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Nicolette

Re: life or death. uhhhh. :'( - June 28th 2009, 01:23 AM

Graduating is really stressful, suddenly you're out on your own doing your own thing and you're expected to start your life wether it be move out or college or whatever. Take some time to yourself and destress, have a bath, go out with some friends and just try and relax. Its natural to feel stressed about this, lots of people do, its all part of the process and you're not alone

"When it comes down to it I let them think what they want, if they care enough to bother with what I do then I'm already better than them." Marilyn Monroe.
  Send a message via MSN to Nicolette Send a message via Yahoo to Nicolette  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
xanaxbby Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jennie :]

Re: life or death. uhhhh. :'( - June 28th 2009, 01:26 AM

I lost all of my friends because...well. a.) I moved and b.) I can't keep a best friend for the life of meeeee. Ya know?? last night i wrote a list of all the people who always said to me "Oh jenny ill always be here for you etc etc etc..or they acted like they were my friend and thannn out of the blue..they disappeared. I hate life....seriously.

anyone willing to talk to me on MSN... I need help being talked out of doing some really stupid stuffff ...ahhh. idkkk. i feel so stupid

my msn is: total_prep09@hotmail.com

ughhh. i hate tonight im sorry for coming on here. i just didnt know where to gooo.

Last edited by xanaxbby; June 28th 2009 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Multiple posts have been merged automatically.
  Send a message via MSN to xanaxbby  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: life or death. uhhhh. :'( - June 28th 2009, 04:24 PM

Hey there,

sorry about the late reply. So, I don't have MSN, but you can PM me anytime!

I understand what you mean about leaving school - come June I was sort of like "oh dear, summer's here..." But maybe view moving as a chance to make new friends? Or you could maybe get out of the house some by exploring what's around where you are. Or maybe try calling one of your old friends, being like "hey, haven't heard from you in a while, what's been up?"

You definitely don't need to apologize for coming on here. That's kind of why TH is here, to help people out. I first came to TH because I didn't know where else to go, either. Found out I really like it here

Hang in there.

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: life or death. uhhhh. :'( - June 29th 2009, 06:56 AM

Hey,

It sounds as if you are going through a tough time but you can get through this.

You know graduating from high school is a very big step in life. I graduated a year ago and at times I still feel like "what just happened?" But, it does get better.

Since it is summer and you have time to just THINK you should take a little time to do something for yourself. Get out of your house and go see a movie, read book, go to the library, etc. Not only do these activities prevent you from thinking about all the big questions and stressful things; they also allow you to pamper yourself and everyone deserves that.

Are you going to be going to college in the fall? If so maybe you could start counting down the days till college starts. I've been doing that all summer and its been working quite well. It gives me something to look forward to and say 'hey, it may be bad now but school is starting and things might just change then." Do you think you could try that?

You said that you moved, right? So do you think you could try to view moving as a way to meet new people? Maybe get involved in some type of community activity? If you are religious maybe you could get involved in some church activities? Or, you could do some volunteer work that might help you meet people and feel that you are helping people or your community out?

As for your brother do you think you could tell him how much he is getting on your nerves and how stressed out you are at the moment? I don't know it might not make a difference but given the fact that you are only seven months apart he might be more understanding because he too might be going through some of the same things too; or starting too depending on his grade level.

Also, have you talked to your mom about your fears and concerns? She too might be a little more understanding of your situation if she really knew what was going on. She might, at one point, have even felt simliar.

Hope things start getting better for you and if you ever need anyone to talk to feel free to pm me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread