TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Bill Mather
Average Joe

Name: Bill Mather

Depressed - June 28th 2009, 04:40 AM

I don't know if I am right about this, but I feel so depressed. For years now I have just felt alone. I have had girlfriends, but still I feel alone. I don't even know if I have friends anymore. I mean I know that there are people in my life that care about me, but I just feel so alone and it hurts me so much. I don't know what to do anymore. I feel like shit. I try to make things better for myself, but all that happens is it gets worse. I have tried to get help from people, but yet again that just leads me down a path that I don't want to be on. I was once an optimist, and always playing it cool, but now I view the glass as half empty. I always said and heard that life is like a rollercoaster, you have your ups and downs. When you get to the low part, the only way to go is up, but that is false. I have found trap door after trap door that just lead me to places that I don't want to be at. I don't know what to do anymore. Some advise please.

PS. Please don't say, "O I am sorry you feel this way". Please.

YOU WILL NEVER KNOW WHAT IS AROUND THE CORNER IF YOU NEVER GO AROUND THE CORNER
  Send a message via AIM to Music is my Life  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ivanna_B_Me Offline
Average Joe

Name: Mary

Re: Depressed - June 28th 2009, 04:49 AM

ummmm.... okay.. lets seeeeee..... how about i know how you feel???? that i too found that trap door.... and i have to admit for a while i didn't think i would ever find a way out... and i still manage to get there in less than a second... i can't help myself... any feeling can get me there...all i know is that i had to get out... and it wasn't the fact that i had troubled relationships with my bf.... or my bff's... it the relationship that i had with myself... i didn't like who i was... so i changed not for him... not for them... for me... cause i knew that the only one that will always be there for me and look out for me would be myself... so maybe you should try looking back in your life and think if there is one little incident or accident for that matter that could have triggered this feeling inside that won't go away...

(#3 (permalink)) Old
live.laugh.love
Regular TeenHelper

Name: cassieee.

Re: Depressed - June 28th 2009, 04:54 AM

Talking to people helps and I know that you said you have before and it led you down a road you didn't want to be on...what did you mean by that? I think communcations is one of the most helpful ways to overcome depression. Maybe you just haven't talked to the right people! Friends, family members, another trusted adult (i.e. coach, pastor, somebody from school/church/work/etc.)

Also, can you identify what makes you feel so lost and alone? Identifying the problem is one of the steps towards getting better. If you can't think of anything that would make you feel depressed. It could be possible that it's a chemical imbalance and in that case you would need to speak with a doctor. Is that possible?

I know sometimes it seems like we have fallen so far it's impossible to feel as if we are going to get better! But you will. Life really is like a rollercoaster; sometimes like a broken rollercoaster, you just reached the bottom and it got stuck. But don't fear it'll work again and you'll be happy again!

PM me if you would like to talk.

P.S. It was really hard for me not to say "oh, i'm sorry you feel this way," lol, but i managed (:

when life is in discord; praise ye the Lord

keep your faith alive.
we're not alone <3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Em... Offline
smile; it looks good on you.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: E

Re: Depressed - June 28th 2009, 05:01 AM

Hiya Bill,

Well I understand where you are coming from. Where we fall into the trap and feel as though we can't get out.

The key word here is ::feels:: as in a feeling. Life is a game of mentality. You need to try to see in good in life, instead of focusing on the bad things. We both know this is easier said than done, but soon you will see the ladder that let's you climb out of that trap door. You say you were once an optimist...why did this feeling digress? What happened to make you depressed?

It seems as though you are really struggling Bill, well obviously. Have you tried talking to a guidance counsellor, trust adult, teacher, or your parents about how you are feeling? Confront these people with how you are feeling. It might help if you do because they can provide you with the help and support needed to feel like you are in control again and that life is wonderful.

If you try to pinpoint what's really bothering you, these people can help you out even more. Staying away from these negative influences will help you see the good, and can help deter you from depression.

We all hit our low points like you said. You may not see that life it going to go up just yet, it just means you are on a long stretch of track, but believe me it will go up. You just have to believe in yourself Bill.

Keep looking up. You will find your way out soon. Take care of yourself Bill, and feel free to PM me anytime if you want to talk some more.

Closed Thread