TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Elz Offline
Average Joe

tonight is the night... - June 29th 2009, 08:18 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

i fucking cant take this shit any more

SCREAM SCREAM SCREAM!

i'v had it.
time has come.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Em... Offline
smile; it looks good on you.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: E

Re: tonight is the night... - June 29th 2009, 08:29 PM

Ellie,

please don't do this! You are worth so much. Life is precious.

Think about all the people you will effect. How will they feel. Think about all you are leaving behind if you go through with this. What if you don't succeed? What will happen then?

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Things will get better. We care about you here. You have family and friends that care about you.

Try a hotline. They can even help you. You really don't want to do this, you posted about it, so it must mean you want help.

What ever you are going through you don't have to go through it alone. Talk to someone. A counsellor, teacher, trusted adult. Go through all your resources before really deciding what you want to do.

Ellie, I don't think you really want to do this. That's not a challenge either, so don't look at it that way. I want you to live. Don't give in just yet. You have your whole life ahead of you.

Please take care of yourself Ellie and PM me if you want to talk more. Talking can help a lot to. Just get all those negative feelings out and start looking at the positive things in life. I know you can do this. Just hold on please.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Lil-x Offline
save me from my dark.
Average Joe

Re: tonight is the night... - June 29th 2009, 08:34 PM

You are obviously going through so much and I don't know if you have any help or not. But you dont want to do this. Take things one step at a time. Step back from these spur of the moment depressive thoughts. You have a lot of anger, think about the people who love you and care for you. Don't do this for their sake. You only 17, you have your whole life for things to look up and get the happiness you deserve in life. Think. xx

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Trickmatic Offline
-
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: tonight is the night... - June 29th 2009, 08:38 PM

Hey Ellie,

I'm glad that you did decide to post your feelings here.

You are still here.

I've read your other recent thread in Suicide and Depression. You are very strong to still be here and I know you have the strength to continue. Six months without self harm is a very good accomplishment. You've done it before, and there's no reason you can't do it again.

There are people that you can trust and depend on. In your other thread you mentioned someone at your church and you did have a counselor that was great to you. Keep trying and persevering. There are many people out there who do care and can help you help yourself.

If you need anyone to talk to, you can PM me.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
live.laugh.love
Regular TeenHelper

Name: cassieee.

Re: tonight is the night... - June 29th 2009, 08:44 PM

Hey,

Don't do this!
I know it's really hard right now and I know that you are probably going through a lot but suicide isn't worth it! Living is hard but it's worth it, I promise. What's wrong, why do you feel that you have to end it all? Talk it out!

I know it seems like the right choice right now but it's really not, you have so much to live for. Your young and you have your whole life ahead of you! Just breathe and rethink this whole sit. If you have to call a suicide hotline, check yourself into a hospital, do something but don't hurt yourself.

I'm here.
If you would like to talk, PM me.
<3

when life is in discord; praise ye the Lord

keep your faith alive.
we're not alone <3

(#6 (permalink)) Old
i_am_me_again Offline
I'm A Pyschotic Neurotic.
I can't get enough

Name: Jaymi

Re: tonight is the night... - June 29th 2009, 08:44 PM

Hi Ellie

Im so sorry you feel this way. You are obviously going through a lot of emotions right now. Try and relax, breathe slowly. These are only thoughts, you dont have to follow them through.

Suicidal thoughts are so tough, but life can be good. Your 17, still young. You have your whole life to get through. Just be positive.

If you are rock bottom, then think....nothing can get worse...so the only way is up and to get better.

If you were in the reverse situation and someone you cared about was suicidal, think how you would feel if they were succesfull. Not nice,

You dont have to do this....it may seem like the right decision, but it isnt, think of those who care about you, who love you, who are worried about you.

Is there anyone you can talk to...a relative or helpline......

You deserve a life....honestly you do.....

If you really think you will hurt yourself in anyway, then please, get to a safe place or a hospital.

If you want to talk my inbox is always open.

Please...help yourself....

Jamie
xx

HelpLink Mentor & Forum Moderator

PM me!

Our lives are like music.
It hits its high and low notes,
But in the end,
It all turns into a perfect melody
  Send a message via MSN to i_am_me_again  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: tonight is the night... - June 29th 2009, 10:44 PM

Hey Ellie,

I know you are going through a rough time right now but please hold on. I know it may not seem like it at the moment but you mean a whole lot to a lot of lot of people.

Do you think you take a few minutes and just sit down and write down the reasons to live? The people? The dreams you have yet to live? Etc. Sometimes doing this can be really helpful because it really allows people to realize that they really do have things to live for.

Ellie, I've read your earlier posts so I know some of what is bothering you but is there more than that that is making you feel this way? Do you think you could call your therapist and talk you her and ask her for help? Just tell her you feel lik you are in a really bad spot and you don't want to be there anymore?

Ellie, I know you say you want to end it all but I truly believe you wouldn't have posted this if you did. Talk to your therapist and see what she has to say, it really might help.

Please don't quit, keep believing in yourself and if you ever need someone to talk to feel free to pm me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#8 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: tonight is the night... - June 29th 2009, 11:15 PM

Hi Ellie,

I know that things are really tough for you right now, and you've gone through so much, but please don't hurt yourself! You shouldn't have to go through all that you do, but I promise, there are other ways of getting out of it besides suicide. Trust me, you'd miss so much that you wouldn't have wanted to get out of. And besides, the best way out is always through.

Try talking to your counselor again. And you deserve to get out of your situation and into one that'll be way better for you. You could ask your counselor for help in changing that, or you could try calling a helpline (I personally like Hopeline: 1-800-442-HOPE) and let them know that things are feeling end-of-the-line - they'll help you figure out another way to change how things are.

Please hang in there, Ellie. You're cared about so much by the people here (like me! yeah, I'm a random person and everything, but I do care about you!), and we'll always be here to help you through anything that might come along. Feel free to PM me anytime.

I'll be thinking about you.

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Elz Offline
Average Joe

Re: tonight is the night... - June 30th 2009, 02:59 PM

hey guys..

well i'm still here..
sadly enough i did attemp last night, not enough to kill me but could of possibly done a lot of damage.. i did spend night in hospital and got out about midday todai.
not feeling amazing if i'm honest, its almost like i'm badly hungover or something.

my own fault so i have no1 to blame. my councillor found out and called me and just asked me how i was, cancelled the session we had tomorrow, so i dont even know who to go to for help no more..

(#10 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: tonight is the night... - June 30th 2009, 03:21 PM

Hey Ellie,

*gives giant but gentle hug*

I'm glad you're still here. I'm really sorry that your counselor cancelled your session tomorrow - you could try asking the hospital for help, though, in finding a counselor - they typically have someone or other like that on-call, or you could try calling a helpline (I personally like Hopeline: 1-800-442-HOPE), and they can actually talk to you themselves or help you find something in your area.

Please take care of yourself, Ellie. Hang in there.

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

Closed Thread