TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
kokorocks Offline
Average Joe

Name: Damien

I need help - July 10th 2009, 01:05 AM

so i didn't know weither to post this here or in self harm but ya:
i have been depressed for 3 years now since i was about 10. and i have been self harming myself for over a year. I have gone to a hospital for my self harm and i am looking into a new one. Whenever i talk to my mom about my self harming she just starts crying and gets mad at me. And then yells at me. She doesn't like the hospital i went to last time and all the other ones are like it. So i don't know what to do. My arm is all infected and its so sore. And i cry myself every night and i have had suisidal thoughts for about 2 years now. I don't know what do to. Nothing is getting better in my life and i have so many problems going on. So if anyone can help it would be appreciated. Thanks <3

Send a message via MSN to kokorocks  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: I need help - July 10th 2009, 05:12 AM

Hey Kali,

I'm sorry that you've been having such a rough time, hun. And I'm sorry that your mom isn't listening - it's great that you've tried to talk to her, and you deserve to be heard. Getting your arm taken care of is really important. Maybe ask your mom for a trip to the doctor's? Or is there another relative or neighbor or friend's parent you could ask for a ride to the hospital? Also, you could maybe talk to your doctor (or relative/friend's parent) about what's going on, and ask for help in getting your mom to listen to you, and for maybe finding a new program. Also, helplines, like Hopeline (1-800-442-HOPE) can be really helpful, in listening and in coming up with ideas on what to do, and also might be able to help you find programs that might work well.

Hang in there. Feel free to PM me anytime!

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
SimplyComplex Offline
SimplyComplex :)
I've been here a while

Name: Melissa

Re: I need help - July 10th 2009, 05:45 AM

Hey Kali,

You should be proud of yourself for coming forward and talking about this problem. Not only with this website, but with your mom. It's a good thing you're willing to try and get help from people. That will get you very far. I know things seem to be sitting still right now, and not going in any direction you want it to but hang on. Don't give up on this because you have come far. You have won victories and even though it's hard right now, more good will come.

As for your mom, I understand that she must be hurting, but you need to pick a hospital that's best for you. Sometimes, you never know how good or bad something will be until you try it. Sometimes, when looking for a solution, we need to try many things. I know it might hurt you too, seeing your mom react like that - but this is about you getting better. And if you think going to a hospital will help you, then do so. Stay where you can get the help that helps you most. As for your suicidal thoughts and depression, don't hold anything in. Try to vent to people or through a journal, something. Letting these strong feelings out helps you be able to cope and it prevents anything from building up. For now, try and let out those feelings and remember that you're not alone. If something ever feelings too strong and you might harm yourself or worse, call a help line or the emergency services. You can do this and you can pull through this. Right now, think of yourself for a bit and let yourself heal from whatever is hurting. It's okay to let yourself heal. It's okay to fend for yourself. If you need anyone, don't be shy. I'm a PM away.

-Have hope

01 // 10 // 11

Baby stand tall. You can have it all.

Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine..

(#4 (permalink)) Old
live.laugh.love
Regular TeenHelper

Name: cassieee.

Re: I need help - July 10th 2009, 07:08 AM

Hello There,

It must be tough having to deal with all of those issues. It's not fun, I know. I'm glad that you've been reaching out though, that show's so much strength.

You're mom is probably just really worried about you and doesn't know what to do so she yells, I know a lot people who are like that. They don't mean it, they're just scared. Can you try to sit down and talk with her and ask her to not yell because what you say is important and her yelling isn't helpful when you feel this way.

I'm glad that you are looking into receiving help. If your mom doesn't like the hospitals could you meet her half-way and get counselling. You can see a counselor sometimes twice a week if need be. It's not the same attention you would be getting at a hospital BUT it's help nonetheless.

I know it doesn't seem like your problems are going away but they will. You will beat this and one day be happy! You just have to get through the rough times! You can do it, please don't do anything to harm yourself. You'll be okay! Keep reacing out! More importantly, keep holding on.

My PM box is always open <3

when life is in discord; praise ye the Lord

keep your faith alive.
we're not alone <3

(#5 (permalink)) Old
kokorocks Offline
Average Joe

Re: I need help - July 10th 2009, 06:26 PM

but my mom gets really mad she thinks i stopped cutting. ANd i've tried hotlines and i hate them because i had a bad exsperience with them. i see a counsler two times a week i actually am going today. I've had about 8 counselers. I saw this hospital like home environment but she says its for mental help and stuff. It's like mental help idk would that be for me? Thanks everyone

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Pour the Teapot Offline
Train whistles and cicadas
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Chloe

Re: I need help - July 10th 2009, 06:57 PM

cutting and suicidal thoughts all start with mental problems. there may be some sort of anti-depressant (if you aren't already taking one) that can help you feel better and not be like this. when you go to your counscler, ask her if she can get you a prescription that will help.

i'm always here, like, every day or more, so PM me anytime you want to talk about anything.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
kokorocks Offline
Average Joe

Re: I need help - July 10th 2009, 10:19 PM

so i would be considered a person that could go there?
Ya i take one

(#8 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: I need help - July 11th 2009, 04:57 AM

Hey Kali,

First I wanted to say that you are really brave for coming forward and asking for help. I am so glad that you want to stop doing this; that is such a big step to take.

Kali, you can and will beat this you have to give it time, determination and you have to be sure to not give up hope because sometimes it can be discouraging but if you continue believing it will be okay.

Your mom might get upset because she feels bad that you do this to yourself. She probably isn't mad at you. Sometimes when parents are worried about their children and don't know what to do about their kids well-being it comes out as anger and frustration.

I think looking into that one place might be a good idea(none of us on here are professionals so we can't diagnose you). If you start there and they say that it is not the right place for you they wil probably give you some other places that are better suited for you or you could ask them.

Please hang in there and if you need anything else feel free to pm me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread