TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Erika

Unhappy don't want to go on - July 17th 2009, 10:56 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

i don't want to go on anymore. i just want to runaway from everything.

♥GRANDPA'S LITTLE GIRL♥

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Em... Offline
smile; it looks good on you.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: E

Re: don't want to go on - July 18th 2009, 12:16 AM

Hiya Erika,

I'm sorry that you are feeling as though suicide is the only way out of your problems. Let me assure you that it is certainly not. "Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem."

Please open up a bit more. What's causing you to feel this way? We can really help you more if you just give us a bit more information about why you are feeling like this.

Things are hard at the moment, but I know that you can get through this. You don't need to end your life. People would be so upset if you left the world. So many people care about you. I care about you.

Tomorrow is a new day, and a new start. I know you can do this, all you have to do is try. Please take care of yourself,

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: don't want to go on - July 18th 2009, 01:04 AM

Hey Erika. I'm really sorry that you're feeling this way right now. What's making you feel the emotions that you are dealing with right now? Is there something going on in your life causing you to struggle?

Despite what's going on right now, you're a strong person, and you can get through this. Do you have anyone in your life you feel you can talk to about whatever it is you are struggling with? There's also a lot of people here who will be willing to listen to you if you ever need to discuss anything. Don't forget that you are a strong person, and you have people who believe in you, and who care about you. Stay here for them, even if for nothing else. You do have hope as well, so don't give up on your life just yet. These things have a way of turning out alright in the end.

PM me anytime

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#4 (permalink)) Old
CherriesBlossom Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Katie

Re: don't want to go on - July 18th 2009, 02:40 AM

as others have said is there anything thats making you feel like this?

believe me suicide isnt the answer and niether is running away from things.
i believe you can make it through this!

keep your head up (:
  Send a message via AIM to CherriesBlossom  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: don't want to go on - July 18th 2009, 04:53 AM

Hey Erica,

I'm sorry that things are so overwhelming right now. I agree with what everyone else has said. What's going on, hun?

And sometimes, when things feel really overwhelming and I just want *out,* it helps to find healthy ways to "escape," like by adopting my ipod headphones as an extra limb for a bit, or going for a walk, or hanging out with a friend or at a coffee house or library or something, or reading a good book whose plot I can escape to for a bit.

Hang in there. Feel free to PM me anytime.

It'll be okay

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Erika

Re: don't want to go on - July 18th 2009, 02:49 PM

my parents. everything is going worng in my life. i don't know what to do anymore. i'm scared

saw my ex boyfriend last night.

♥GRANDPA'S LITTLE GIRL♥

Last edited by ♥GRANDPA'S LITTLE GIRL♥; July 18th 2009 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Multiple posts have been merged automatically.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
live.laugh.love
Regular TeenHelper

Name: cassieee.

Re: don't want to go on - July 18th 2009, 04:45 PM

hey you,

you can keep going on, i know you don't really want to at the moment but you can and you really need to keep going on!
i'm sorry that everything is going wrong with your life right now but isn't there at least one good thing, one thing that you can hold onto, one thing that keeps you going forward; a friend, an activety, a pet, something you do every week that makes you happy, etc.
keep living, it's a choice that you would be so happy that you made!
please, it won't be like this forever, it really won't.
it seems like you are having a lot of problems maybe with your parents but you won't be living at home for ever.
and i'm sorry you ran into your ex but just try to ignore it, you know.
because sometimes that's impossible to not run into people.
i really hope this helps.
hang in there sweetie.
pm me anytime <3

when life is in discord; praise ye the Lord

keep your faith alive.
we're not alone <3

(#8 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: don't want to go on - July 19th 2009, 03:59 AM

*hugs*

Parents can rather suck sometimes. Maybe try to stay away from them, by hanging out with friends or going to the library or even just going for a walk, when you can, and finding ways to help you "hold on to sanity" when you do have to put up with them, like what I sometimes think of as "ipod therapy" or curling up in a blanket or something else that you can do to be good to yourself.

I'm sorry that you saw your ex-boyfriend. Running into people from old relationships can be tough - but maybe try taking a deep breath, and reminding yourself that the encounter is over now, and you get to move on and not have to worry about what happened anymore.

I'm sorry that things are so scary right now. But please know that things will get better. It will be okay. And we're always here for ya.

Hang in there.

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

Closed Thread