TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DpTx972 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation I wish i could just be happy for once - July 18th 2009, 03:37 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hi evry1 i'm new here....hope i can find help with my problems

Well to start off im not a troublesome kid. I may not have as many problems as the next guy/girl, but it seems as though i have no other choice but to quit. Depression has ultimately affected my overall health: I starting to eat more(not gaining weight though), i sit in my dark room for days. Just those kinds of things seem weird to me and it should come off as weird to my peers.

Yesterday, an event that triggered my grieving was my mother. It seems like ever since i turned 13 she has been the root of my problems. I had argued with her about my cell bill(cuz i'm on her family line) and she expects me to pay over 90 bucks b4 August begins. problem is i'm 16yrs old i dont have a steady source of income. What caused that was my NEED to txt, and who i was txting was someone i had met over the internet. A guy named William.

William was a guy i met last friday on a website. William had said he fell in love with me, so i agreed to do a long distance relationship with him. From past experiences i admit i have a problem with ppl just plain not liking me. I mean if i see someone and they are guy, girl, fat, old, or a monster and they have feelings for me i automatically like them in return.

I wish i could tell my whole story, but i'll make it short

Im a 16 yr old blk male w/ a confusing sexual preference
But sadly with my paranoia issiues i have grown to not trust individuals and i have also precieved that others don't want to have anything to do with me.
Stress from school, friends, parents, and basically this summer has been nothing but disappointment in my book.
I'm sick of living and I'm sick of others

So if anyone could help me b4 i decide to fill the house with gas setting it aflame while i sit inside and blow my head clean off.....it'll be much appreciated

I just cant understand why ppl insist on making me feel this way 5 days b4 my birthday

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Erika

Re: I wish i could just be happy for once - July 18th 2009, 04:12 PM

hey hang in there. ppl do care about you and love you. pm me anytime

♥GRANDPA'S LITTLE GIRL♥

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Love;; Its formed around trust
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ashley

Re: I wish i could just be happy for once - July 18th 2009, 04:12 PM

im so sorry. nobody should judge you on being gay or bi or striaght. I am bisexual. i know how you feel. You are a beautiful person. just cause you like the same gender doesn't mean you are not a human being. People are insensitive.

please dont do what you said you might do at the bottom of this. Reading it makes me cry. I'm here for you anytime you need to talk. I've been through the same feeling.

PM me or i can give you my cell for anytime you need to talk or text.
im 16 as well i know what your are going through.

You can PM me anytime -Ashley <3

Send a message via AIM to PrincessOfDamned  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: I wish i could just be happy for once - July 19th 2009, 03:36 AM

Hey there,

welcome to TH Thanks for sharing what's going on with us; I know sometimes it can be a bit intimidating to do that. But you're definitely always welcome here. We're here to listen and try to help how we can

Parents can often be irksome. But hang in there. Could you try sitting down with your mom to talk about how you can more realistically help with the phone bill, let her know that you do want to help but to help in a way that's more plausible for you? And is there any way you could explain to her about the long distance relationship? Or you could just tell her that you had needed to text a friend, and not go into the details.

And it's great that you've found someone who appreciates you. But make sure that the relationship is good for both of you, and that you're not the only one pulling your weight in the relationship. You get to be happy and know that you're loved and cared about even outside of a relationship, too.

Seems like you've been carrying around quite a bit of stress. In the midst of whatever rough patches or disappointments you may go through, it's important to take time to do things for you that'll make you happy, even if just for a moment, like listening to a favorite song, watching a favorite movie, going running, whatever might be something ordinary and everyday that you can nevertheless do to help yourself smile for a bit.

And because of how what you've been feeling seems to be affecting you, talking to your doctor about it would probably be a good idea, or a counselor, if you have one.

Hang in there. We're here for ya

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

Closed Thread