TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Dream Offline
Senior TeenHelper

I love you all, - July 19th 2009, 05:59 AM

but I feel so incredibly empty right now. I'm not a good person. I have never done anything to be worthy. I can't help thinking that the world doesn't need people like me, and it is obvious that some people would like me to commit suicide.

I don't know what I need to do, who I need to be, and it seems like no matter what I do I'll never be good enough because I am inferior. Something is wrong with me. People say "oh, you're a good person", but being a "good person" apparently doesn't mean much. Being a good person doesn't get you anything.

I'm so lonely, and I feel so worthless. This will never go away. I have to do something great, but I know that it is an act and that I'll never fit in. This is all my fault.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
kirstenyo Offline
Coolest kid around
Not a n00b

Re: I love you all, - July 19th 2009, 06:16 AM

No matter how much life sucks now, something good will happen sooner or later.
Everyone is worthy of something, and everyone is worthy to live.

I'm not going to go into this long thing about life, and how you need to talk to someone, because i know you have probably heard that before, and you will seek that help if and when your ready.

However i'm just going to say, life is so much worth living.

I dont know how much i really impacted you, or if i helped.
You'll find your meaning in life sooner or later.

"you're not alone, theres more to this i know, you can make it out, you will live to tell"- Saosin.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
floatingangel Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I love you all, - July 19th 2009, 02:27 PM

hey, no one wants you dead ok! if they do, it's bloody shame on THEM.
i know how easy it is to feel like you're worthless, and that you're doing nothing good with your life. but honestly, just because you make mistakes doesn't make you one. you're a person with rights, an identity, and you belong to yourself. don't let whatever society deems as a "productive person" to be your standard to live.
who knows? you might impact someone's life in a positive way tomorrow. you might save someone's life. and you could be a friend to someone who has no one. etc etc. you know, you're never too small. have confidence in yourself. and respect yourself like you'd respect another person.
don't give up! you cannot change your circumstances, but you can sure change the way you react to them. i pray that you'd find your place in life someday soon. (:

and the voice of truth tells me a different story
the voice of truth says "do not be afraid"

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Mikey09 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Mike

Re: I love you all, - July 19th 2009, 02:34 PM

Life has a plan for everyone, You may not have seen this yet but everyone is here for a reason
  Send a message via MSN to Mikey09  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: I love you all, - July 19th 2009, 02:43 PM

Hey there,

I’m sorry that you’re feeling so bad right now, but suicide isn’t the answer to any of this. Suicide doesn’t achieve anything apart from restricting your future opportunities and hurting those around you.

So something may be wrong with you – what is exactly wrong with you? What can you do to alter that? You may have a mental illness - That may be what’s wrong. If so, then it can be treated with psychotherapy or medication. Depression is common and it is very treatable. It will go away or at least the symptoms can be alleviated. You don’t have to feel lonely or worthless for the rest of your life. You don’t have to kill yourself either. You can become proactive and make changes, for the better, in your life.

Going to a doctor or counsellor would be the most obvious ideas, however there are loads of other people who you could reach out to right now if you’re feeling suicidal. There’s a sticky [here] which has many ideas. You need to put some effort in to changing how you’re feeling. Yes, it’s hard, but most things worth working for are hard. You have the support of others, professionals, friends here. There is always someone to help you or offer you support. It’s obvious that some people wouldn’t like you to commit suicide.

This isn’t your fault. You can get help for this.
Take care.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: I love you all, - July 20th 2009, 03:50 AM

Hey there,

of course the world needs people like you. You were born into the giant dynamic of the world, and there would be a you-shaped whole in it without you. And you're the only one who can ever fill it.

Good people still make mistakes. And bad things can still happen to people. But having stuff to deal with doesn't mean that there's necessarily anything "wrong" with you. It just means that you, like the rest of the human race, has something or other to deal with.

I'm sorry that you feel lonely. Are there any friends you could tell about what's going on? Because you're definitely not worthless. I understand feeling like you have to do something "big," something that "really matters," in oder to matter yourself. But you already are doing something really big. You're being you. And that's enough. That's always enough. Anything else is just extra credit.

Hang in there. Feel free to PM me anytime.

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Dream Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: I love you all, - July 25th 2009, 05:55 AM

I've already gotten help and am still getting help. I've been seeing doctors for years now. I hate them.

I feel so angry and guilty all the time. I'm a terrible person, and it is my fault. I don't know what to do anymore.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
floatingangel Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I love you all, - July 25th 2009, 03:19 PM

well i know you can move along. (: if there's nothing else to do, just move along. and know that only you can help yourself. so practising lifting up your head in the face of life, and you might just get better at it...

and the voice of truth tells me a different story
the voice of truth says "do not be afraid"

Closed Thread