TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Control? - July 20th 2009, 10:46 PM

How do you control the thoughts? Ive already given in to the self harm thoughts, but i'm really stuggling to control my suicidal thoughts.

Part of me feels it would be so much easier if i just did it, however, from OD twice recently, and being rushed to hospital before i had the chance to die, i know its not easier, because going through the pain, was hell.

So why do i still want to take the risk of death? I feel i have to do it. I dont want to. I want to be happy, but i cant be happy. Its all impossible, and everything seems so messed up and complcated, i just cant deal with it.

I have no idea what to do.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Mikey09 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Mike

Re: Control? - July 20th 2009, 10:50 PM

Find out the problem. Think of ways to help that problem. Once wthat black cloud has gone form over your head you can start looking forward, Take it all in steps. Everyone cares about you, everyone has a chance to be happy.

A lot of people will suggest a parent or a counselor to you so you can talk to them . While that’s always an option, there ARE other options available. It is important to remember is that you should not and do not have to struggle alone.

You have all the power needed to control those thoughts inside your head, You can do it. Just hang in there till the light shines through that cloud. You will be ok Pm me if you ever need anyone to talk to

Send a message via MSN to Mikey09  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Don't give up, turn to JESUS!!
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: suniesha

Re: Control? - July 21st 2009, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzka View Post
How do you control the thoughts? Ive already given in to the self harm thoughts, but i'm really stuggling to control my suicidal thoughts.

Part of me feels it would be so much easier if i just did it, however, from OD twice recently, and being rushed to hospital before i had the chance to die, i know its not easier, because going through the pain, was hell.

So why do i still want to take the risk of death? I feel i have to do it. I dont want to. I want to be happy, but i cant be happy. Its all impossible, and everything seems so messed up and complcated, i just cant deal with it.

I have no idea what to do.
It may seem like you can't be happy, but thats so far from the truth! It's not that you have to do it, your body wants to and your heart doesn't want to do it at all..
The easiest thoughts to control are the self harm ones because it's a cover up of suicidal thoughts (atleast for me.) I used to think about cutting so much that it stopped the suicidal thoughts then I stopped cutting and it all went downhill..
But it will changed, both thoughts will stop.. You don't need to try anymore, don't give in to the thoughts because if you do, they will take over your life..

God bless.

2nd cor. 5:13
GREAT HOPE COMES FROM FAITH IN GOD!!!!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Dream Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Control? - July 21st 2009, 06:48 AM

You need to understand your thoughts. Pay attention to them and don't try to run away from the things that scare you. The better you understand your thoughts, the better you will be able to handle them.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Control? - July 21st 2009, 06:25 PM

Hey Jess,

I am so sorry you are struggling so much but you can get through this. Please hang in there because you deserve a chance to be happy.

I think that this is a good question but it is kind of hard to answer because I think the answer could be different for everyone. I will tell you what has worked for me in the past and maybe it will help you.

The one way that has really helped me control these thoughts is by thinking of all the things I want to do with my future; things that will make me happy and things that I could never accomplish if I listened to those thoughts; do you think you could give that a try?

Another thing that has worked for me is thinking of my loved one(mainly my neices and nephew) and how much they still need me and how much they would miss me. This doesn't work all the time but it has been helpful for me in the past. This might help you as well.

Jess, do you know the reasons why you are feeling this way? If so talk to someone about those reasons and try to deal with the problems head on so that you can start to, hopefully, feel better. If you are not sure why you feel so low maybe keeping a journal will help open the reasons up; what do you think?

If you don't have one already, have you ever considered going to counseling? I know it can be hard to open up to someone but in the end it can be worth it. It really does help to have someone to talk to on a more regular basis.

I hope this helped and please hang in there. If you need anything please feel free to pm me.

~Jenna~

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread