TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Oddoneout Offline
Average Joe

Name: Daniel

yet agen - July 25th 2009, 04:01 AM

it is summer and I am alone. in the recint school year I made freinds that I could hang out with sometimes after school and managed to talk to a girl that I like. took me 18 years to do it

now it is summervacation and without school I find it very dificult to hang out with anyone for the past month I have done very little but sit infront of a computer, not too much diferent from what I normaly do but now I know that there is more to life and I am no longer happy just with my own company. I can't escape because what I once used to escape the word is now what I want to escape from. my freinds don't seem to want to see me maybe they never did and were just too polite to tell me to go away when it was still the school year. I can never tell if someone is telling the truth or lieing about what they think about me. people have told me meny contradicting opions about me I have no idea what I am like. weather I am an ok guy or an annoyance people seem to lie all the time to keep someones feeling from being hurt they don't relize they are just setting that person up for a letdown or confusion in the long run.

some people have told me I am very smart some have told me I am stuped

I am not smartter then the average person I just hapen to be good at things that most people arn't but it balances out I can't understand people. something other people seem to find extreemly easy I find imposible. and I have met plent of people wo are much better at the things I am good at then me and they don't seem to have the same dificultys I do.

I hardly know where I am going with this.

I thought I was better I thought I would be ok

things are the same as they were before and I am not ok

wanna talk?

AIM: oddoneout667
MSN: dancl667@hotmail.com

with or without religion a good person will do good and an evil one will do evil
  Send a message via AIM to Oddoneout Send a message via MSN to Oddoneout  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
CherriesBlossom Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Katie

Re: yet agen - July 25th 2009, 04:07 AM

hey daniel,

why dont you get out and go meet people, or get out and do something fun by yourself? i think it would be healthier then sitting in front of your computer day to day. cooped up you have no room to grow which leads to depression, beleive me thats how used to get sad many a time.

people can be decieving but not all of them are. sometimes you just need to trust your own opinion of yourself and not care what other think.

i believe that things will work out for you and they will be okay. (:

Send a message via AIM to CherriesBlossom  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Oddoneout Offline
Average Joe

Name: Daniel

Re: yet agen - July 25th 2009, 04:32 AM

there realy isn't anything out there to do a meeting people is one of those things I find imposible

my computer is realy the only thing I can use to keep me distracted from myself

wanna talk?

AIM: oddoneout667
MSN: dancl667@hotmail.com

with or without religion a good person will do good and an evil one will do evil
  Send a message via AIM to Oddoneout Send a message via MSN to Oddoneout  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
lacrotix Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: yet agen - July 25th 2009, 09:43 PM

Daniel, I think you wll be fine. I actually think you are wise - not smart. Wise is better in my opinion - it is more human and based on logic and not just on books. You are wise enough to realize your problem, which not everybody can do.

As for meeting people, try getting a job. You will always find people in a job who you can talk to. Try a fast food chain. I work at one, and because the management is really bossy, everybody who isn't a boss is nice to each other. We actually talk. You can try the same. I don't have much friends too, so it might work for you too.

In the end, just remember that once you leave high school, you will be reborn. Nobody will know you at university, college, or work, so you get to start fresh.

Closed Thread