TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Brittany

suicide hotline ignored me. - July 30th 2009, 09:42 AM

I'm gay so I called trevor. I waited on hold for half an hour only to get this guy who didnt say anything except hmm.

I told him I said what I needed to say and I was going to go. hopefully he didn't call anyone. I think I have really bad anxiety issues. I really need someone to talk to. but I'm scared to call another hotline.

I can't keep this up.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: suicide hotline ignored me. - July 30th 2009, 11:15 AM

Hey,

I am sorry that you had a bad experience with a helpline. You shouldn't let that put you off calling helplines though because next time you phone you will be speaking to someone different who might be more helpful than that and actually listen and be supportive. You were probably just unlucky to get someone like that so don't let it put you off calling again. You never know who you will speak to if you phone again it might be someone who is really helpful so I think it is worth trying again. I hope all goes well

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: suicide hotline ignored me. - July 31st 2009, 12:05 PM

hey brittany.

sometimes suicide hotline people are kinda busy, either that or they dont reallyt ake their job seriously, which is a VERY bad thing because anyone who calls them is bound to be going through A LOT of bad stuff... and should never ever be turned away.

lets put it this way.. we're all people you can talk to always remember that whenever you need someplace to rant or tell someone about something, you've come to the right place

remember we're always here for you to talk to!

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Ellie Offline
Oh mai.
I've been here a while

Re: suicide hotline ignored me. - July 31st 2009, 10:30 PM

Hey Brittany, first of all I'm really glad that you did ring a helpline, I know it didn't go too well for you but the fact that you were able to pick up that phone in the first place is a great achievement, and something that I think you should recognise and be proud of yourself for because it isn't always an easy thing to do.

I'm sorry that you feel it didn't help you, but try not to let it put you off ringing again. Like Jen said, sometimes you can get unlucky and you don't get to speak to someone that helps, but what's to say the next person wont be the support that you really need? Some helplines are there purely to listen, and give you space to explore your own feelings without offering advice. I suggest either trying them again, or possibly even finding another helpline that you could ring.

Don't let one bad call silence your voice or your feelings - you deserve that support and you deserve to be heard.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Graphite Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: suicide hotline ignored me. - August 1st 2009, 11:45 PM

I can relate to how bad it feels to be ignored like that. I think that some people are just not as helpful as they want to be. Try calling the hotline again or talk to one of the helpers on this site.

Closed Thread