TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
oceanblue22 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation Help..? FML. - July 30th 2009, 09:02 PM

How could I even begin to describe this? I need help. I've been depressed for 6 years. Medication and therapy aren't helping nearly as much as they probably should be... I'm frustrated. I don't know what to do to help myself, or even if I want to bother anymore. I hate myself, I can't see any of the good things in my life, and I don't know how to change. I just want to give up. I've attempted suicide and really think that its such a shame that never worked out... I don't know what anyone could possibly say to help that someone hasn't already said to me before. I just want to run away.... I live every day just trying to get through the hours... I can't keep a job, I'm constantly sick, I have a hard time doing anything but stay in bed and cry some days.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
esfdhtfy Offline
Dream Big
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Joseph S.

Re: Help..? FML. - July 31st 2009, 03:15 AM

I'm sorry that you're feeling the way that you do. It's certainly good that you have tried to seek help and have taken medication for the way you're feeling. Do you currently see a therapist, psychologist, psychiatrist or any other mental health professional? If not, I'd recommend getting back into that habit because it seems like past techniques haven't worked for you. There's nothing wrong with that. Some forms of therapy don't work for some people but you certainly need help with whatever it is that you're dealing with right now - something that a mental health professional could help you with.

Does anyone know about the way you're feeling? Are your parents aware of what's going on? Do you live alone or with your parents? I'd suggest that you talk to somebody that lives with you. It has to be someone that you trust, though. The reason for this is so you have more access to them. Let's say you're feeling horrible in the middle of the night, having someone you could go to will make the world of a difference and will even help to prevent something that could happen because of an irrational thought of yours or something.

I know you must be going through a difficult time right now and again, I'm sorry for that. Do the best you can to participate in things that you enjoy, like a hobby or sport or something. Getting involved with something that you love to do will help take your mind off of what's making you depressed and also may open doors for you to form new friendships with people who share your interests. You will get through this and you must learn to believe that. With the help of professional therapy and those around you, who love and care about you, those thoughts and beliefs will come in no time.

SUP BRO.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Help..? FML. - August 1st 2009, 09:27 AM

hey oceanblue.

i understand that you're going through a lot, but it'll only make it more rewarding when we finally and truely get through this.. for the happiness that we savour will be so much sweeter. You gotta try to strengthen your spirit and mind, and overcome all this psychologically. You definitely have to.. i believe you can do this. Once you overcome the psychological part of all this, the past cannot touch you any more.

and you know, in case you wanna tell us about what you're going through.. or what happened in the past, always remember that we're free to listen. and always remember that no matter what happens, we're all always going to be here to help and care for you.

update us on how this goes.. we're all sticking together, hoping that it all gets better. and the rest of the people on here are all always ready to help too

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

Closed Thread