TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Shopaholic Offline
Average Joe

Name: Megan

Back - July 31st 2009, 09:09 PM

I really don't know where to put this so feel free to move it. Well I went to a summer camp for a month. And I'm back, I had a wonderful time and made many friends and learned a lot about myself. When my mom picked me up and we started driving me home she starts telling me all the stuff thats been going on at home. I know it's not my responsibility to worry about her promblems but they affect me even though she does not think so. Well it's making me really upset. And to add on to that her boyfriend tells me this "don't have a breakdown you have been so good latley" it's done of his business. He is the one making my mom have these issues. I am so afraid of him. I don't know what to do. I try to hind from my promblems but I know its not good to do that. I am so scarred to talk about this with anyone. I've tried so hard to talk to my mom and her boyfriend but they wouldn't listen! Thanks for listening.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ellie Offline
Oh mai.
I've been here a while

Re: Back - July 31st 2009, 09:25 PM

Hey Megan, I'm really glad that you've posted because you're right - hiding from your problems isn't a good thing to do because it doesn't actually solve them, and posting is a way of acknowledging your problems, so good on you for that! I'm glad that you have tried talking to your mum and boyfriend already. Did you speak to them at the same time? Because if you did, how about talking to your mum on her own? It sounds like she talks to you about her problems, but that's clearly beginning to take it's toll on you, and you deserve to have her support with your problems. You're only 16, and it's tough to have someone offload their problems onto you when you've got your own. You need to be able to have that release and listening ear as well. How about telling your mum that even though you care about her and want to be able to help her, it's too much for you at the moment and you need a break from that. If you don't feel able to talk to her, how about writing her a letter telling her?

You said that you're scared to talk to anyone about this, but what is it that you're actually scared of? Maybe looking at that could help you to find a way around it, and give you more of an idea about what could make talking easier for you. There's always someone here willing to listen and support you, so please keep posting and know that you're not alone.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Shopaholic Offline
Average Joe

Re: Back - July 31st 2009, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
Hey Megan, I'm really glad that you've posted because you're right - hiding from your problems isn't a good thing to do because it doesn't actually solve them, and posting is a way of acknowledging your problems, so good on you for that! I'm glad that you have tried talking to your mum and boyfriend already. Did you speak to them at the same time? Because if you did, how about talking to your mum on her own? It sounds like she talks to you about her problems, but that's clearly beginning to take it's toll on you, and you deserve to have her support with your problems. You're only 16, and it's tough to have someone offload their problems onto you when you've got your own. You need to be able to have that release and listening ear as well. How about telling your mum that even though you care about her and want to be able to help her, it's too much for you at the moment and you need a break from that. If you don't feel able to talk to her, how about writing her a letter telling her?

You said that you're scared to talk to anyone about this, but what is it that you're actually scared of? Maybe looking at that could help you to find a way around it, and give you more of an idea about what could make talking easier for you. There's always someone here willing to listen and support you, so please keep posting and know that you're not alone.
Thanks. See I have talked talked to both of them a number of times alone. So has my therapist. Talking to my mom and her boyfriend does nothing for me and them. I know I'm not making this easy but is there any thing else I can do?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
EbonyStarr Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Back - July 31st 2009, 11:07 PM

I know where you're coming from. Your mom and her boyfriend probably classify all your problems as "She's a teenager and they're dramatic she grow out of it." Does you mom know you are scared of her boyfriend? Sometimes parents won't listen when the answer is right in front of their faces...

"iF U CAN'T HANDL3 M3 AT MY WORST U SUR3 AS H3LL DON'T D3S3RV3 MY B3ST"---MARiLYN MONRO3
  Send a message via Yahoo to EbonyStarr  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Shopaholic Offline
Average Joe

Re: Back - July 31st 2009, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyStarr View Post
I know where you're coming from. Your mom and her boyfriend probably classify all your problems as "She's a teenager and they're dramatic she grow out of it." Does you mom know you are scared of her boyfriend? Sometimes parents won't listen when the answer is right in front of their faces...
You see my mom's boyfriend is a complete and utter jerk. He makes fun of my mom and I. He picks on us so much we are almost always in tears. It's not right. That's basically why I am so afraid. Also I'm afraid that he might be using her to fix his issues which I know is not right. Also shes had a bad boyfriend before this and he just scarred me though yelling, and threating me which still haunts me everyday. So yes my mom does see and know i'm afraid of him

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Back - August 1st 2009, 09:16 AM

hey megan.

thats a lot to be dealing with.. and i think your mom deserves someone better, someone more sensitive who will take care of both her and you.. someone definitely more tender than this. and the thing is.. it might be time to stand up to him.. i know it sounds a little scary (think it out before putting what i say to use ) because since he's used to picking on both you and her, he might react in some scary manner.

i hope and pray everything goes well remember that, we're ALWAYS here to listen

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

Closed Thread