TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
tashiee Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

insecure. - August 9th 2009, 12:23 PM

I'm too sensitive, I always seem to take things the wrong way.
I have an eating disorder.
I've been diagnosed with depression and take anti-depressants.
I self harm.
I do have a few friends, but I lie about my feelings and try and hide everything from them.
I've had counselling and I've phoned hotlines and everything, but nothing seems to make it any better.
I'd like someone to talk to.
I'm not sure where else to find help.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Re: insecure. - August 9th 2009, 05:07 PM

Hey there Tashie

I'll start by saying welcome to Teenhelp! You've come to the right place to ask for help, and meet some awesome people. I'm so glad that you're trying to reach out for some help, it's the first step to feeling better.

I'm sorry to hear about how bad you're feeling. Starting with self-harm, it's something that can be overcome! With a little determination, and a lot of will power many people on this site have beaten it, and I hope you can find some sort of inspiration in their stories. For your own assistance, there is an alternatives to SH sticky located here. http://forums.teenhelp.org/f12-self-...ves-self-harm/

I hope that can help you even just a little with your self-harm.

The good thing about depression is that it isn't permanent! It's good that you have gone to people about this, and are on your way to recovery. Stay positive and don't forget how many people care about you.

Friends are always a tough tightrope walk in this sort of situation. I would advise you to find at least one friend that you feel you an trust. It is always a good thing when friends can be aware of what we are going through. Most are only worried about your own safety and well being anyway! Although, if you choose not to tell them, I would understand why.

Regrettably, I'm not too experienced with eating disorders, but there are many people here who could help you more with this. If you haven't already, check out the eating disorders forum here: http://forums.teenhelp.org/f15-eating-disorders/

Once again, welcome to Teenhelp! I do hope you find the support you're looking for. You can PM me with any questions you have, or if you just need someone to talk to!

Good luck with all this and take care.

-Dylan

Last edited by MechanicGodCreation; August 9th 2009 at 05:13 PM.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: insecure. - August 9th 2009, 06:49 PM

Hey Tashie! (:

I'm really sorry to hear you're going through so much right now! I know everything must be so tough for you at the moment, but just try to remember that things can always get better. Everything might seem too much to handle right now, but I promise you can get through this, and be a stronger person at the end of it!

You're amazingly brave for trying to look for help in so many places. Don't give up hope- eventually you will find that one person who can get you through this. It's just a matter of trying and trying until you get to that point. I'm very proud of you for opening up and reaching out to us- that ain't an easy thing to do! I know it must feel like nothing is helping, but the more people you talk to, the less you have to keep inside, and that's better for you in the long term!

Self Harm is an addiction that so many people here deal with! It's not easy to overcome but it can be done. The key is to find other ways to deal with whatever pain you are going through. Take a look at the Alternatives thread Dylan linked you to, it's very handy! You can even track your progress here. I know you can beat this, you just have to believe in yourself.

You should definitely try to open up to your friends more! They care a lot about you, and I'm sure they just want you to be okay! Give it try, you might be surprised at how much they could help! Just hang in there, you'll be okay. It'll all work out in the end! Stay strong, and we're always going to be here if you need to talk.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
michy7x Offline
Average Joe

Re: insecure. - August 9th 2009, 06:49 PM

Hey Taishee,

I have and have had a massive problem with a variety of insecurities. It takes time, a lot of patience and care from those around you. Sometimes you will never be completely assured, because the problem is deep-seated in you, but it helps if you can open a little to your counsellor and write things down each day. It's not something that will be healed overnight, or maybe never completely will, but in time you will find more confidence and security within yourself. There are also books out there to help with such things.

Good luck, and i'm here if you need to talk, just PM.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Faye. Offline
maybe this time...
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Faye

Re: insecure. - August 9th 2009, 06:53 PM

Hi Tashie

First off I'm glad you joined TH because this is a great place to get help if you don't know where else to get it from.

I'm sorry to hear your going through so much at the moment and feel that you can't talk to anyone. I've been in similar situations and to start up that conversation can be really really hard. However once you do open up those lines on communication it's surprisingly easy. You're friends are there for you and if they know that you want to talk then they'll be there to listen.

Counselling and other forms of professional help can take a while to take effect and sometimes things get worse before they get better. So try to stick at it. It's always useful to have someone who'll listen to your hanging around.

Try to keep positive, Tashie. I know that sometimes seems so incredibly hard, but like Dylan said depression isn't permanent!

PM me if you need anything,
Faye

Feel free to PM me

We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think its forever
-Carl Sagan

Send a message via MSN to Faye. Send a message via Skype™ to Faye. 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
tashiee Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: insecure. - August 9th 2009, 08:00 PM

I'm trying to tell the friend I feel closest to.
She's taking it quite well, considering it's probably a shock for her.
Thanks for the links and your support.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
KoKoEm Offline
love's lookin' good on you =]
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: insecure. - August 9th 2009, 08:36 PM

Welcome to TH Tashie! ^^

So, first off, way to go on telling a friend, that's always a good (but hard) step. I hope she understands and supports you through it.

I don't know much about eating disorders, but have tried to help one of my friend's through one. There is a resources thread here:
http://forums.teenhelp.org/f15-eatin...ers-resources/ Hopefully that can come in some help to you for that.

Self-harm, however, I've been through myself and something that helped myself and I've seen help other people is the Alternatives to Self Harm thread here:
http://forums.teenhelp.org/f12-self-...ves-self-harm/ Hopefully, that will be helpful to you as well!

If you ever need to talk, I'm always available to PM. And then, if you want my e-mail or IM screenname then you can let me know.

<3, Em

This is how it ends
We believe every lie & say we'll still be friends
How long will it last
Before we scratch all the scripts & rework the casts
*Hourglass by the Hush Sound*

PM me =]

Current Craft Obsession: http://friendship-bracelets.net
Craft obsessions vary often.
  Send a message via AIM to KoKoEm Send a message via MSN to KoKoEm Send a message via Yahoo to KoKoEm  
Closed Thread