TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Dream Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Terrible Day - August 11th 2009, 04:31 AM

I have a great life. I don't know why I don't enjoy it.

Today was a terrible day. I have felt worthless all day. I don't want to do anything. I don't want to work, relax, eat, think. Once again, I wish I was a different person.

It doesn't seem like there is anything I can do about this. There are so many happy people, many books on how to be happy, and every book basically says "be like me, be exactly like me, and you'll be happy", no matter what religion or whatever they follow. I realized it doesn't matter really what those people believe; the fact remains that they are happy, and I am not. Each one believes a different thing, yet they all find happiness. So does the substance of what they think matter, or is it something else? I think it is something else.

SWTDSFKJ

I'm not good enough.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: Terrible Day - August 11th 2009, 04:40 AM

Hey there,

of course you're good enough. People also say that buying a certain brand of toothpaste will make you happy. Just because what someone else says "should" be a way to happiness doesn't work for you doesn't mean that you're not good enough.

How can you find happiness? Doing so doesn't necessarily need a structured way. Just remember to do something each day for you - writing, going running, music, calling a friend, what do you like to do? Or if you are interested in finding a certain "predesignated" pathway, try looking at larger schemes of what makes you happy - spending time with family and friends? volunteering? living a certain life style? And then maybe try looking for religions that fit those patterns. I'm Catholic, so obviously I'm going to proselytize just a little bit and recommend maybe looking into that a bit - though I'd recommend talking to someone rather than looking up literature on it. But there are a lot of other religions and philosophies and whatnot that are just as fulfilling.

Don't wish to be a different person. You're the only person, ever, who'll ever have a shot at being you. Nobody else gets to have your unique brand of awesomess

And have you tried talking to a doctor about how you're feeling? Sometimes with depression, people who seemingly have no reason to be unhappy just do. It's not that there's anything wrong with them, they just feel in a slump despite whatever they might have in their lives to keep them motivated. Talking to a doctor or counselor to get suggestions on how to go about addressing that can definitely help.

Hope tomorrow's maybe a better day. Hang in there.

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

Closed Thread