TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Raptor Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Raptor

depression again? - August 11th 2009, 09:38 PM

I feel like crying. I'm stressed and miserable. I'm set off really easily at the moment, by anything. Today the printer wouldn't work and I self harmed to solve that. Tomorrow it'll be something else just as pointless pissing me off.
I'm so sick of my stupid routine. I'm worked like a dog on split shifts in a job I cant get away from as I live above the pub.
I'm mostly happy, my boyfriend makes me happy, but recently things have got me so fed up that I'm worried my depression will get worse. Which sucks as I want to come off the antidepressants now.
Blarg I don't know what to do with myself apart from cry.
R!

I'm making sense of shattered dreams
I want you to be proud of me.

Freedom can be frightning if you've never felt it.

Member since 2006.
Recovering self harmer - Last SH 24/08/09

(#2 (permalink)) Old
jdwalker Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jonathan

Re: depression again? - August 11th 2009, 10:06 PM

Awww thats sad I really hope things get better for you. If you need to talk I would really love to listen. If the antidepressants are helping you Im not sure you will want to come off of them just yet but glad to see u've found some happiness. It really feels good doesn't it?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
CherriesBlossom Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Katie

Re: depression again? - August 11th 2009, 10:18 PM

you should talk to your doctor about it if the anti depressants arent helping you.
its okay to cry, if thats what you need to do to get it out then do it.
self harming wont help anything, accept make you feel even lower.

maybe you need to take a break from your routine life, switch things up.
do something new so it wont seem so boring and expected.

im sorry i can give you more
good luck
  Send a message via AIM to CherriesBlossom  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: depression again? - August 12th 2009, 03:48 AM

Hey,

I am sorry you are feeling so low but please hang in there because things can get better with time.

I think that you should try and find someone to talk to about all of this; I know that can be hard but in the end it can be really helpful. Maybe you could talk to a parent, a friend, or another trusted adult/person? It might take you some time to think of someone to talk to but once you do please take the leap because it might make some difference.

Also, you are seeing someone for medication and I was wondering if you were seeing a therapist as well. Getting medication can help but having a therapist to talk to can make the medication process a little bit better; if you don't already have a therapist maybe you could look into one?

As for getting off your medications I would talk to your doctor about that and explain how you are feeling; he/she might be able to help you along. Even if you and him/her decide that right now is not the right time to get off the medication don't lose hope that one day you might be able to get off of them. Sometimes it takes a while to get stable and then get off the medication.

As for the cutting do you think that you could try the alternatives? I know it can be hard to use them when cutting seems like such a better idea but in the end the alternatives are so much more productive.

Next time you get angry or feel some other sort of emotion try to take a step back, relax, breath and use one of the many alternatives you really might be surprised as how well they work.

Also, try not to think that your depression will get worse (I know its hard) instead try to tell yourself that you can beat this. Sometimes we tend to think ahead to the 'what if's' and when we do this it can make things worse. So try to take it one step at a time and when the thought comes into your mind that your depression will get worse push it out and say 'I can and will overcome this..."

As for your job; is there anyway you could take a break? Even if you only took a day or two off? I know that that might not seem like a lot but when I would get overwhelmed with school I would take a break from classes for a day and it would work wonders; maybe the same goes for you?

I hope this helped and if you need anything feel free to pm me.

~Jenna~

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread