TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives


You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!


Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
lonelyguy Offline
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
lonelyguy's Avatar
 
Name: mitch
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Location: Canada

Posts: 205
Join Date: January 31st 2009

nothing worked - September 24th 2009, 03:41 AM

nothing worked. i tried stuff that you guys said. it all amounted to nothing and changed nothing just like I said it would. there ya go. nothing gets better.
   
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
Darrenboy!'s Avatar
 
Age: 41
Location: MARS! :D

Posts: 944
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: nothing worked - September 24th 2009, 10:55 AM

then try harder =) and this time, really put yourself into it. i remember posting on your thread before and what those people said are really the way to improve the situation. I know that sometimes it might seem like a dead end in a cave , but the thing is.. if you look at the wall, it has cracks that can easily open if you try hard enough.

i know this is tough, but i also know you deserve real happiness, so yeah.. no matter how bad it becomes, keep trying and doing it because you deserve real smiles


Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!
   
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Amp Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
Amp's Avatar
 
Age: 26

Posts: 35
Join Date: June 19th 2009

Re: nothing worked - September 24th 2009, 03:01 PM

You're not trying hard enough.

I'm not gonna sugarcoat it, that's all there is to it. You're the only one who can pull yourself out of this damn hole. Contrary to popular belief nobody 'deserves' true happiness, they earn it.

Get the hell out there and try your damn hardest.

Last edited by Prozac; September 24th 2009 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Please review the forum rules.
   
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
HereToHelpYou Offline
Offering help - PM/Email me
Average Joe
***
 
HereToHelpYou's Avatar
 
Name: Alicia
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

Posts: 127
Join Date: September 23rd 2009

Re: nothing worked - September 24th 2009, 06:55 PM

I dont know whats going on with you, but Im going to give you my point of view. You always have a choice. If its a broken heart, you can choose to either suffer with the heartbreak, or work through the heartbreak and learn from it. If its friends, you can choose to either make up with them or walk away. We may not choose what experiences we go through, but we can choose how to handle them. This way is obviously not working for you, its time to try something else.

What is it exactly that makes your life so bad right now?


  Send a message via MSN to HereToHelpYou  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
lonelyguy Offline
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
lonelyguy's Avatar
 
Name: mitch
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Location: Canada

Posts: 205
Join Date: January 31st 2009

Re: nothing worked - September 25th 2009, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenboy! View Post
then try harder =) and this time, really put yourself into it. i remember posting on your thread before and what those people said are really the way to improve the situation. I know that sometimes it might seem like a dead end in a cave , but the thing is.. if you look at the wall, it has cracks that can easily open if you try hard enough.

i know this is tough, but i also know you deserve real happiness, so yeah.. no matter how bad it becomes, keep trying and doing it because you deserve real smiles
I honestly know that I could not try any harder. It just is not possible. I'm not going to find happiness. It's as simple as that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Amp View Post
You're not trying hard enough.

I'm not gonna sugarcoat it, that's all there is to it. You're the only one who can pull yourself out of this damn hole. Contrary to popular belief nobody 'deserves' true happiness, they earn it.

Get the hell out there and try your damn hardest.
I don't really appreciate this comment, nor do I find it accurate. I wouldn't recommend that you try to advise people in the future if this is the kind of advise you give. If you're having issues, please make your own thread and stop trying to make me feel bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereToHelpYou View Post
I dont know whats going on with you, but Im going to give you my point of view. You always have a choice. If its a broken heart, you can choose to either suffer with the heartbreak, or work through the heartbreak and learn from it. If its friends, you can choose to either make up with them or walk away. We may not choose what experiences we go through, but we can choose how to handle them. This way is obviously not working for you, it's time to try something else.

What is it exactly that makes your life so bad right now?
I am lonely. The problem is that I don't even get the chance to have heartbreak since apparently my heart was never good enough to exist to be broken or anything else.
   
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
lonelyguy Offline
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
lonelyguy's Avatar
 
Name: mitch
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Location: Canada

Posts: 205
Join Date: January 31st 2009

Re: nothing worked - October 8th 2009, 04:15 AM

I have decided that I will most likely never get a girlfriend and life is not worth living. I think I'm going to set a suicide date around when I turn 18. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do for my last two months?
   
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran
*************
 
.:Bibliophile:.'s Avatar
 
Gender: Just me

Posts: 16,929
Blog Entries: 1796
Join Date: January 18th 2009

Re: nothing worked - October 8th 2009, 04:19 AM

Mitch,

I really wish you would reconsider. I know it sucks to go through life feeling alone but a girlfriend will come to you you just have to wait.

Have you tried talking to someone about this and explaining why you are feeling so low? I know talking can be hard but it really can help. It really helps to get all the bottled up feelings out.

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. The problems you are facing now will pass with time and you will be glad that you were able to hang on.

Please stay strong.

Jenna


|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|
   
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
lonelyguy Offline
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
lonelyguy's Avatar
 
Name: mitch
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Location: Canada

Posts: 205
Join Date: January 31st 2009

Re: nothing worked - October 8th 2009, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulDisaster1819 View Post
[font=Arial Narrow][size=3][color=DeepSkyBlue]Mitch,

I really wish you would reconsider. I know it sucks to go through life feeling alone but a girlfriend will come to you you just have to wait.
no one else does. I hav waited long enough. I'll give it two more months.
Quote:
Have you tried talking to someone about this and explaining why you are feeling so low? I know talking can be hard but it really can help. It really helps to get all the bottled up feelings out.
yes it didn't help.
Quote:
Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. The problems you are facing now will pass with time and you will be glad that you were able to hang on.
I'd say it's a permanent problem and a permanent solution such as suicide would work fine. I don't reall believe in that irrational cliche.
   
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
ThePunkAlien Offline
Member
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
ThePunkAlien's Avatar
 
Name: Josh
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Location: Hollywood USA

Posts: 777
Blog Entries: 23
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: nothing worked - October 8th 2009, 04:32 AM

Hey man, not having a girlfriend is rough. Not going to lie, but also - have you looked into how many people just start dating or have their first girlfriend during their four years of college and some even after that? It's not the end of the world.

Also because of that, I really think the root problem is because of something else and that's adding to it. What else in your life, beside the girl problems, is giving you difficulty and making you feel this way?
   
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
lonelyguy Offline
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
lonelyguy's Avatar
 
Name: mitch
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Location: Canada

Posts: 205
Join Date: January 31st 2009

Re: nothing worked - October 8th 2009, 04:43 AM

Nothing. That's it and I'm giving it two months.
   
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
ThePunkAlien Offline
Member
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
ThePunkAlien's Avatar
 
Name: Josh
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Location: Hollywood USA

Posts: 777
Blog Entries: 23
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: nothing worked - October 8th 2009, 04:46 AM

You sure it's nothing else? Because often what's bothering us is a lot more complex than we like to think about or go into. Not having a girlfriend, as said, sucks and I more than get that. Trust me man, I more than get that. But, it's not usually the root cause - it's typically an additive that's added on to something making whatever it is worse. As said, look online to see how many in their early twenties are still starting out and you're only seventeen - you still have YEARS to go.
   
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
lonelyguy Offline
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
lonelyguy's Avatar
 
Name: mitch
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Location: Canada

Posts: 205
Join Date: January 31st 2009

Re: nothing worked - October 8th 2009, 04:55 AM

No I do not have years to go. The population of people who have not had relationships is minute. I do not want to have my first relationship with someone who has already had one. This is because I feel sickened, disgusted and universally rejected by anyone who has had one. If they've had one, they are just like all the girls around me who don't give a fuck about people like me. Since there are basically no girls who haven't had a relationship, there is basically no chance of me ever having one.

All I ever wanted since I was little was a girlfriend who loved me but I'm too socially inept and have not been able to. So now the only way I can eleminate the permanent problem that I can't go back in time is to kill myself. It's simply too late and I already missed what I wanted to experience.

Last edited by lonelyguy; October 8th 2009 at 05:02 AM.
   
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
ThePunkAlien Offline
Member
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
ThePunkAlien's Avatar
 
Name: Josh
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Location: Hollywood USA

Posts: 777
Blog Entries: 23
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: nothing worked - October 8th 2009, 05:03 AM

So, you're issue's rejection. More questions and answer honestly because I think I may have just tapped into something.

1. How's your relationship with your parents? Do you know your parents? Any divorce/parental abandonment/adopted?

2. How's your relationship with your siblings (if you have them)?

3. How would you classify your status in school right now?

4. What one word describes you?

5. How's your relation to friends, really got them or somewhat got them?

6. When was the last time you made a friend?

7. How much time do you spend alone? If a lot, do you like that or want to break the cycle?

Just asking because basically what you just said reminds me of myself on a bad day. And as said, there are A LOT of GUYS & GIRLS who have never dated and are in their early twenties. How do I know? I'm one of them, know others, and also know GIRLS who have never really dated before either - so it's guys and girls in the same boat. It's not some overblown end of the world scenario. It's about finding someone and BEING READY for when they come to you - the last part may sound obvious, but harder than it sounds and not so apparent.
   
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
lonelyguy Offline
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
lonelyguy's Avatar
 
Name: mitch
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Location: Canada

Posts: 205
Join Date: January 31st 2009

Re: nothing worked - October 8th 2009, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
So, you're issue's rejection. More questions and answer honestly because I think I may have just tapped into something.
it's not rejection in the sense of physically being rejected.
Quote:
1. How's your relationship with your parents? Do you know your parents? Any divorce/parental abandonment/adopted?
fine. My mom knows all of my secrets and everything about me. The only thing she doesn't know is that I am still suicidal. My mom and dad are very loving.
Quote:
2. How's your relationship with your siblings (if you have them)?
fine we joke a play games a lot.
Quote:
3. How would you classify your status in school right now?
top of the class, potential valedictorian (as in I may not be alive for graduation; I have no competition), well respected as intelligent

Quote:
4. What one word describes you?
pathetic

Quote:
5. How's your relation to friends, really got them or somewhat got them?
I have three excellent friends.
Quote:
6. When was the last time you made a friend?
depends. I was in a program in the summer and made friends. We don really keep in contact anymore. Otherwise, four years ago.

Quote:
7. How much time do you spend alone? If a lot, do you like that or want to break the cycle?
when not at school, I spend time with my family in the living room. Cycle is impossible to break since there is nothing to do here. Please don't argue this point since there literally isn't.
Quote:
Just asking because basically what you just said reminds me of myself on a bad day. And as said, there are A LOT of GUYS & GIRLS who have never dated and are in their early twenties. How do I know? I'm one of them, know others, and also know GIRLS who have never really dated before either - so it's guys and girls in the same boat. It's not some overblown end of the world scenario. It's about finding someone and BEING READY for when they come to you - the last part may sound obvious, but harder than it sounds and not so apparent.
there is no one and statistically speaking, no ther are not a lot.
   
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
ThePunkAlien Offline
Member
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
ThePunkAlien's Avatar
 
Name: Josh
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Location: Hollywood USA

Posts: 777
Blog Entries: 23
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: nothing worked - October 8th 2009, 05:25 AM

Interesting that instead of looking at what usual high schooler's view as status, you put in academic placement when others would put: loser, popular, somewhere in between. Maybe it's because you place a lot on accomplishments like that you feel the need to be first everywhere, treating it more like a race than finding someone you actually want to be with and being open when something does click and they let you in too but you become afraid.... started rambling, but point is - it's not a race, it's not a mark, it's human emotion which can't be quantified with being first or not. Everyone is going to be a first whether they're 15-19 or 20 - 25. It's not about a person's individual timing in a race, it's about when they're ready to fully leap into it.

I'm guessing you're reasonably average, right? Chances are you've had girls show interest in you throughout the years at some point, but didn't notice it. I was in private school most of my life so interaction there was pretty much none, except for outside of it and looking back - yeah, there were A LOT of opportunities back then that I didn't take advantage of because I was so caught up in my own mind of "who would like a pathetic shit like me?" that I didn't act on the signs and clues they were showing me... because I wasn't looking at that, I was look at me and saying "that fucking loser, god I want to be different" - when really THEY WERE THERE.

Not saying this to make you feel better or anything, just see part of myself back then and don't want you to go through the next years of your life making the same mistakes. Because you don't have to and the power of all this, no matter how hard you don't think so, IS in your hands.

Last edited by ThePunkAlien; October 8th 2009 at 05:32 AM.
   
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
lonelyguy Offline
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
lonelyguy's Avatar
 
Name: mitch
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Location: Canada

Posts: 205
Join Date: January 31st 2009

Re: nothing worked - October 8th 2009, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
Interesting that instead of looking at what usual high schooler's view as status, you put in academic placement when others would put: loser, popular, somewhere in between.
it's because thats the only identity I have

Quote:
Maybe it's because you place a lot on accomplishments like that you feel the need to be first everywhere, treating it more like a race than finding someone you actually want to be with and being open when something does click and they let you in too but you become afraid.... started rambling, but point is - it's not a race, it's not a mark, it's human emotion which can't be quantified with being first or not. Everyone is going to be a first whether they're 15-19 or 20 - 25. It's not about a person's individual timing in a race, it's about when they're ready to fully leap into it.
no they have not "let me in." quit making baseless assumptions. No one cares about me socially. I only want someon who hasn't had a relationship. Simple as that. Everyone else is unworthy since they already deemed people like me as such.

Quote:
I'm guessing you're reasonably average, right? Chances are you've had girls show interest in you throughout the years at some point, but didn't notice it. I was in private school most of my life so interaction there was pretty much none, except for outside of it and looking back - yeah, there were A LOT of opportunities back then that I didn't take advantage of because I was so caught up in my own mind of "who would like a pathetic shit like me?" that I didn't act on the signs and clues they were showing me... because I wasn't looking at that, I was look at me and saying "that fucking loser, god I want to be different" - when really THEY WERE THERE.
no they have not shown interest you are making assumptions. The only time it was plausibl i was incorrect.

Quote:
Not saying this to make you feel better or anything, just see part of myself back then and don't want you to go through the next years of your life making the same mistakes.
don't worry, there is no reason for me to live the next years.
   
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
ThePunkAlien Offline
Member
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
ThePunkAlien's Avatar
 
Name: Josh
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Location: Hollywood USA

Posts: 777
Blog Entries: 23
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: nothing worked - October 8th 2009, 05:43 AM

They're not judging you man, and you're not taking these into accounts:

1. Chances are there are just as many girls in your school who are shy, guys usually make the first move - they only show signs and hints that guys statistically are known for missing, and that's discluding the shy girls.

2. You're talking about a school, out of statistically how many schools in the district? how many schools in the state? how many in the country? how many in the world? it's all one giant melting pot after high school, it's not contained.

3. Have they told you're not worthy or is that just something you say about yourself?

4. Statistically how many times have you put yourself in a situation where it was possible for a girl to even get to know you?

You're in control and you're discounting lots, narrowing it down to your school it seems like and not looking at the world as a wider whole of interconnected states and a societal breakdown that by far surpasses that. I would know, I remember what that was like back then - high school was the world and there was no place outside of that, as you get older only then you realize how big the world is and how far of a reach you'll have.
   
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
lonelyguy Offline
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
lonelyguy's Avatar
 
Name: mitch
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Location: Canada

Posts: 205
Join Date: January 31st 2009

Re: nothing worked - October 8th 2009, 05:52 AM

It's too small a population of people who have not had relationships to keep living. I wanted my first relationship at 14 not 30. I have put myself on the situation as much as I can. I lived in an apartment with just me and 3 girls. I go to school every day. There's nothing else available or that I am socially capable to do. Therefore, I must die. I'm tired of waiting. I'm giving it 60 days from today. Maybe I just was capable socially enough. Then I shouldn't bother living. It doesn't matter If there are people elsewheere. I am here.

And no, no girls ever gave a fuck about me.

Last edited by lonelyguy; October 8th 2009 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Fucking iPod
   
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
ThePunkAlien Offline
Member
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
ThePunkAlien's Avatar
 
Name: Josh
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Location: Hollywood USA

Posts: 777
Blog Entries: 23
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: nothing worked - October 8th 2009, 05:58 AM

1. Seems you ignored the statistics there and bypassed it, going a different route. Chances are you'll even go to college out of state or in another district, there - all new set of people. It's not restricted.

2. No one's saying 30, it's odd that you're not even waiting for COLLEGE. That's 19 - 22. Where A LOT happens and by A LOT - I mean A LOT, especially if you're open to it rather than nervous from the beginning.

3. Going to school isn't doing anything, you have to start interacting with people, hanging with people. Presence alone does nothing, you have to open yourself up communitively with them rather than waiting for them to come to you.

4. You are HERE in your own closed off high school which isn't much of anywhere in comparison to where you'll be when you reach college, and a far cry from where you'll be senior year of college. "Here" isn't a town, "here" is the whole country - most, by just 22, will have reaches and ties to at least five states and from there it grows. There are no doors, no bars held, the world will be yours in a manner of speaking.

Last edited by ThePunkAlien; October 8th 2009 at 06:04 AM.
   
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
lonelyguy Offline
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
lonelyguy's Avatar
 
Name: mitch
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Location: Canada

Posts: 205
Join Date: January 31st 2009

Re: nothing worked - October 8th 2009, 06:06 AM

It's not going to be any different. And I won't get a girlfriend. Even I I did at 19 it'd be too late. 60 days is how long I'm willing to wait. I know it doesn't get any better or easier after highschool.

Okay you tell me where I'm going to fucking hang out in this fucking town with these fucking idiots. You aren't listenig. That's all I'm fucking capable of. Or have available.

I might make it sooner because I realize it's really futile and 10 days is as useless as 60 as useless as 100 as useless as 10 years.
   
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
ThePunkAlien Offline
Member
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
ThePunkAlien's Avatar
 
Name: Josh
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Location: Hollywood USA

Posts: 777
Blog Entries: 23
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: nothing worked - October 8th 2009, 06:15 AM

1. It does get better and easier after high school, how do I know this? I can say this as a fact so can everyone else I know because we are in college and we have seen first-hand that everything gets better.

2. Why are you stuck to the same town? Who says? You said it, who's making that definite and concrete?

3. Why would 19 be too late? That makes absolutely no sense at all. Sorry man, but this is really starting to sound like a scapegoat. This can't be all there is, there's gotta be more to your life than this obsession, there has to be something you want, something you want to be no matter how far reachable that might seem now.
   
  (#22 (permalink)) Old
lonelyguy Offline
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
lonelyguy's Avatar
 
Name: mitch
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Location: Canada

Posts: 205
Join Date: January 31st 2009

Re: nothing worked - October 8th 2009, 06:18 AM

I have siblings I know it doesn't get better.

I dont really understand your point. I am stuck in this town because I live here. I'm not following. There's nothing to do other than go to school. Anything else I'm not socially capable of.

I wanted a girlfriend in highschool. There is nothing else that I wanted. Why don you understand? I wanted a girlfriend. I just wanted to be loved like everyone else

So anyway back to my question, anything to do before you die?

Last edited by lonelyguy; October 8th 2009 at 06:23 AM.
   
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
ThePunkAlien Offline
Member
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
ThePunkAlien's Avatar
 
Name: Josh
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Location: Hollywood USA

Posts: 777
Blog Entries: 23
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: nothing worked - October 8th 2009, 06:29 AM

1. It's really complicated to explain this one. It gets better. Problems become more complex and some new ones crop up, but you're more able and ready to handle them because of years of experience. Years you want to cut short because you'll be in the same boat as guys who didn't date until college for whatever reason. Sometimes look back on the past and go, "it was simpler/easy then" - most days "thank god, I'm outta there."

2. When you graduate, you're stuck to that town? That school? You can't go elsewhere? Who says? Here YOU'RE the only one in control and if you stay in "this fucking town with these fucking idiots" after you graduate, then that's your fault because you don't have to and no one's making you. In fact, A LOT of college students MOVE AWAY to ESCAPE. That's kinda supposed to be the norm.

3. If that's the only thing you ever wanted, I don't know what to say to that. I've never known anyone like that. Usually they have some LARGER goal whether they wanted to help the world, become someone famous, use their talents to have their job be something they like and want to do - SOMETHING. Actually, I can't recall one person I've ever even heard of before that has thought only on high school because it's usually "beyond high school, after I leave this fucking place and in control of my own life." Having a girlfriend in high school be the main thing in someone's life from the moment they were young isn't the norm - it extends far beyond that into dreams and aspirations. That's just an added benefit ALONG THE WAY (not THE WAY) for some. For some it's music, for others it's art or film, for some its law, for some its helping people by way of police, for others its helping people like a humanitarian, some want to be a doctor or othodontist, most want to start families - once again, some day - but the drive is to end up somewhere stable in something we like doing or just wanting something that let's us kick back and have fun whatever that may be. I just can't believe one person never had anything like that. Had a drive.

Last edited by ThePunkAlien; October 8th 2009 at 06:36 AM.
   
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
alonealways Offline
^.^
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
alonealways's Avatar
 
Name: Jessica
Gender: Female
Location: Texas

Posts: 230
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: August 19th 2009

Re: nothing worked - October 8th 2009, 07:24 AM

Okay so I think I get the basics of this situation.

I know exactly how you feel. Exactly, no joke. I have friends who are excellent, parents who are loving, but I feel alone. I don't have a boyfriend and it seems I'm not social enough to get a boyfriend. I feel alone and I feel like I can never be truly happy. I try everything people tell me too and I can't get any help ever, or nothing ever seems to help.

...All you need to know is, you're not alone. I'm going through the same thing here.



   
  (#25 (permalink)) Old
lonelyguy Offline
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
lonelyguy's Avatar
 
Name: mitch
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Location: Canada

Posts: 205
Join Date: January 31st 2009

Re: nothing worked - October 8th 2009, 01:14 PM

1. I don't thjnn it will be bettter. There will be too many people who have already had relationships. The new place won't change my shyness.

2. You said to go hang out because school isn't enough. I'm telling you school is all there is I'm not in any cliques. All I want is a girlfriend in highschoool and I'm giving it 2 months. Waiting for university is pointless. I am only willing to wait two months. I've waited enough.

3. Yup that's all I want. I don't see the point in life if I'm not capable of the basic fundamentals. Sorry you don't understand

Last edited by lonelyguy; October 8th 2009 at 01:26 PM.
   
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
Darrenboy!'s Avatar
 
Age: 41
Location: MARS! :D

Posts: 944
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: nothing worked - October 8th 2009, 01:40 PM

i understand that you're definitely going through a lot more than you can even manage to put into words. but the thing is..

that only makes you deserve happiness more, in my viewpoint.

i know that you feel there is a glass case closing you out from everything else, too.. but its purely psychological . Just give it a good punch and it's broken.

There's all i can really say.. its most probably that simple. if you manage to overcome your psychological fears, you'll become able to do anything

give it a try.


Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!
   
  (#27 (permalink)) Old
lonelyguy Offline
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
lonelyguy's Avatar
 
Name: mitch
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Location: Canada

Posts: 205
Join Date: January 31st 2009

Re: nothing worked - October 8th 2009, 02:45 PM

I'm done trying. If no girls notice me in two months I'm simply done trying to live.
   
  (#28 (permalink)) Old
ThePunkAlien Offline
Member
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
ThePunkAlien's Avatar
 
Name: Josh
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Location: Hollywood USA

Posts: 777
Blog Entries: 23
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: nothing worked - October 8th 2009, 03:58 PM

Having a girlfriend in and only in HIGH SCHOOL is not a basic fundamental. Or at least shouldn't be because for the vast majority - that's not even close to the case as seeing it as a "basic fundamental." Having someone in your life granted is, but putting a time limit on it - isn't.

I mean when I'm completely ready I know that I can get a girlfriend because several of the signs were already thrown my way and now with higher self-esteem I can see them, I also have a job at Warner Brothers, a loving family and great friends. I'm happy.

That's the basic fundamentals, doing things that make you happy - not limiting it to having a girlfriend. I mean, I never had one in high school and the life that anyone would dream of - working with a big studio, meeting with and talking to celebrities on a common basis, etc. But, now that I am an early twenties and have A LOT behind me and know there were possibilities before - can only add more to that dream life.

I believe Sean, the creator of Napster said it best in regards to the girls back in high school and where lots of others fall into, "I'M CEO _ BITCH"
   
  (#29 (permalink)) Old
BrookeTHaddict Offline
~Brooke~Fairy Dust Wishes~
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
BrookeTHaddict's Avatar
 
Name: Brooke
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Location: Australia - Queensland

Posts: 344
Join Date: January 11th 2009

Re: nothing worked - October 8th 2009, 04:19 PM

hugs mitch your 17 you have so much of your life to live altho it is so hard atm highschool isnt easy but we get through you know theres probly a thousand other guys that feel the same way as you and have never had a gf and theres probly many on teenhelp too dont give up honestly life does get better if it didnt we would have grandparents and that because they would of given up if life didnt get better but it does and thats why there alive... hmm i know it hurts being lonely feeling rejected and like your not worthy bout you are your alive your worthy and someone will love you honestly keep on trying mitch its hard i know but you can do it you can get through this you have the choice
  Send a message via MSN to BrookeTHaddict  
  (#30 (permalink)) Old
Rudnet Offline
~Junoon~
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
Rudnet's Avatar
 
Gender: Female
Location: SPUTNIK-1

Posts: 213
Join Date: March 2nd 2009

Re: nothing worked - October 8th 2009, 04:32 PM

Hi there.
I understand how you feel completely. I too have a great family, friends and everything a girl could ask for except a boy friend. And howevermuch I want one, I don't let it get in the way of living or become suicidal over it. Because I know lotsa people who've had bad experiences with their bfs and gfs. So just saying that think about what you are wanting to get into.

Also, not having a gf isn't the end of the world. As Josh said, you have a lot of time and if you get into college I am sure that life would really change for you. You seem to have so much potential.

What's with the whole 'I want a gf who's not had any relationships yet' thing about? I mean, there's a lot of good girls who have had relationships before who are not mean or anything.

Anyways, I just think that it's not something that you should commit suicide over. Just think about what everyone here has said. And I don't think that people who have posted here deserve rudeness either.

Also, if you want anything in life, anything at all you have to try your hardest. As Gandhi said, "Be the change you want to see."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Rudnet  
  (#31 (permalink)) Old
lonelyguy Offline
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
lonelyguy's Avatar
 
Name: mitch
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Location: Canada

Posts: 205
Join Date: January 31st 2009

Re: nothing worked - October 9th 2009, 12:48 AM

Yeah I could not live with myself if my first relationship was with someone who already one or more. They just don't understand what it's like to not have a relationship. They are the same people who don't give a crap about me now, otherwise they wouldn't be in a relationship, or they would have approached me.

Having a relationship in highschool is pretty basic for the majority. It's what would have made me happy.

I'm sorry but you guys don't get it. I already gave up. I'm just wondering about some things I should do before I die, since I know no girl will notice me before my cut off date.

Don't think I've been rude!

Last edited by lonelyguy; October 9th 2009 at 01:15 AM.
   
  (#32 (permalink)) Old
LauraB Offline
unbreakable
Not a n00b
**
 
LauraB's Avatar
 
Name: Laura
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: NJ

Posts: 60
Join Date: October 6th 2009

Re: nothing worked - October 9th 2009, 12:58 AM

Hey i'm sorry you've been having a hard time with relationships but, you're not alone! 9 out of 10 times people do not have long lasting relationships in highschool. So what would you like , a long lasting relationship when you're out of highschool and girls are more mature and ready for serious relationships, or a relationship in highschool with a girl who doesn't care about serious relationships and just wants to party and have fun and the relationship ends in like a week?! I'd rather wait for a good relationship to pass by. Not waste my time with non-sense relationships in highschool (:


   
  (#33 (permalink)) Old
lonelyguy Offline
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
lonelyguy's Avatar
 
Name: mitch
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Location: Canada

Posts: 205
Join Date: January 31st 2009

Re: nothing worked - October 9th 2009, 01:04 AM

A relationship in highschool. I havent even had my first kiss. Plain and simple. Sorry you dont understand!
   
  (#34 (permalink)) Old
alonealways Offline
^.^
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
alonealways's Avatar
 
Name: Jessica
Gender: Female
Location: Texas

Posts: 230
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: August 19th 2009

Re: nothing worked - October 9th 2009, 01:15 AM

I haven't had my first kiss yet either. I've never even had a boyfriend ever. So I feel your pain but you have to keep plowing through.



   
  (#35 (permalink)) Old
lonelyguy Offline
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
lonelyguy's Avatar
 
Name: mitch
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Location: Canada

Posts: 205
Join Date: January 31st 2009

Re: nothing worked - October 9th 2009, 01:31 AM

No I don't
   
  (#36 (permalink)) Old
LauraB Offline
unbreakable
Not a n00b
**
 
LauraB's Avatar
 
Name: Laura
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: NJ

Posts: 60
Join Date: October 6th 2009

Re: nothing worked - October 9th 2009, 01:40 AM

You won't find any girls with that attitude =[ . Be confident that you'll eventually find a good girl to be with or, don't sit around a wait for a girl to come to you. Go to them! I understand that you want a relationship. But, truthfully relationships are more stressful than being single.


   
  (#37 (permalink)) Old
lonelyguy Offline
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
lonelyguy's Avatar
 
Name: mitch
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Location: Canada

Posts: 205
Join Date: January 31st 2009

Re: nothing worked - October 9th 2009, 01:42 AM

You're simply not listening. I can't do that. Why can't girls come to me? Quit being fucking sexist.
   
  (#38 (permalink)) Old
LauraB Offline
unbreakable
Not a n00b
**
 
LauraB's Avatar
 
Name: Laura
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: NJ

Posts: 60
Join Date: October 6th 2009

Re: nothing worked - October 9th 2009, 01:53 AM

I'm not being sexist. I'm sorry you took it the wrong way. I just meant if you want it bad enough, sometimes you have to go after the girl(s) but, you said you're shy so nevermind about that idea. We are only trying to help you out and we are all here to listen to you and anyone who wants us to listen and help.


   
  (#39 (permalink)) Old
lonelyguy Offline
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
lonelyguy's Avatar
 
Name: mitch
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Location: Canada

Posts: 205
Join Date: January 31st 2009

Re: nothing worked - October 9th 2009, 01:57 AM

The only options:

1. Get a girlfriend. This can only be done if:

A. The girl approaches me.

B. The girl has not had a relationship before.

C. I actually like the individual.

2. Commit suicide if I don't get a relationship in the next couple months.

So, this simply means that it is out of my control. Girls don't notice me and unless they do soon, I will have to die.
   
  (#40 (permalink)) Old
ThePunkAlien Offline
Member
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
ThePunkAlien's Avatar
 
Name: Josh
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Location: Hollywood USA

Posts: 777
Blog Entries: 23
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: nothing worked - October 9th 2009, 05:15 AM

1. Dude, you'll be waiting a LONG time. Girls don't walk up to you, they may show signs that they like you - but we guys, we're the ones in charge here. No offense to girls, but I rarely see a girl walk up to a guy - it's usually and mostly the other way around.

2. This shouldn't be a problem, it's like saying "I don't want you to be my parents because I'm second born!" Doesn't make sense? Sounds absurd? That's because with love and emotions there is no "I'm number one" it doesn't work that way.

2. So you'd rather end your life than hold on, find the girl of your dreams, settle down, be loved and start a family? Most relationships aren't instant be together foreverness - it's bound to fall apart at some time and then you move on to the next until you find the right person which typically lasts a while and why there's no sense in statistics to "being loved."
   
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
worked

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All material copyright 1998-2019, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.